PDA

View Full Version : Which spell do the most aggro?

yes4
03-21-2005, 02:48 AM
<P>I really want to know.</P> <P>Advantage of doing aggro?<BR>- how to taunt to save a teamate<BR>- avoid taunt</P> <P>I don't know if you have experience this, but a multiple heroic encounter has a good chance of attacking me first even if all the following are true:<BR>- I am not the one who started the fight<BR>- I didn't cast a spell nor attack<BR>- I am not the highest or the lowest player in the group<BR>- I am not the closest to the monsters</P> <P>I must smell like a rare and tasty fish from Freeport after swimming so much :smileyvery-happy:<BR>Maybe all the buffs create a lot of constant aggro.<BR></P><p>Message Edited by yes4me on <span class=date_text>03-20-2005</span> <span class=time_text>01:52 PM</span>

Krewlryali
03-21-2005, 04:03 AM
<DIV>This agro is caused by the breeze line of spells.  It works as a "Power Heal" so it gets agro as a heal spell would.  I have died on many occasions due to this.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you are with a group and are running from point A to point B, make sure you don't have breeze cast on ANYONE.  Most people just outrun any mobs that are chasing them, but as soon as they get agro from something, it will come straight to you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As for saving a teammate, your best bet is to use you stuns.  They have a long (15 sec) duration and are very effective.  Getting agro off someone to save them will only result in you needing to be saved.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As long as you have a good tank, you should never be able to pull agro off the tank.  I have tried using all of my spells and chain casting, and have not been able to pull a mob off a taunting tank.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Krewlryality on <span class=date_text>03-20-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:08 PM</span>

Tanatus
03-21-2005, 09:43 PM
<DIV>Much like EQ1 - most agro is tash errr Ravage Psyche, mez produce a lot agro once it resisted, stifle a lot agro, combat buffing = AE taunt...</DIV> <DIV>Spells that dont carry any agro = nukes, dots, stuns, AE DD</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

yes4
03-24-2005, 04:35 PM
<DIV>OMG... I generate so much aggro a guardian who taunts 3 times cannot even get this skeleton out of my back and the healer couldn't keep up the healing and blink doesn't even do anything. And these same skeletons cannot even be mezzed. Serious how the hell are we supposed to get out of this alive?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Does anyone else have experienced this?</DIV><p>Message Edited by yes4me on <span class=date_text>03-24-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:36 AM</span>

Signal9
03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
<P>Recklessness.</P> <P> </P> <P>Caste your group haste, and watch the pack all give you their undivided attention.  For about the 3 seconds it takes you to die.  :smileymad:</P>

xtroze
03-28-2005, 08:27 PM
<P>For a coercer just breathing argos any mob in the zone. You see we are just to powerful and need this type of challenge to balence us with the rest. </P> <P> </P> <P>After you die and are rezed while still in combat do not buff at all or you will die again. I find it funny a wizard/warlock can just nuke like crazy with a small chance of getting argo from the one mob, but the coercer gets argo from all the mobs for just having our buffs up. The only thing we cast that does not cause argo is our DDs/DoTs, this would be a really funny thing if it wasn't so lame.</P> <P> </P> <P>Xtro </P> <p>Message Edited by xtrozero on <span class=date_text>03-28-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:31 AM</span>