PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point?

Pepperd
03-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Hey all, level 50 coercer here.Can someone tell me whats the point to playing this class after the power regen nerf? I will admit that some tuning was necessary, but now it appears that coercer is inferior to illusionist in every single way. Don't tell me we can charm mobs, theres little to no reason for this spell at level 50.I was originally going to play illusionist, now I regret not going that route with this latest nerf.Here is the breakdown as far as I know, please correct me if I am off:Illusionist: insight (adept 1) = 48 power / 6 seconds + other stat boosts, can be cast on all in raidCoercer: clarity (adept 1) = 40 power / 6 seconds +250ish max power, can be cast on all in raid minds eye (master 1) = 9 power / 4.5 seconds +40ish max power, can only be cast on your group.So WHY would you want a coercer with their single target buff at 8 power/6 seconds less than an illusionist? If coercer could cast minds eye raid wide instead of group only, this would make us about equal in power regen. What about the stat boosts of insight? Can a 50 illusionist fill me in on the particulars?<p>Message Edited by Pepperdog on <span class=date_text>03-08-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:25 PM</span>

Tanatus
03-09-2005, 04:40 AM
<DIV>Pepper Insight boost Int and Wis +40 ..</DIV> <DIV>which equal of +200 power and serious improvement in spell resistance (because of wis component)</DIV>

Oghi
03-09-2005, 12:06 PM
<DIV>Insight Adept III is 40 power/ tic.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nobody has parsed any useful effect for either Wisdom or Intelligence, other than their power pool effects.  Right now, they don't appear to matter (despite anecdotes of "I raised my Wis from 61 to 73, and now I never get a resist!!"  Yeah, right).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In short, the spells give the same power regeneration, and the coercer version adds more to the power pool.  This doesn't mean that coercers don't need improvements.  I think they do.  But posting incorrect comparisons to illusionists in 20 different topics is not productive.</DIV>

TeveLeezardba
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
I think the problem is that its us hurting, and not you. Its much easier to look down on someone that has fallen and say "Be more careful next time!" than it is to bend down and help them up. Its hard not to turn this into an "Us VS Them" situation when every Coercer now percieves Illusionists as a bunch of ravenous nerf-hounds that want nothing more than to ruin their class. Mayo made it that way, it doesn't matter to many people that he's one of few Illusionists with that kind of attitude.Look at most situations in life: People almost always favor generalizations when dealing with things they do not know. That habit is no less prevelent in this virtual world we call home for the time being. So keep that in mind when you post things in response to our complaints - people can and will take your comments the wrong way.Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. No, Illusionists aren't godly or overpowered, but Coercers are severely underpowered now. But I'm getting tired of repeating myself; I'm starting to feel Trollish being on these boards so much.

Tanatus
03-09-2005, 08:37 PM
<DIV>Oghier sorry its actually 47 int and 47 wis whuich translates into 47X5=235 power excatly same as coercer Clarity</DIV> <DIV>47 wisdom allow you fully concentrate on int gear futher increasing power pool</DIV>

Ol'b
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
<DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV>Illusionist: insight (adept 1) = 48 power / 6 seconds + other stat boosts, can be cast on all in raid<BR>Coercer: clarity (adept 1) = 40 power / 6 seconds +250ish max power, can be cast on all in raid<BR>minds eye (master 1) = 9 power / 4.5 seconds +40ish max power, can only be cast on your group.<BR> <HR> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>i have clarity at master 1 and it does 40 every 6 and 240 something to power, and yes its sucks, [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] soe they suck [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] as always .. Nerf the worst class already cause the goodies are bithchin</DIV>