PDA

View Full Version : What level do Coercers start sucking?

roarfrost
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
<DIV>Granted, mine is only 15. So far no problems getting groups, soloing, etc. I'm finding that alot of people I group with are low level alts for other players, so they understand what mez can do alot better than noobs can. Of course, any class is easy levels 1-20, so what about high level Coercers?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I grouped with a lvl 50 Coercer the other day with my main. Everyone in group was mana dumping, yet still had full mana at end of every fight. Killing things nearly nonstop, xp flying in. Nearly died several times in CT and SoF (had two of those giant groups of mobs on us), but the Coercer's CC saved us. So I wouldnt say the high level Coercers suck at all. (Coercer did get aggro several times, but our MT was a few levels lower than everyone else).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So somehwere in the middle there, things must start sucking so badly. When?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Tanatus
05-09-2005, 08:27 PM
<P>Coercer suck badly starting from lvl 37 and onward ...</P> <P>To understand that you need have on your hands at least 2 chars lvl 40+ (one coercer and second dont matter) and you need finish game with at least 1 char (finish game = kill Darathar)</P> <P>I can give you 2 brief example of differences...</P> <P>I have lvl 50 coercer who finished game and I have lvl 41 warlock. Coercer have top none raiding gear possible, warlock have just "very good" gear so lets see...</P> <P>With coercer even at lvl 50 I'd have SERIOUS problems with say soloing such simple heritage like Groompy stolen goods (EE bag).... Warlock at lvl 41 SOLOED it (yes I did kill solo both Chomper and Tal'Bzog (sp))...</P> <P>Coercer had serious problems with Training as Sheild Heritage step 4 at lvl 46.... Warlock soloed it at lvl 41 no swat. Same goes for DFC access, Ferrott access and atm warlock at lvl 41 about to try do solo boat ride to EF (I dont see a reason why I cannt win it)</P> <P>So to speak every single moment of game there coercer must have a group warlock can do solo. Our raid alliance defeated Darathar (toughest mob in game) w/o single enchanter .... If you take average group and replace coercer with any other class you WILL grind exp faster</P> <P>Most important is fact that coercer no fun to play or ppl would play em. As it stands now the only use from coercer on raid is cracking .... well toss here once in while AE Mez/AE stun (only if raid low on warlocks)</P>

Orki who Pos
05-10-2005, 12:29 PM
<P><FONT size=3>Another way of seeing it is that at lvl 37 and 38 you will probably be fighting mobs where your mez spell wont work due to the level limit..</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=3></FONT> </P> <P><FONT size=3>At theese levels you see exactly how little that spell matters... and without it, what are you, a mana battery and really really bad dps?</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=3>- You can be compared to a mana robe/golden boots and an adept 3 spell on the groups wizard, sigh.</FONT></P> <DIV><FONT size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3>When wizards can tank orange con group mobs in an one-healer group at 35+, stifles suddenly seems less powerfull too, dont they?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3>(I know, because i have done just that from lvl 35 to 38, just beware of barrages)</FONT></DIV>

Tanatus
05-10-2005, 06:53 PM
<P>Orki at lvl 36 you should not fight lvl 42 mobs its pointless (and Mesmerize have lvl cap 41) .... At lvl 37 you get entrall that work all way up to lvl 58 mobs (ol if you can find one aside of Dara.</P> <P>I just want remove myth that at certain lvl coercer cannt mez targets that group fighing</P> <DIV>As for tanking .... arrow down mobs - is no treat at all at any cons the only danger is spell interuption</DIV> <DIV>No arrow mobs - pose some treat - you can tank 1 even con but will take notable damage</DIV> <DIV>1 arrow up - pose serious treat - you cannt tank this mob for very long mainly because of specials ... you can withstand nornal melee attack thou</DIV> <DIV>2 arrow up - in 2 words? Fully landed 1 round of attack = death sentence for caster</DIV>

Orki who Pos
05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
<P><FONT size=3>*shug* my coercer routinely ran into the level cap on the mez spell when i played it, after moving on from runneyeye to rivervale and CT. Efficient or not, it was there and it was annoying.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=3></FONT> </P> <P><FONT size=3>As stated above, my sorcerer has been the tank from 35 to 38, and soon to be 39. (I have 162 agility, so not even that impressive)</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=3>Orange ^^ mobs are easily done in a duo  with either a warden or a cleric, just pick mobs that dont barrage.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=3>Barraging mobs will make you see the red in your hp bar with a non-cleric healer, the rest of the mobs dont stand a chance.</FONT></P> <P><FONT size=3></FONT> </P> <P><FONT size=3>I expect it'll get alot easier at 40.</FONT></P> <DIV><FONT size=3></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3>PS: It's gunna be a bit rougher when they nerf parry like they did on test, and thank god for that.</FONT></DIV>

