PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 Weeks Out

Nibbl
03-29-2005, 09:46 PM
<DIV>Looks like the coercer/illusionist changes are about 3-4 weeks out in Live Update #7.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>A small blurd from Moor says they will address our DPS issues along with addressing Summoner DPS issues and some Priest issues.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Here is to hoping!</DIV>

Tanatus
03-29-2005, 09:55 PM
<DIV>not 3-4 weeks lol.... </DIV> <DIV>3-4 weeks before Live Update #6 go on, Live update #7 goes on test in 3-4 week and go live in about 2 months from now</DIV>

Scally W
03-31-2005, 12:14 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Tanatus wrote:<BR> <DIV>not 3-4 weeks lol.... </DIV> <DIV>3-4 weeks before Live Update #6 go on, Live update #7 goes on test in 3-4 week and go live in about 2 months from now</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Actually it's not that far out... the LUs have been coming about every 2 weeks...  So about a month.

Erow
03-31-2005, 12:22 AM
<P>Lets just hope it is worthwhile.</P> <P>and while you're at it... fix the loot in Nek Castle - Revisited.<BR>Gear that requires you to be lvl 51 is just silly.</P> <DIV> </DIV><p>Message Edited by Erowen on <span class=date_text>06-08-2005</span> <span class=time_text>01:38 PM</span>

narcoleptic_l
04-03-2005, 02:37 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>and while you're at it... fix the loot in Nek Castle - Revisited.<BR></P> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>that's in LU6 on test now<BR>

Azamien-Dermorate
04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Tanatus wrote:<BR> <DIV>not 3-4 weeks lol.... </DIV> <DIV>3-4 weeks before Live Update #6 go on, Live update #7 goes on test in 3-4 week and go live in about 2 months from now</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>care to revise this assesment Tanatus?

Scally W
04-07-2005, 11:42 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Azamien-Dermorate wrote:<BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Tanatus wrote:<BR> <DIV>not 3-4 weeks lol.... </DIV> <DIV>3-4 weeks before Live Update #6 go on, Live update #7 goes on test in 3-4 week and go live in about 2 months from now</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>care to revise this assesment Tanatus? <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Don't pick on poor Tan, he's happy now in warlock land.

Nerj
04-08-2005, 04:17 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Erowen wrote:<BR> <P>Lets just hope it is worthwhile.</P> <P>and while you're at it... fix the loot in Nek Castle - Revisited.<BR>Gear that requires you to be lvl 51 is just silly.</P> <P>Sivitar - Innothule<BR>-Xanit Kven-<BR>50 Coercer</P> <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P><BR>Looks like it won't :smileysad:</P> <P></P> <HR> <FONT size=2> <P>Moorgard wrote:</P> <P>Some people want to take my quotes and fashion them into absolutes, when in fact most of my statements are intentionally free of such pitfalls. It's not because I want to string players along or avoid issues, but because of the fact that this is a game that will change. If I were to say that ClassX will always do more damage than ClassY, then for the rest of time people would be clinging to that post as a legal binding contract. MMOs don't work that way. All I can tell you is what we intend for the near future, and everything--EVERYTHING--is subject to change.</P></FONT><FONT size=2> <P>Keep in mind that DPS doesn't exist in a vacuum. If a class has an ability that increases the DPS of others, that's a factor. If another class has the ability to reduce the DPS of the target, that's a factor in both group DPS and healing. It isn't your own DPS numbers alone that show your benefits in a group or solo situation.</P> <P>Think of what balance literally means: it's weighing various factors against each other. While there is some balance at the archetype level, it is refined further at each class and subclass. Sorcerers give up most of their defense for high offense, <STRONG>whereas enchanters are giving up defense for a combination of damage and crowd control</STRONG>. Bards don't have as much personal DPS as other scouts, <EM><U>but they have the greatest potential to increase the damage output of others</U></EM>. Every class should have some little nuances like this that differentiate them. The trouble is, even players of that class won't agree on what they want that uniqueness to be.</P></FONT> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV>Nice to know that we will be buff bots again, since our DPS will be determined by the group we are in and CC is pretty useless skill.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>P.S. -- Most people will say they are talking about bards, however bards do have charm. So don't expect any major upgrade in personal DPS.</DIV>

Ghouli
04-08-2005, 06:58 AM
<P>If our Damage and CC could be balanced in line with it's usefulness I would not have a problem with that. So this would mean 1 of 2 things</P> <P>1) 5% CC and 95% damage, weather or not this is direct or indirect I don't mind we would still be useful to a group.</P> <P>or</P> <P>2) Make CC more useful including on Epic mobs. </P> <P> </P> <P>Is this going to happen?  I Don't think so in the short term.  So we wait for LU#7 and prepare for our new round of posts on fixing coercers.  At least we have some Idea of their plan for Coercers, maybe not much but some.</P> <P> </P> <P> </P>