PDA

View Full Version : Why our spells are crap post level 30

xtroze
04-01-2005, 01:39 AM
<DIV>The main problems with our spells are based on the fundamentals that SOE built into them. These fundamentals are  to limit our spells from the teens to level 50 to a few basic types. In EQ1 you had a much wider range of spells and you would still use spells that were 10s of levels below you because they were unique. You also strived to reach higher levels to gain access the higher unique "new" spells. The joy of this also led to SOE having a hell of a time balancing and controlling all these unique spells.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In EQ2 we have very few unique spells to strived for. What we have is a system that resets the same spells every 10 levels. This is where our biggest problem lies. This system keeps all the spell linear and the only difference is that the higher level spells work on higher level mobs. This is also why we see our top spells having worst mana to damage to mob HP ratios, longer casting times then lower levels spells but do the same thing, and spells that give about the same benifits as the lower level ones on the higher level char. SOE really didn't care if our lower level root was one sec to cast or we had 2 mezes, or our DDs/DoTs seemed more in line with the lower level mob's HP. They were more focused on just the level range of the spells and not what came before or after.  We all know they have failed on even making the spells within the 10 levels balanced or workable and the higher we get the spells just keep getting worst. I have never seen so many limitations, restrictions and  liabilities connected  to spells that extremely limit their usefulness in any other game. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think SOE needs to realize this is not a game that is made up of mini games 10 levels each. This is a game that we as players  want to play for years building the same char. You can say oh, that was EQ1 and this is EQ2, but everquest is not quest every ten levels. I truely hope that the spells from 50 to 100 make it worth while to actually level and we see steady improvements on the spells and we see unique spells that will make us want to strive towards getting. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Xtro</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><p>Message Edited by xtrozero on <span class=date_text>03-31-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:43 PM</span>