PDA

View Full Version : Beguile Technique question

Krelfeari
06-04-2005, 09:26 AM
<DIV>I realize its self defeating in essence but has anyone tried using charm as a leveling technique without their buffs on? atck speed buffs are pointless for us, and while all our others are useful, i am just wondering about how fast fights go when u try this.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ofcourse breeze should be on, but aside from that, no buffs and reply that damage and fight duration, parsed, compared to a fight with buffs and no charm. Just curious, I don't think the damage will be any better and its certainly more risky since ur dropping buffs that can be life saving, but I am interested in the results if anyone wants to take the time to check it out. thanks in advance.</DIV>

AdiX__Styxx__
06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
<P>Hi again, I am a lvl 30 coercer still and havent got the ability to beguile yet so i cant answere your Question but i do have a quistion myself which i asked b4 and i have not got an answere too.</P> <P>If ya beguile a creature, it then becomes yer pet, but it might die at some point will you receive the XP from the death from yer pet then or will it just be like a summoners pet dying.</P> <P>If ya do then that might be the real problem why SOE has so much trouble in balancing this class i read a lotta posts on this forum to figure out what was in store for me at 38+ (cause of teaming with my lvl 50 frds). I am hoping Soe will find solutions for the troubles and bugs we are having as a class and i trust they will at some point.</P> <P>Meanwhile i respect the people like tanatus and orki who have played their coercer to the hihg end game and decided to stick with the game and just reroll till (at least i assume) the class gets fixed and they might decide to play it again for the challenges that will lie ahead. </P> <P>If and reading all the posts this will prolly happen, if i get dissapointed in the late game with all the things previously stated i can always go back to my guardian or lvl my defiler instead and i will only bring out my coercer when the guild has no chanter to raid with. The game isnt just one single class people and even tho i like to see it fixed i will give soe time to get their thing togheter and do something about the deficiencies that occur with all classes.</P> <P>Anyways can someone still plz answere the Q i stated above i am really curious about it, thx for yer time and patience.</P> <P>50 kerran guardian Lucandlere</P> <P>33 gnome Defiler Lucandlere</P> <P>30 Dark elf Coercer Lucandlere</P> <P> </P> <P>PS: Try to have fun out there people! Take care</P>

Krelfeari
06-05-2005, 06:34 PM
actually to avoid the exp from ur pets death thing soe has basically made it where beguiled mobs pretty much never grab aggro....what happens is ur pet beats the mob ur attacking and the mob ur attacking aggro's u instead of ur pet....ur pet will not take much damage in most cases unless the mobs maybe use AOE or perhaps have reactive procs that hurt ur pet for attacking them. <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'd be interested tho in seeing if blink can switch the aggro....that would be neat but from what I've read, it can't.</DIV>

Encantador
06-06-2005, 02:30 PM
<P>Speaking as a coercer who uses charm please ignore the previous post. Pets will take damage depending on how you use them and I happily let them die when clearing greys. Quite often when fighting low greens I will charm a mob so I can get its HP lowered by having two mobs fight each other. They do not recover their health immediately when charm breaks. Why do I only do it with low greens? Because using charm like this, charm does not last long enough to seriously dent the health of two mobs at once. So after 30 seconds I will definitely have one mob on me and probably two. I have a simple rule ... if I could not solo the entire fight then I do not use charm.</P> <P>When a pet dies you do NOT get any experience or quest credit. It is like having a summoner pet.</P>

Encantador
06-06-2005, 02:58 PM
<DIV>To go back to the OP for a min.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Krelfearius wrote:<BR> <DIV>I realize its self defeating in essence but has anyone tried using charm as a <FONT color=#ccffcc>leveling technique </FONT>without their buffs on? atck speed buffs are pointless for us, and while all our others are useful, i am just wondering about how fast fights go when u try this.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Charm as a levelling technique ? ROFL. For me charm is a minor amusement I use it so I am practised if it ever becomes useful or if I am bored camping a spawn like Game Room Billy [great place to practice btw]. If I were to try to level by soloing (which I never have) I would rather go search out some white solo mobs, and kill them in my own clumsy way, than risk attacking anything worth experience using charm.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

ootpek
06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I've had some good luck with Charm. My favorite spot where I had the best time is In EL...there's a bunch of Lamia solo mobs over on the plateau sort of north of where the Big tree stump is.  They are all solo mobs and there's a good 6 to 8 of them around.  I would charm one, fight another, and repeat until they were all dead.  Would take me about 3 minutes per cycle and it would be non-stop charm, nuke, charm, nuke the whole time using the one pet over and over and then in the end kill him off.  Can't remember what level I was then, but they were all blue to me I believe.  <div></div>

AdiX__Styxx__
06-07-2005, 05:58 AM
<P>thank you for yer quick response all ! I also hope that you all understand that i asked this Q so you would all understand why it wouldnt draw agroe ! I for one got so dissapointed reading all these posts about teh coercer subbclass that i am gonan elave my coercer at 30 for teh time being. I prefer to lvl up to 50 with abilities that work and use them while i try to lvl cause i solo a lot got to 30 with only two times that i grouped.</P> <P>Anyways thx again and i hope SOE will do something about the least played class on the lucan server!</P>