PDA

View Full Version : Do you have pre-made macros to explain mez etc to those who want to know?

Caife Woo
12-22-2004, 06:03 PM
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#ffffff size=2> <P>(Posted this in enchanter forum a few days ago, but got no response... Hoping for better luck here!)</P> <P align=justify></P> <P align=justify>I am not an experienced player. I do however read a lot, try to learn and understand how other classes play and listen to advice. Quite often I group with the same bunch of friends. We don't have to specify roles, rules and tactics at the beginning of the session. People know how to assist, and when I am in the group they are very careful not to break mez etc... Lots of fun!</P> <P align=justify>But when I play with others I like it when someone just quickly put down some tactics to get us on the same path. Like are we going to use HO? I usually don't argue so much on the outcome of that decision, but I do like to have one made before we venture out. If its not obvious from the groups composition - specify who the tank is, point out the assist function (or target the tank), don't change target if healer is aggro'd etc... If people ask (or I think someone needs a bit of enlightening) I explain what mez is and what breaks is.</P> <P align=justify>Anyways... I would have prefered to have some more experienced players lead the way with tactics, but that usually doesn't happen (aside from complaints about the inability of others, hehe). So I have decided to put down some suggestions of my own in the form of text-macros so I don't have to type this every session... </P> <P align=justify>Any of you have some well-articulated macros that covers some of these areas? When you use them, are people usually offended and/or ignore it, or does it work well? I wrote the following just now and was thinking of introducing them at the beginning of a grouping session with new players.  Please comment if you think I should change anything because of wrong, excessive or incomplete information:</P> <P>It could be worth mentioning that I am a level 17 enchanter and the people I play with are also thereabouts in level...</P> <P> </P><FONT face=Verdana size=2> <P><FONT color=#99ffff>/g Guys... I might not be the most experienced player here, but I enjoy the game so much more when groups work towards improving their strategy. Should we take 2 minutes to put everyone on the same path? If you want I also have a few text-macros with tips for playing with an enchanter.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>If they get annoyed, hehe:</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#99ffff>/g Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to say my role in the group is any more important than the rest. But a group with an enchanter and one without usually employ very different strategies. If someone never played an enchanter, never got things explained by others, I can't expect them to understand what we bring to the group. Or the small things they can do/avoid doing to help make us more efficient... For this reason I am at least offering to share what I have learned to those who would like to know.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>Some general info:</FONT></P><FONT face=Verdana size=2> <P><FONT color=#99ffff>/g An enemy with a circling rainbow is mez'ed and will not attack or move until mez is broken. One with multi-colored "fireworks" above him has been stunned (short duration mez, but the target can be engaged).</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial>Do's and Don'ts when the enchanter uses mez:</FONT></P><FONT face=Verdana size=2> <P><FONT color=#99ffff>/g Things to think about when mez is used: </FONT></P> <P align=justify><FONT color=#99ffff>- Always, always click the tank to auto-assist. </FONT></P> <P align=justify><FONT color=#99ffff>- Don't use AoE attacks with blue background. Encounter AoE's (green background) are no probs though.</FONT></P> <P align=justify><FONT color=#99ffff>- A mob with a DoT can not be mezzed (it breaks as soon as the DoT ticks to inflict damage)</FONT></P> <P align=justify><FONT color=#99ffff>Tank: Don't cycle targets (people assisting will break mez), don't taunt (unless absolutely necessary, same effect as previous), don't switch targets to defend healer/enchanter.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#99ffff>Healer: Don't be in melee mode. Could by accident lead to attacking the mob the enchanter just mez'ed when you are healing him. Also, don't panick if attacked and deal out DoT's, that mob will be mez'ed as quickly as possible!</FONT></P> <P> </P> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I would appreciate any comments, additions or suggestions! </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Regards,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Caife</FONT></DIV></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>

kil5t3
12-23-2004, 03:18 AM
AE taunt no longer breaks mez. Some other green AE abilities still break mez.If, when and how you choose to explain these things is up to you. I think you'll discover what works and what doesn't, but it all depends on who you're with.

Gammelt
12-23-2004, 03:47 AM
<DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I might add that I am always amazed that there are people in a group that will assist through me.  I am always changing targets and sure enough there will be someone who will think a Coercer is the one to target to attack a mob.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The other thing is that a MT or another tank is doing me a favor by hitting a mob to get it off me.  Tell the group that unless you ask for help, not to hit anything not targeted by the MT.  This will include at times a mob hitting on the healer.  They need to let us do our job of Crowd Control.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I love to be in a group that does not panic.  Panic kills more people than anything else.  When a tough fight is over I always congratulate the group when no one panics.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Gammelt Trae, aka The Ancient One</DIV> <DIV>Level 25 Coercer, Crushbone</DIV> <DIV>Proud Member of the Shattered Souls</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.<BR><BR><BR>"If sometimes you feel insignificant, useless, offended and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm in your group"</FONT> <!-- / sig --></DIV>