EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
ZUES

You guys forgot to tell us about them in update notes. Nice change. We now have a reason to go grind out those tithe points. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
Wurm

What are you talking about?
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:56 PM   #3
ZUES

Look in your deity window on beta.

[IMG]

Oh and apparently they did tell us something about them at some point. I was able to find a fix they made to it.

ABILITIES
  • Corrected an issue with Divine Potency and Divine Crit Bonus that prevented the correct amount of "Increased Potency gained" or "Increased Crit Bonus gained" at higher ranks.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #4
Wurm

Thats a nice little bonus.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
ZUES

Yes it is!

And before someone asks, let me just kind of explain how the "gained" component works (according to Caith). So let's assume you have an item with 1000 potency. If you have 18 points in potency that item will now give you 1180 potency. It works based on the source of the potency and is not limited to gear.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:50 PM   #6
Lucus

makes me glad i spend most of my points on static gains rather then some that went crazy on DoW and erosion.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 PM   #7
ZUES

Me too! I just wish we had some kind of reset tool for deity points. That and ofocarse some better way of knowing they're full and we need to empty our little pool of 10 points. I lose SO much tithe XP because I forget to spend these darn things.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:09 PM   #8
RescueMe

Just make one of your sometimes-used combat arts into a Macro...and include one of the following lines into the Macro.

For Potency, use:
/spend_deity_point 2951281460 1

For Crit Bonus, use:
/spend_deity_point 2479066486 1

For Stamina, use:
/spend_deity_point 958976882 1

It'll automatically spend a tithe point into the selected choice every time you use that combat art. Will probably give you a little spam most of the time (You don't have a point to spend), hence, put it on something you don't use a ton.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #9
ZUES

Ya I have those on my hotbars. The problem is you have to remember to click it lol.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:43 PM   #10
Nero

So what you're saying is basically:

1. If you play your alts, FU, because now your main will be losing out on what appears to be a very valuable diety experience.
2. If you are just now coming back to the game, or are a new player looking to join the EQ2 community, FU because you'll never be able to catch up to someone that has been stacking points into it for almost a year now.

This isnt something that you can max out, so no, i cant just do a daily on one of my tons and then do it on my alts... i literally **** my main by even logging into my alt.

Heck, what happens by the end of KA when people start breaking 30 or so points in CB and potency? Are all new toons at tat point just screwed? Because the way i read it now, it looks like they are gonna have 30% less CB and 30% less potency.... Am i reading this wrong?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:58 AM   #11
Mermut

Potency numbers have always been listed as percentages.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:10 AM   #12
RescueMe

You're missing what I'm saying.

Don't have a key that JUST spends the point. Make a Macro for your....Roundhouse Kick that is up once a minute. In that macro, you'll have two lines.
/use-combat-umptey-squat-ability Roundhouse Kick
/spend_deity_point 2951281460 1

Now you'll never even have to think about spending a tithe point again, because every time you Roundhouse Kick, it'll also spend a point.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:20 AM   #13
Winddragon

Whats going on here is that it has potency gained as well as normal potency on it, meaning each rank of it will increase the total potency you get gives you by 1%. Max it out with all 100 ranks and you get 100% more potency from everything.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:25 AM   #14
ZUES

OMG I'm such a etard! Why didn't I think of that? /smacksforehead

Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:54 AM   #15
Nero

Go back and re-read the updated effect.

You now gain 10% potency, AND amount of potency gained is increased by 10%
Old 11-01-2016, 03:12 AM   #16
kluxor

1.) if you play ten different characters, they're not all going to be just as powerful as each other. Its a bigger "FU" to people who concentrate their time on one or two characters if they're just as potent as someone's alt army of characters they dont play
2.) the first couple of points come very fast, after that they come slooooow. the difference between someone with 12cb/12pot (which really isnt that hard to do) isnt going to be a gamebreaking you're not grouping with me cause you're terribad witha 12% base increase when i'm at 20% (which is probably where the vast majority of players are maxed at)

When originally added, it was never meant to be something to max out in an expansion...but it got to a point where the numbers were so trivial for a return people werent even bothering to spend their points. Now its worthwhile and everyone wants to complain....
Old 11-01-2016, 06:14 AM   #17
Drusi_EQ2

Basically the people with more deity points invested are "higher level" than those who don't yet have points invested, and why shouldn't they be? They've spent more time leveling up their character. Also, it's reasonable that someone who spends the same amount of time on ten characters that someone else spends on one is going to have weaker characters. I'm not sure why a complaint is necessary here when it's natural to have this sort of character building in an RPG and someone who puts in more time on a character typically will have a stronger one.

