PDA

View Full Version : Mez puzzlement

Chog
05-02-2005, 10:06 PM
<DIV>Something happened over the weekend, and I'm hoping one of the veterans on the board can enlighten me as to why I was seeing what I was seeing. I was in Nektropos Castle with a fairly weak group. We were doing fine until we went into the basement and got to the two named bugs.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>We pulled one of the named bugs and were doing fine. We had some adds, but they weren't really bothering us. Then the second bug, Xestoblum, wandered up and added.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I saw him coming and hit him with Mezmerization. I did not see a resist message, but Xestoblum continued to walk around and appear to agro people (I'll explain the appear to later). I figured someone broke mez, so I hit him with Romiak's. Again, no resist message. I typed in a nasty gram to the group about breaking my mezzes. However, Xestoblum continued to wander around and appear to attack people.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now, I'm used to my mezzed mobs standing still with the colored lights going around their heads. The fact that he was moving made me thing that either I had missed the resist message or someone had broken mez.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So I dug up my log file after the fact to try to figure out what happened. I am now completely puzzled. I can see myself casting mezmerization, and I see the message that Xestoblum is mezermized. While he is mezzed, he takes no action, there is no message that mez wore off, and no one hits him or does any damage to him. Some time later in the log, I see my Romiak's go off. Again, I see the success message. Again, he does nothing in the log, there is no message that the mez wore off, and no one hits him or does any damage.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But, dang it, he was moving around and looking very active during that time. Eventually, operating under the assumption that he isn't mezzed (since he isn't standing there drooling), we start off-tanking him, stunning him, etc.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The log says he was mezzed. My eyes said he wasn't. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? </DIV>

Pins
05-02-2005, 10:28 PM
That's because, a second named of the same kind came up and whacked you!No really, Nek Castle in that bug area, is buggy, bad pun, but it is. The bugs will go invis, screw you over, etc. It is a death trap waiting to happen there.

Manusra
05-07-2005, 09:32 AM
<DIV>Best best is stay down the hall and let the tank pull untill all bugs are dead. No bugs no errr bugs :smileywink:</DIV>

Chog
05-11-2005, 12:35 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Manusra wrote:<BR> <DIV>Best best is stay down the hall and let the tank pull untill all bugs are dead. No bugs no errr bugs :smileywink:</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah, we went back and pulled the bugs back to the corner one at a time and had no problems. My original question was more to see if I was seeing a mez bug. If it is just a bug with those bugs, then I won't worry about it.