PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for playing a Dead class

Ol'b
03-20-2005, 12:24 AM
<DIV>It's obvious to me that SOE going into this game simply patched this class together brainlessly. Many have heard me say this before and it's true , there are relativly ZERO fun spells coercers get to play with. Most of all dissapointiong are the level 50 spells we get.... SOE may not give out spell list for players to look at in the manual but just about everyone researches them.. Starting my life as a Coercer i was excited and gitty about on day getting some powerfull spells , usefull spells , hell anything..  As one progresses into the coercer class you get bombarded and bombarded with not only useless spells but aggro as well , since the clarity your casting is giving HUGE inheriant aggro... Before i decided to make a coercer there were 3  spells that were of particular intrest to me : Minds Eye, Devouring Thoughts & Psychic Wall ... I hate to say it but i was actually thinking i would use these spells................................  Got to use minds eye for a few months before nerf and it was and still is the only of those 3 spells i do use, althought i does nothing  now really..  THE LEVEL 50 SPELLS COERCERS GET ARE JUST A BIG  SLAP IN THE FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the aoe stun lasts about 4 seconds and the aoe nuke does like 80 at app 1 , so no im not bothering making this pile of doggie dooo of a spell into adept 3 so i can aoe nuke for what 160 possibly.. gag! vomit! </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I just seems obvious to me with the recent patches and such and not only do they not give a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] now , they never did give a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] about coercers.. For instance, look at our line of illusions all 2 of them , simply a slap in the face.. I hate to inform all u fellow coercers of this but things wont change, illusionest there will always be more of and there voices takin serious. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

yes4
03-20-2005, 01:20 AM
<P>I think it is because they are from Qeynos. Hence Sony cares more about them because:</P> <P>- Qeynos is SonyEQ</P> <P>- They are probably more illusionists than coercers. Therefore we are a small group of whiners from a marketing point of view.</P> <P>- It is too much work to fix a class completely [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ed up.</P> <P> </P> <P>Edit: New patch on the test server. It doesn't mention (for the n times) about Coercer. I am glad I am still level 23. Once I reach your level, I am looking already forward to all the weird spells that takes 1 hour to cast, and do 1 point of damage every minute.</P><p>Message Edited by yes4me on <span class=date_text>03-19-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:24 PM</span>

Tanatus
03-21-2005, 08:33 PM
<DIV>Ol'boy - just FYI - Psychic Wail is one of most usefull spells from coercer arsenal. PW, Withering Silence (master 1), Mind Gorge (class trait) and Muddled Thinking (master 1) - is 4 most usefull coercer spells on raid</DIV> <DIV>You dont do crack - nada - Illusionist can do better</DIV> <DIV>You dont do CC - Illusionist do better</DIV> <DIV>But you do drain mobs power - not as good as troubadur but let say we still danm good at it </DIV> <DIV>PW - AE stun with 6s duration  and 2 coercers on raid can do safely say 25% damage mitingation on AE encounters (6 s /45 s recast). Specially important at begining of fight - this spell allow healers catch up breath so to speak</DIV>

Ol'b
03-22-2005, 05:37 AM
<DIV>Cmon tanatus why would i ever cast Psychic wall when i can cast seizure twice in that time .... I dont even want to talk about Dem Gaze.. the fact that you put together a raid senario use for it make me wanna puke.. Basically what yer saying is if you get like 4 or 5 coercers in one raid YAY ! then the spell might be worth something .. blah blah blah terrible</DIV><p>Message Edited by Ol'boy on <span class=date_text>03-21-2005</span> <span class=time_text>04:37 PM</span>

Tanatus
03-22-2005, 09:01 PM
<P>Ol'boy are you nuts?</P> <P>Do you actually been in single raiding instance even such [Removed for Content] like Heroic Angler? Do you ever seen "swarm" type encounters? PW god sent spells for such occasion.</P> <P>a) On a pull MT will eat special attack, AE and regular melee attack of named - all healers have concetrate on MT</P> <P>b) ST taking out "swarm" and eating some of swarm specials if you not AE stun you ST will dead and you will have quete messy fight</P> <P>What have to do Seizure with PW btw? Totaly different spell line and serve totaly different pupose. Seizure is wimpy mana drain (do ~48 damage to power pool of mob - physical damage so low that it not worth even mentioning for raid mob). PW is AE stun with HUGE area </P> <P>If you have even 1 coercer on raid its good enouth for healers to catch bearth after initial burst of damage that came from named (6 second is enternity for a raid)</P> <P>Btw AE mez fixed now and give even more space to run 18 second to be exact</P>

xxalan
03-23-2005, 03:16 AM
<DIV>Do you actually been in single raiding instance even such [Removed for Content] like Heroic Angler? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Can an english major diagram this for me?</DIV>

Tanatus
03-23-2005, 08:49 PM
<DIV>Если есть желание можем переити на русский поскольку англиский 5 язык для меня ....</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As for idiots I can explain in 2 words - if you never been on  raid and have no clue what is swarm encounter all about keep your mouth shut about it and perhaps ppl can think that you are smart ...</DIV>