(I don't have a lot of points in the deity system yet myself as I only returned to the game a few weeks ago and it didn't exist the last time I played, so I'm speaking here as a "lower level" player myself.)
Old 11-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #18
Ellimist

complain complain complain something something I'm a solo player.

just kidding.

This is kinda cool I like the change. I just don't want to see any zones balanced off it. EVER. thats bad. Other than that something nice to work on.

I think my highest two are around 12 as I put all my points into it being solo and all but I always forget to add them myself. The tip above is really handy.

I'm not sure if to go CB or Potency though. I would like a reset for the static points though. But... you couldn't have a cap of 10 points on reset as you would have thousands of points to respend.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #19
Coty

According to your sig there you've been around since 2014 why the drama queen act?
It is a good change and you should be happy for it not slap it in their face with what's wrong with it...
Old 11-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #20
captainbeatty451

I like the change. It seems to make deity points more interesting and powerful, which is great. I also, however, feel it is another idea that makes jumping into eq2 as a new player daunting--something this expansion is pushing a bit too heavily. Everywhere I turn, i see a reason that alts and new players may become things of the past.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
Widem

After running some numbers and generally just thinking about it I think this is a very poor idea both short term and long term for a variety of reasons.

First off, short term. Crit Bonus for instance will be capped at 4,000 for xpac. I currently have 16 points in CB and based on my current gear (3650CB on beta) I would need about 25 in order to hit cap immediately. I know many people are already 25 and over. This makes any future gains on gear meaningless in regards to a specific stat.

Furthermore, this taking into context with the whole of itemization, infusing, prestige conversions, deity points. What this system has done for about a year and now enhancing is gears stats has an evermore dwindling effect on overall character performance. This has not gone unnoticed by the dev team in my opinion which is why they created the resolve mechanic. That mechanic ensures they don't have to balance any of these things by creating a pseudo flag, not revolving around character performance, but rather are a gear score.

Here are my long term fears taking this as a whole into account. A new player (or character for that matter) starts at 0/0/0. An existing Character has 25/25/25. With the same gear and same class with mock stats and a mock ability. 3000base CB and 10,000 base potency (not counting everything else which will exacerbate this such as ability mod). The final difference in stats would be 25/25/25 3775CB 12,525Pot vs. 0/0/0 3000CB 10,000pot. The difference in output is a 57.6% increase for the 25/25/25 player. This is a bigger difference than gear has ever played in any self contained xpac.

If that is refused to be balanced around this game is going to be boring boring boring. If they do balance around it, new players are pretty much screwed.

I find this mechanic to be similar to resolve in the way it hinders anyone your are trying to bring into the fold. It lacks any type of dynamic forethought and will have to be revamped in the future if the game remains.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #22
ZUES

I like the change. Here's why...

1. We now have a reason to grind at level 100/350.
2. Raiders wont just log in to raid then log off. Doing so will hinder their performance compared to "X" player w/ deity points.
3. Auction channel win! More loot for new players and alts!
4. Players are more motivated to join groups.

If they really wanted to drive this home they would increase XP gain in Kunark Ascending dungeons.

Let's not forget there is a massive diminished curve on deity points. So new players and alts will catch up faster than most people are suggesting.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #23
Nero

According to your sig you've been around for less than a year, so im not sure the point that you were trying to make.

I'm not happy about the change because i play several toons heavily both to help my guildies when they cant find a tank or a healer AND for raid, when we need an extra OT or whatnot. I'm not sure of some of you are just dense or enjoy drinking cool-aid, but look around, nearly all of the changes that have been going in recently are making it harder and harder to actively play and keep up any decent alts.

