PDA

View Full Version : Root

Chog
05-11-2005, 11:22 PM
<DIV>Does this spell line serve any useful purpose? I'm about to remove it from my hot key bar. I can't remember the last time I used it to any good effect. If the mob is taking damage of any sort, it breaks almost instantly. If the mob isn't taking damage, mez is vastly better.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Does the level 36 root (Forced Hesitation) hold any better? It has a 3 second casting time (compared to 1 second for Binding Light), which is a couple strikes against it already, IMO.</DIV>

Mandelbro
05-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Forced Hesitation is worse when the target is taking damage, imho.  But I do use Forced Hesitation to cut down on damage being dealt to the tank if he's surrounded.  Just FH one of the mobs that isn't taking damage.  I usually only do this if I'm bored of the normal routine though.  At 38, Forced Hesitation is probably my least used spell.  The casting time just cripples any usefulness it might have. I use root on 2 occasions: - When there's a lot of crowd to control, I'll take aggro on one and run them off and root them.  With no one hitting, it tends to last a while.  *tends* - When solo'ing.  Anguish, Melancholy, Cerebral Spasm, Root, back off, Nuke/HO until root breaks, Stupify, Unnerving Stare, Melancholy, Nuke/HO = Dead mob.  Rinse, repeat. <div></div>

jaboogw
05-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Seems to me that if i dot (agonizing silence, torment, despair, gloom, besklor's), root (fatal hesitation) will break. <div></div>

Mandelbro
05-12-2005, 01:14 AM
I use old school root, not fatal hesitation.  Like I said above, FH is worse than root in my experience.  That and 3 seconds to cast = me dead. <div></div>