PDA

View Full Version : Officially Coercer

Krelfeari
05-20-2005, 03:16 PM
<DIV>I hit level 20 last night just doing little green con quests everywhere for fun. Recklessness is umm...well its there...I saw it raised attack speed by 25% at app1....i figured since i bought adept of breeze and it was nice that adept of recklessness would be cool.....increase was from 25% to 27% lol...that was dissapointing.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Still having fun tho, now I'm just gonna do quests till i hit about 150-200 quests before I start grinding out levels asap again.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Next check in will be at 25. I currently still think the class is fine and fun and I can solo mobs higher level than myself which makes me currently content. I'll post wether or not I can still solo higher level mobs at 25.</DIV>

Signal9
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Good to hear.  Unfortunately, all of our hastes have negligable increases from upgrades.  You should probably get your root to Ad3 if you can, Blinding light is the best one we get, so maximize it if you can.  Also, when you get gloom, get that to Ad1 minimum.  It's you primary debuff until the 40's, since Melancholy seems to get resisted so much more. <div></div>

Chath
05-20-2005, 08:39 PM
<P>If you cannot solo higher level solo mobs at 25, we'll have to sit you down and have a talk.  Up to 35 so far, and still soloing yellows.  *wink*</P> <P> </P>

Krelfeari
05-21-2005, 07:06 AM
no winking at me, it makes me feel uneasy :smileytongue:

Signal9
05-23-2005, 04:49 PM
<P>Out of curiosity, Chatham, are you stifle-tanking, or root-nuking your yellows?</P> <P> </P> <P>35 was around the last point I could safely stifle-tank mobs above my level.  I seem to be taking a much larger amount of damage from melee mobs after that.  This occurred near one of the patches, so there could well have been some changes (maybe the mobs hitting more, but for less happened then).</P> <P> </P> <P>I'm about 37.5 now, and almost totally stalled.</P>

bouncer
05-23-2005, 07:11 PM
<P>This is how I generally solo stuff bud:</P> <P>1) Get back max distance to cast and land your longest cast time DoT, and cast it.</P> <P>2) Then cast stun, the mob still should be a small distance from you and you should not have been hit at this point</P> <P>3) HO nuke the mob</P> <P>4) Then silence followed by dot.</P> <P>5) Rinse and repeat steps 3 and 4</P> <P>Should work 9 times out for 10 :smileyvery-happy:</P> <P> </P> <P><FONT size=3>Oh and remember that dreadful awe is a group mezz, NOT a group stun......like I did :smileysurprised:</FONT></P> <p>Message Edited by bouncerad on <span class=date_text>05-23-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:12 AM</span>

Chath
05-23-2005, 11:31 PM
<P>I stifle-tank.  Like bouncerad, I start with a DoT (Anguish) at a distance, then a stun (usually re-hitting the stun button until the mob gets into range of the spell, which is basically just far enough away that the mob is within a step or two of me when the stun lands).</P> <P>Where he and I differ is I lay on other DoT's (Gloom, Melancholy, maybe Spasm for resistance debuff) before alternating HO's and stifles, whereas he just goes HO-happy.  (And I have to stifle my giggles every time I pronounce "HO".)  Because it takes at least two HO cycles before I take out a typical mob, my DoT's will have expired well before then.  (Otherwise, I might need three or four HO's to complete the mob -- the extra 150 points damage from completing the HO does not make up for the much better damage-to-power ratio of the DoT's, although the time to lay them down does diminish from the overall DPS a bit.)</P> <P>When fighting casters, like lamia charmers or Darkflight hags, I open with a stifle instead, and then Anguish, and then HO's'n'stifles, because they don't have nearly the hitpoints or melee damage output that the tank mobs do.  Then again, the hags come teamed with a tank type, so I usually group mez, then mez the tank, then stifle the hag and finish her off quickly, then leisurely take out the tank.  If I don't stifle the hag first -- or if she resists -- she opens with a nearly-1000-point Nil Distortion... ouch.  Good thing she's got no up arrows.</P> <P><SPAN class=time_text>I'm level 36 now, BTW, and these methods still work.  I'll be back here whimpering and sobbing if I can't figure out how to adapt to whatever change comes in the next couple of levels.</SPAN></P><p>Message Edited by Chatham on <span class=date_text>05-23-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:34 PM</span>

Mondwaecht
05-24-2005, 03:09 AM
<P>you will be able to solo at all levels as a coercer...but not in all areas...you need some space...but thats a problem alll the casters have.</P> <P> </P> <P>I'm lvl50 now and most of the time I could take down yellow solo mobs with reasonable risk at a reasonable speed.</P> <P>From the Level I got the first Mezz I could even take down green (and depending on lvl my coercer was blue) ++ mobs with a bit higher risk (success chance 40-60%) and of course at a ridicolous "speed"...I never did it for a kill quest, but often for questnameds...and it always made me proud when I succeeded and opened that wooden chest.</P><p>Message Edited by Mondwaechter on <span class=date_text>05-24-2005</span> <span class=time_text>01:12 AM</span>