1. Ethereals: coins not heirloom. We weren't notified of coins being made heirloom until it no longer mattered. Don't know about you, but i didnt "enjoy" grinding out Ethereal content on multiple toons every single day to ensure that they weren't going to be left behind.

2. Myth 2.0: want it for your alts? ok, have fun doing 20 hours of old content first!

3. KA sig line: you want to run the latest content on your alts? Too bad, go grind out some Heritage quest and some languages first!

4. Rolling a new toon? As long as you know you'll probably never catch up becuase you will never get a reset or a ravaging rune or diety point wise to someone that has been playing for the last 2 xpacs, then you're good to go! And while i do see the point of view that states that "i've been around i should have nicer things", you people are the very reason this game is dying. It is so prohibitive for someone to make an alt now, much less a new person to get into the game! Why doesnt anyone see that?

Im not saying go back to the days of being able to level a toon from 20-100 in 2 hours by hopping into styg agnostic, but dang, dont you all think there are just a few too many roadblocks up now? I'm 100% sure the list up top is not all inclusive...
Old 11-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #24
ZUES

Nero, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

So player 1 rolls a new alt in order to fill a slot that his/her raid needs. He levels up (the whole time earning deity points), does his prereq quests (the whole time earning deity points). He does EpRep and epic 1.0 (the whole time earning deity points). By the time he has his character raid ready and the KA sig line done he is at 10-15 points (minimum) depending on his Veterans Bonus. He knows of this change and can invest all his points in CB or Potency. An advantage over players that not only didn't know this change was coming but purchased the deity abilities around the perimeter of the deity window.

Player 2, he has been on this character since 2004. He has every quest already completed. He spent all of ToT grinding dungeons and raids. He rotated his points so has 18/18/18. Mainly because he had no idea this change was coming.

Player 1: 10,000 potency + 1000-1500 potency + 1400 potency (depending on class and group in raids) 12,400-12,900 potency.
Player 2: 10,000 potency + 1800 potency + 2000 potency ) depending on class, buffs, food and group setup) 13,800 potency.

The CB is pretty much irrelevant because most of the new gear (especially armor) will get you close to cap anyway.

The veteran player has earned the tithe by being in the game, paying his monthly subscription and participating in community events (groups, raids, etc.). He has time invested. He's rewarded by an increased amount of potency/CB/STA and it was well earned. But it's not THAT substantial that it makes player 1 useless by any means.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #25
Wurm

Its win win. regardless if you get a lot or a little you are still getting more than you had before. There is no reason to complain about it.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #26
Ykysh

Completely agree with this. Since ToV game becomes more unfreindly for alts and newcomers every expac.
I had unforgettable experience from starting new toon with new account on eu server last december, while had 9 years old acc on russian sever where was disabled transfer to euna.
I had alot roadblocks for catch up to max level and endgame content
1st was no call of veteran and free expirience potion, this feature not must have but give alot comfort to veteran players.
2nd no veteran dispay case, with curent plat inflation most players dont check prices and buying things listed on the top of the broker, so new players forced to make prices alot lower than vet's who have this cases. This problem half solwed with new expac collector eddition but not all players can afford collector or premium expac. Need to add this cases to DB cash shop.
3rd no ethereal weaponsrunes. Once i geared my char for solo farm Kralet contested nameds, i sit in this dungeon every free moment, from march till summer ethereal event, from this time i looted only 1 rune.
Now for newcommers here adds deity system and time limited ascending leveling.
This not will be issue untill endgame balance will ignore this mechanics, but when endgame be affected by them we get another population loss.

For dev's, please start learn on others mistakes, and take a look how fast game called "Wildstar" losed population only because had very high tresholds for enter endgame content.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #27
Wurm

I don't get it, they added this FOR EVERYBODY. And still people complain.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #28
wazul

prob is curve xp with overpopulated server Smile
hard this day to find a contested zone for pex.
wazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #29
ZUES

Exactly why I think they should increase KA dungeon XP. Keep everyone in the new content for grinding points, greens and Ascension.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:58 PM   #30
Winddragon

I also feel like they should add some kind of KA contested dungeon for xp as well, not to mention most expansions so far have had some kind of a contested dungeon.

In my experience at least contested dungeons give the best xp of any of them.