PDA

View Full Version : Spells that STILL do not upgrade, SoE don't forget about us, just because there aren't many of us

CrimsonPetal
07-21-2005, 10:59 PM
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> <DIV align=center><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3><EM>(NOTE TO ALL OTHER COERCERS, SAVE YOUR COIN, THIS IS A LIST OF SPELLS NOT WORTH UPGRADING, AT LEAST NOT YET)</EM></FONT></DIV></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3>To much of my dismay we still have spells that do not upgrade from Apprentice 1 to Master 1  Here is a list of the ones I still use at level 50:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT size=3><FONT color=#cc0033>Velocity- </FONT><FONT color=#00cccc>Haste:</FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>  Increases attack speed of group members by 38% Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer (Beserkers get better group haste than coercers, that's just sad.  I use the level 40 training because at least that has a 5% increase to melee DPS.  Would be nice to see spell haste implemented into the game as well)</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#cc0033 size=3>Reek of Terror- <FONT color=#00cccc>Hate reducer/Fear:  </FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>Makes attacker afraid, decreases threat by 101, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and  casting timer</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#cc0033 size=3>Psychic Wail- <FONT color=#00cccc>AoE stun:  </FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>Stuns target encounter, affects targets level 69 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer ( Worst spell ever, a 6 second stun for almost 500 power? you're kidding me right?)</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#cc0033 size=3>Fatal Hesitation- <FONT color=#00cccc>Root:  </FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>Roots target, decreases damage per second of target by 10%, affects targets level 65 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#cc0033 size=3>Enthrall- <FONT color=#00cccc>Single target mez:  </FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>Prevents AoE, stuns target, affects targets level 56 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer ( Big thanks going out to SoE for making raid targets worth a darn level 57, yet another usless spell for coercers to not contribute on raids, since it used to  affect lesser targets in Epic encounters)</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#cc0033 size=3>Dreadful Awe- <FONT color=#00cccc>AoE mez:  </FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>Roots caster, stuns target encounter, affects targets level 57 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#cc0033 size=3>Beguile- <FONT color=#00cccc>Charm:  </FONT><FONT color=#6666ff>Charms targets with a 90% - 110% chance of success, affects targets level 55 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer (ah good old faithful, we can alway depend on this one to be broken, in one way or another)</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3>I decided to post this thread in a desperate attempt to get some attention paid to the coercer class, and waiting on the elusive combat changes that we've been hearing about forever now is getting old, especially for spells that haven't scaled up since November of 2004.  I do realize that most of these spells are control spells, but they should at least upgrade in the level of the target that they can affect and the duration.  </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV align=center><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#6666ff size=3><EM></EM></FONT> </DIV>

Dystr
07-22-2005, 02:17 AM
<div></div><span><blockquote><hr>CrimsonPetal wrote: <div> <div align="center"><font color="#6666ff" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"><em>(NOTE TO ALL OTHER COERCERS, SAVE YOUR COIN, THIS IS A LIST OF SPELLS NOT WORTH UPGRADING, AT LEAST NOT YET)</em></font></div></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#6666ff" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">To much of my dismay we still have spells that do not upgrade from Apprentice 1 to Master 1  Here is a list of the ones I still use at level 50:</font></div> <div> </div> <div><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="#cc0033">Velocity- </font><font color="#00cccc">Haste:</font><font color="#6666ff">  Increases attack speed of group members by 38% Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer (Beserkers get better group haste than coercers, that's just sad.  I use the level 40 training because at least that has a 5% increase to melee DPS.  Would be nice to see spell haste implemented into the game as well) <font color="#ff0000">agree, do not upgrade velocity above adept 1. </font> </font></font></font></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#cc0033" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Reek of Terror- <font color="#00cccc">Hate reducer/Fear:  </font><font color="#6666ff">Makes attacker afraid, decreases threat by 101, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and  casting timer <font color="#ff0000">agree, do not upgrade reek of terror above adept 1. </font> </font></font></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#cc0033" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Psychic Wail- <font color="#00cccc">AoE stun:  </font><font color="#6666ff">Stuns target encounter, affects targets level 69 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer ( Worst spell ever, a 6 second stun for almost 500 power? you're kidding me right?) <font color="#ff0000">disagree.  get it to at least adept 1. i have this at adept 3 and it hardly ever resists, my friend has it at master 1 and it NEVER resists.  this spell is useful on raids to stun the ^^ adds when the going gets tough.  of course, this is my opinion.</font> </font></font></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#cc0033" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Fatal Hesitation- <font color="#00cccc">Root:  </font><font color="#6666ff">Roots target, decreases damage per second of target by 10%, affects targets level 65 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer <font color="#ff0000">couldnt agree more, i dont think i have cast this a single time.  the master has been rotting on the broker for about 3 months and it only costs like 1pp at the moment...</font> </font></font></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#cc0033" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Enthrall- <font color="#00cccc">Single target mez:  </font><font color="#6666ff">Prevents AoE, stuns target, affects targets level 56 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer ( Big thanks going out to SoE for making raid targets worth a darn level 57, yet another usless spell for coercers to not contribute on raids, since it used to  affect lesser targets in Epic encounters) <font color="#ff0000">disagree, upgrade it to at least adept 1. i upgraded this to adept 3 because it cons blue and i found it resisted fairly easily on higher level mobs.  at adept 3, it hardly ever resists. again, my opinion.</font> </font></font></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#cc0033" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Dreadful Awe- <font color="#00cccc">AoE mez:  </font><font color="#6666ff">Roots caster, stuns target encounter, affects targets level 57 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer <font color="#ff0000">disagree for the same reason as Enthrall.  this is a useful spell because it has a one second cast time and affects level 57s.</font> </font></font></div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#cc0033" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Beguile- <font color="#00cccc">Charm:  </font><font color="#6666ff">Charms targets with a 90% - 110% chance of success, affects targets level 55 and below, does not affect Epic targets Note: same power cost, duration, recast timer, and casting timer (ah good old faithful, we can alway depend on this one to be broken, in one way or another) <font color="#ff0000">pretty much neutral on this one.  i upgraded to adept 3 because i could.</font> </font></font></div> <div> </div> <div> </div> <div><font color="#6666ff" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">I decided to post this thread in a desperate attempt to get some attention paid to the coercer class, and waiting on the elusive combat changes that we've been hearing about forever now is getting old, especially for spells that haven't scaled up since November of 2004.  I do realize that most of these spells are control spells, but they should at least upgrade in the level of the target that they can affect and the duration.  </font></div> <div> </div> <div align="center"><font color="#6666ff" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"><em></em></font> </div><hr></blockquote> now, although i am disagreeing as to the worth of upgrading, i DO NOT disagree at all that upgrading these spells should provide some other benefit besides resist-checks.  affecting higher level mobs, increasing duration, etc. would be excellent ways to further legitimize upgrading these spells.  very nice post, as these are the spells that need attention with reference to scaling.  </span><span>of course, who knows what the revamp holds...</span> <div></div>