PDA

View Full Version : Charm buggier then ever???

AdiX__Styxx__
07-22-2005, 06:14 PM
<DIV>Did anyone ever crash right after using charm. Well i was in sp upper tunnels wiht a friend just exploring and we killed some stuff but everytime i decided to use charm when he took too much damage beside mezz etc then the game would send me and him to our char select screen and after logging back in at the entrance of the instance we were doing stuff in!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Plz let me know if i am the only one who this has happened too.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Plz let devs fix it even if we gotta wait till revamp let them fix my class!</DIV>

Dystr
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
yes, i used charm last night in harclave, just for the hell of it, and i crashed to character select within 10 seconds. and then i was locked out for 8 hours. BAH! <div></div>

Bloodtoo
07-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Great, they found a way to break it more. <div></div>

Avol
07-25-2005, 03:23 AM
Same problem here since last patch.  I have a tendency to send the entire group to character select.  However, it does not seem to happen everytime I use charm.  May be some combination of events that causes it, I have yet to put it all together.  I call it group mind wipe. <div></div>

kennyc
07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
<DIV>It happen twice when i was doing Sacturm of Fear</DIV> <DIV>the Epic x 2 mobs with 4 relative ..., i start charm 3 of them , after 30 - 1 mins, it crush </DIV> <DIV>at first i think is the mobs too big bugged in the tunnel ..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>then we go up again and start inc with it , this time i charm 2 of them and 10 sec crush again</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>it not happen on normal battle , just have some unknown factor happen once then will crush</DIV>

Gilbert
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
<DIV>I crashed my entire raid during Brutal Acts of War by casting Beguile.  I wasn't sure if it was me at the time but after reading this it had to be.  I cast Beguile, next thing we know the zone crashes and we're in Splitpaw zone in area.  I guess if your guild gets in trouble during a raid just cast beguile and crash the zone if you think it's going to be a full wipe to avoid a long shard recovery process.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Gilbertus - 50 OGRE Coercer</DIV> <DIV>Monolith</DIV>

AdiX__Styxx__
07-26-2005, 04:05 AM
our version of evac oh great i always wanted evac now i am just a gimpy sorc or a very gimpy scout!

bluesman
07-26-2005, 03:46 PM
<div></div>This has also happened to me at least 3 times.  Last night was the first time I noticed that it happened right after I charmed a mob.  It has only occured in Splitpaw.  Has anyone done a bug report yet?  I am sending one in tonight.  Hopefully they will get this resolved. Golam 45 Coercer Butcherblock <div></div><p>Message Edited by bluesman44 on <span class=date_text>07-26-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:51 AM</span>

shwig
07-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Charming in Harclave is garunteed to crash me to char select and lock me out of the zone =.  Just when I find a great time to use it too... <div></div>

ootpek
07-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Was doing the Arena and anytime I used charm BOOM, back to the character select.  Yay! Already bug reported it too.  Hopefully fixed today.  <div></div>

Azmode
07-28-2005, 06:29 AM
They trying to wipe out the remaing coercers on the servers... all 5 of em.  

AdiX__Styxx__
07-28-2005, 06:25 PM
<P>There are only 4 left on our server (lucan) and 3 of em are in my guild i am one of those 3 btw! How can soe ignore this class for so long we been having trouble since day 1 i even had my guard to 50 b4 i even started my coercer (for real that is lingering about at lvl 10ish) i figured they would have been fixed b4 i hit 45+ well now i am 45 and here we are at the very same point! </P> <P>They postphone the revamp so thats gonna make waiting even mroe painfull! They giving us mroe dps which is certainly nice but thats not really the primary goal of the class i rather see them fix charm to a more usefull lvl and after that make devouring thgouths a usefull thign to cast its stupid even at master 1 now! </P> <P>now might even give us a real ability to stifle the mob but at a high resist shot jsut to keep the mobs challenging and not trivial.</P> <P>With mobs tougher then ever resists of our tanks down they hit freaking hard add tha specials and we have a problem! we need like 10-12 healers for stuff we should only need 2-3 per group for which is 8 at least.</P> <P>Now if we could occasiuonally stifle an epic the damage output would be less of these mobs and make us usefull.</P> <P>Then for god sake make the recast timer of breeze only 2 secs or so 15 secs is just stupid if yer gonna cast it on 24 peeps!</P> <P>or instead of that make it 30-45 min lasting or so that woudl be more usefull!</P> <P>now what do we get a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing DPS upgrade! right now we barely do 5% of a warlock dps if we can even make that which is fine with me btu our other stuff is still broke so we are a seriously gimped warlcok right now we barely bring anything usefull to groups!</P> <P>DPS wise it should be warlock / wizzy 100% conj / necro 50/75% and illu / coercer 25/50% depending on if yer evil or not evil has more dps good has more defense and this jsut isnt the case right now its like :</P> <P>warlock 500%</P> <P>wizzy 400%</P> <P>conj 80%</P> <P>necro 80%</P> <P>illu 10%</P> <P>coercer 5%</P> <P>And Soe wonders why its the most unplayed class in this game ..... go figure its not cause the class name doens tsound appealing its cause it just plainly is broken!</P> <P>Dont we play cash each month to play a viable fun class! I dont want a cooky cutter i just want a class that is more playable!</P> <P>PLZ SOE LISTEN TO US AND GIVE US WHAT WE WANT IN THE REVAMP! B4 there are no more coercers /illusionists left!</P> <P>PS: if not well i dunno yet but i am sure ill do something!</P>

shwig
07-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Yes, this is horribly broken and no response from a dev.  I managed to crash the the whole zone of Sol Eye last night just by casting beguile while we were plowing to naggy.  Maybe if we go around crashing zones they'll listen ; <div></div>

Signal9
07-29-2005, 05:31 PM
<DIV>Heh, We got a response once we threatened to use their bug to our advantage.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Typical, but it worked.  (They <STRONG>say</STRONG> that it's been fixed, anyway.  I have yet to test it.)</DIV>

Kylal
08-10-2005, 06:30 AM
<P>Correct me if I'm wrong, but all these issues above are with our current charm (beguile alone).  On test, I am unable to reproduce any of these symptoms listed above (though they introduced others).  I started a thread with summary elements about the NEW charm line here, inc its bugs....</P> <P><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=27&message.id=4875" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=27&message.id=4875</A></P> <P> </P>