Tanatus
05-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I am powergamer so I was avoiding like plague situation then I was getting exp penalties (-50%) for fighting mobs that +7 lvl to my lvl <DIV>RE was great for exp from 33-34 upward to 37-38, RV roughly 34-39 (at lvl 34 rats at lvl 39 nighbloods), CT start rock in around lvl 40 as long as you stay on top of maze otherwise CT best for lvls 42-46, at 43-44 you can hit PF and stay in PF up to lvl 48 (that's then exp here start slow down) and at 48 move to Solusek</DIV>

Nibbl
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
<DIV>Eh, I ran into the level limit allot too around 37 so its not a myth. I played with some higher level poeple and we routinly killed higher level mobs so my mez ability did go out the door for a 1 - 1.5 levels around that time</DIV>

Tanatus
05-11-2005, 07:25 PM
<P>*sign* at lvl 45+ I never run in situation then mez was actually needed .... so it actually irrelavant can you mez or not it dont affect outcome of battle at all ... but its do ... then you group grinding exp in wrong place. It been told 100 times if mob more then 7 lvl above lowest lvl person then group suffer exp penalities, also its bad for exp if lowest con mob not exceed highest lvl person for at least 1 lvl...</P> <P>In other words ideal exp grind team is</P> <P>a) lvl defference between teammates no more then 3</P> <P>b) mobs that group are killing is +1-2 lvl above highest lvl person</P>

ootpek
05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
<p>So in other words you take the easy way to level and never actually TRY anything that might be hard.  No wonder you don't do any damage on your coercer...everything is wimpy and dead in 20 seconds. </p> <p> The mez level cap is a valid concern for people who like to challenge themselves with higher level content.  For a few levels I was reduced in capability and resorted to AE mez on occasion as that was the only mez I could land sometimes.   If you're only fighting easy mobs to grind experience you would never hit that ceiling.  </p> <div></div>

Mandelbro
05-11-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm confused by some of the level numbers you guys are talking about.  My mezmerize won't work on any mob that is lvl 36+.  This has been an increasing problem for me since lvl 31, and I'm now lvl 38.  Soon into this level I'll get Enthrall, but the fact that I can't mez anything 2 levels below me is a joke. What Mezmerize are you using that works up to lvl 41?  I took the Revery trait way back when.  Was that a mistake?  Are you talking about plain old Mezmerize, or have there been changes to the spell line since you were my level? <div></div>

Chog
05-11-2005, 11:04 PM
<DIV>As best I can remember without access to the examine box, Romiak's (level 20 character trait) is limited to level 36 or 38 mobs and Mezmerize (level 22 spell) is limited to level 41. I keep both of them on my hot key bar. At level 33, I don't run into limits on Romiak's very often, but I have had it happen. I haven't tried to mez anything with Mezmerize that was too high.</DIV>

Arithion
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
<DIV>Personally I found it very difficult to level from 28 - 40 because no one seemed to realise how to play with an enchanter class, since honestly not many of them play past 30. It's harsh, because the spells that we're given to us are severely limited. You can play, and you can play your class well if you stick it out. 40+ is a lot better, because we're fairly important for the higher up game, at least in terms of mana regen and if you don't mind being a buff bot.  However, I'm a powergamer, and I live for raids. I don't care about quests unless it gets my guild status, so this is purely from a raiding point of view.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>At 50, I have my ae mez, and my nice 8 second recast normal enthrall that go for up to levels 57 or 56, and of course not epic mobs. My stuns and my main stifle don't work on epic mobs over ^^^ and over, but I deal with that. You're not the godlike character you were in EQ1, and we are by no means the definition of what a Coercer actually means, but you can compensate for the shortcomings forced onto us by simply doing the best you can with what you have and adapting your play style to fit.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The class is important if you're willing to level it up, but it's a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] to do so. I hate that my crowd control isn't my paramount ability, and I hate it that my charm is basically useless in most circumstances... but if you're willing to adapt and hold out for them to actually unnerf us at some hopeful point in the future, the class isn't that bad at all...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I even manage to have fun.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Doesn't mean I don't want them to freaking unnerf us though... just means it's playable without it</DIV>

roarfrost
05-13-2005, 09:12 AM
<DIV>Thats one area I can defintely see needing some improvement- the Charm abilities. I'm not close to getting it yet, but from what I've seen and read, it seems that its short duration and associated bugs would make it pretty crappy. Seems like it should be the most important and well-designed spell line for this class. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

TeveLeezardba
05-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Vigilance is a priceless value when you play an enchanter.  We will be good, eventually - I believe that. <div></div>