PDA

View Full Version : More Coercer GRIPES!!

Nolar
03-30-2005, 03:15 AM
<DIV> I am level 38 and went into the new bloodline zone to try and kill some green critters.  These are relatively tough green mobbs, but should have been soloable. One resist and 3 or 4 hits later I was dead.  While not the greatest player in the world, I'm a good player with above average skills... but this is PATHETIC and frankly its NOT FUN!  My guardian friend can solo these mobbs without batting an eye.  While I could solo mobbs fairly effectively through the mid 30's, this is no longer the case.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I am feeling more and more worthless as a player in this game.  You (Sony) take away my mana regen, continue to screw up the ONE spell I became a Coercer for (Beguile), and have rendered me less than worthless in groups (My DPS and crowd control abilities SUCK comparatively speaking).   </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Sony you have some serious ballancing to do, and the Coercer class deserves some positive attention.  Dont keep taking away our abilities and making us weaker.  You need to give us some improved solo'ing ability and FIX BEGUILE!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If it werent for my friends with whom I have been playing for 5 years, (EQ1 and now EQ2)  I would have quit playing this game months ago.  Despite the fact that I enjoy playing with them, Sony's disregard of the Coercer class has been appauling enough to make me seriously want to quit playing this game altogether.  I have spent too much time and effort playing the one character that I have to start another. </DIV> <DIV><SPAN class=time_text></SPAN> </DIV><p>Message Edited by Nolaren on <span class=date_text>03-29-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:25 PM</span>

Azmode
03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Just got to wait for the DPS Revamp for us.  Hopefully we will be able to solo a little better at higher levels.  Right now I am a Breeze, Stifle, and Mana Drain wench.

laddich
04-09-2005, 07:39 AM
<P>Since your writing, the coercer class has recieved no benefits, or serious upgrades from the developing team. They still hate our guts appearantly. Still I'm in the dark about why they had the chanters class in here anyway, since they were making it the least attractive class.</P> <P>Thankfully, I _am_ having fun as a Guardian. Enough to fire up the old main coercing toon. </P>

nithrill
04-09-2005, 05:03 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Azmodeus wrote:<BR>Just got to wait for the DPS Revamp for us.  Hopefully we will be able to solo a little better at higher levels.  Right now I am a Breeze, Stifle, and Mana Drain wench. <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P><BR>I have mixed feelings about LU#7.</P> <P>They talk about across the board class balancing act, they also talk about DPS rewamp for the mage classes other than Wizard/Warlock.</P> <P>Last time I checked mobs didn't just fall over stunned when being hit with DDs or stand mezmerised while a DoT slowly ticked away.</P> <P>Also, anyone remember the outburst of other players once the Warlock/Wizard mobs started hitting back, just imagine what is going to happen after a Coercer/Illusionist upgrade *shudder*, especially if Beguile gets upgraded to a more than one minute duration... I can just picture the wining ... "I was chain charmed yesterday for 30 minutes, after which time I just LDed... Developers hate us... EVERY mob in game is able to charm me ... bla, bla, bla."</P> <P>The obvious way to sidestep this issue is to keep Beguile on short timer with a recast timer that starts AFTER the duration is over. They could also choose to let mobs have a different version of the spell that works in a slightly different manner.</P> <P>The thought alone scares me ... Anyone remember being Raked from a rooted mob standing 30m away ... well, I do ... *shrug*.</P>

ProteusTielaxi
04-10-2005, 04:15 AM
<DIV>Hmm..I must be missing something. What exactly is wrong with Beguile?</DIV> <DIV>On groups of greens, start with AE mez, then mez others individually, except for one. Beguile that one, and sic him on the others.</DIV> <DIV>As usual, all spells at AdeptI or above, agi above 100 to prevent getting beat on...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Ol'b
04-10-2005, 09:24 PM
<DIV>lame</DIV>