PDA

View Full Version : Thought Stones

Neric
04-13-2005, 03:00 AM
<DIV>Finally got to L42.5 and got my final nuke and thought AT LAST, I can nuke some greys and finish some old quests.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But I get TARGET TO WEAK, can only cast on L34 and above mobs.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Why the heck is that!!!!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Our first spell that gives us a thoughstone can be cast on L18 and above mobs. WHY ARE NOT ALL SPELLS THAT PRODUCE A THOUGHTSTONE not set to L18 and above targets!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>What the point of have a nuke that I can't use on over half the mobs in the game!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't know about anyone else, but thats just STUPID. So insteand of nuking for 400+ (which still sucks for a L42 mage class) but if the mob is less then L34 I have to use an old spell and nuke for about 100, I know our class is broken I did not know we sucked this badly!</DIV>

Valdaya
04-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Not to nitpick, but at the level you get Tyrannical Mind, it should be roughly equivalent to the nuke it replaces, Despotic Mind, assuming that the spell quality is the same (Adept 1, etc.).  There's no way you should be nuking for 100 against an enemy unless that enemy is below level 18, and thus can't be affected by Despotic Mind.  I understand wanting to exaggerate to try to prove your point, but really, that's a ridiculous exaggeration.

Rakn
04-13-2005, 07:46 AM
yea i hate that to ,i dont see the reasoning behind limiting our dps on low level mobs doesnt make any sense to me at all and back questing can take ages because of it, heck everything takes ages. i did lightstone finally yesterday and it took me like 45minutes even though im twice as high as most the mobs i was killing, when i did it with my SK it took like 15minutes even though i had no power almost the whole time. didnt they once say all clases could solo equally? <div></div>

Gilbert
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
<P>Get Master 1 Despotic Mind pretty much the same as Tyrranical Mind Adept 1 and you can use it on level 20 and up mobs.</P> <P>It's what I use most of the time.</P> <P>Gilbertus [Monolith]</P> <P>Steamfont Server</P>