EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #61
Yajirushi62

Is there any way for you to unlock the Shadow of Luclin zone so people who did the sig line already can test it without running the entire line again?
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #62
Kraeref

nothing in yet to test. I am trying to kill two shissars left from yesterday. I managed to kill one mezzing him the entire fight to get my merc time to heal me, himself and my pet. The last one I keep dieyng to. He inflicts 150k slashing damage. It hurts Smile merc cannot keep up with healing. As long as my pet lives I mezz and stun and my pet fights. As soon as my pet dies I am as good as a corpse Smile

And for my further embarrasment I by just mezzing am doing over 1 mil encounter dps and still cannot manage to kill him quick enough to survive! /red faced
Kraeref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #63
Lenolian

Just finished the temple (100 Dirge, with gemmed potent/dreadlord and perrin as heal), that zone feels unfinished espacially after castle high hold instance. The named do nothing, they stand and die, the trash hardly get a hit.

Zov Dabo Dyn'Thall did a couple auto attack for avg 55k, no cast, no special. Disapointing.

Dabo, he just hits even less, avg 52k.

Now the shissar invaders, hopefully their tooltips says that have been weakened by the transportation... They hit for avg 140k auto and quite fast. I have kitted them, zero difficulty as a dirge (avg fight took 1min30), but for a class less equipped with root/snare, range dps it could be a nightmare.

The whole zone is just a tank and spank, only the trash casts spells, no strategy involved at all. its quite a disappointment to ends a nice quest series like that.
Lenolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #64
Klayari

After the patch today the Shissars are lvl 105 epic x 4's.

My Necro manged to kill the first three with my wifes Mystic healing.
We're both wearing gear from the beta buffer and maybe some beta quested gear.

The center one was hitting for an average of 28k for a total of 5.4 mil damge.
The ones on the side were hitting for around 40k average and a total damage of about 10mil.
They had about 340 mil HP.
Fights lasted about 7 min.
Wouldn't really call these solo-able though.

The second group of 3 were the same lvl and you only got the portal attack hotkey.
Tried the center mob twice, average hits 120k and 290k, max hits 800k and 1.2mil.
First try I lasted 1min 20 secs. Second one 11 secs.

Not exactly what comes to mind when I think of a solo-able fight.

I realize that we are both undergeared since are toons on live are fairly low level, but still seems a lil tough for a solo instance.BigGrin
And after leaving and coming back to try it again, talked to the NPC and got the hotbar but not even the portal closer was on it this time.
Klayari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #65
Adegx

Same. 105 epic, No portal closer spell. Entire hotbar empty. As a tank with low dps. I have no prayer of soloing 3 epic x4 with my dps. Even if i could survive the fight indefinately my dps will ensure nothing dies before christmas.
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #66
Fingers

Ouch, 3x 105 Epic x4 - can't touch these! no matter how hard I try (100 Swashbuckler), slashes me for over 1m and poof I'm gone, first three (weakened ones) were bad enough, but second wave (on full health), not a chance.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #67
Luziana

Same here: 3 x lvl 105 epic x4, just one skill to close the portal and no way to defeat the shissar.
Luziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #68
Eliziana

Same here. Closed the portal with the Portal Collapse skill but unsure as to how to defeat 4 epic x4 Shissars to update my quest. Even my merc has given up after the 5th spanking.

How on earth have people completed this questline??
Eliziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #69
Yajirushi62

Yes, if you all bothered to read back in this forum a page or so, you would have seen Kaitheel mention that they're working on the hotbar abilities to help people kill the shissar, and those are not patched in yet.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #70
Kalika

This is not the full story, it started completely broken, captain son was staying in a bubble and nothing happened.

Then it got fixed, but we had to kill 6 fake heroic doing low damage, but still many classes failed to do it, even if it was easy with a necro due to self heals, and afkable for tank/healers ... there having a better healer than Stamper made really the difference for classes with no self heals.

Quest message still mentionned "abilities" (and not ability), and so they buffed the shissar from heroic to epic but forgot the abilities ;-)
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:29 PM   #71
Adegx

the epics themselves dont hit that hard. For me they only hit for around 45k....Thier ripost however is hitting 600k. Kander Please make sure they cant rippost or all the spells in the world wont do any good.
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:56 AM   #72
Tabri

Killed the first 3 epics and the named that spawned, got a hotbar come up with about 4-5 slots on it, only one slot was filled with the portal thingy, 3 more epics spawned my mage pet was actually able to tank one at a time they dont seem to hit hard but their HP is enormous. I didnt feel like attempting to even kill these and left the zone.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #73
Naneeje

To address the "how can I defeat 3" because they are not yet at the update point everyone else is stuck at.

Stand in the proper shiny tunnel that gives you the message "You are now protected by Shissar Magic@!" ( Close to that).

I myself am stuck as well because after that. The quest updates, you get the level 104 Yellow con portal. I use my ability on my hot bar, my ONE ability that closes the portal on that mob, while standing in the proper shiny tunnel so the other adds are not destroying me.

After that, you must defeat the Epic x4 mobs, which I am just ASSUMING??? that there was supposed to be another ability on the hot bar to defeat the Epics.
Most of us are stuck on this point. Meaning we can not finish the sig line without it for testing. Thanks!

Edit: for those that have completed it, the zone first started with everything you needed to finish, it became unfinishable afte the last update.
Naneeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #74
Clash

I tried the end part several times last night with a 100 SK and 100 Inquisitor. Both are beta buffed to 100 from 95. I updated my hotbars with the higher level spells from my spell book. I have full sets of gear from the beta buffer, which appears to be a few points better than the solo line quested gear. I can't even put a dent in those things. I don't know when the new hotbar is supposed appear, but I never got one. I tried going into a lit column to get the protection, but those rings keep moving. I tried staying in one ring. I also tried chasing the lit rings around. Eventually I was told something like my body can't handle the magic anymore, and then none of the rings had the lighted ring around it. After that I was dead in seconds.

I have to agree with some of the comments here about this not feeling like a soloable instance. This is harder than the battle in the circular tower room in Highhold, and that took me over a dozen times to get worked out, with two deaths during the winning fight.
Clash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #75
Griffon Lady

So did they add the rest of the skills yet? Hubby and I were slamming the epics as hard as we could and the HP was still at 100%
-.- I did manage to finish the quest line the way it was before with another toon, barely.
A bit close to release to go and add whole new mechanics, isn't it? And leaving it broken over the weekend made me mad enough to spit. Have to be able to progress to test beta.
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:34 AM   #76
Kaitheel

Developer

If you didn't see it called out in the update notes, then the answer is no. As I stated on Friday 10/31 at 6 pm:

Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #77
zelusx

Since Sony is slow to push out the patches and we had spent significant time in testing, it should be fair for us to receive our mounts. We should all petition for our rewards. Smile
zelusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #78
Clash

I'm starting to feel the same way. I invested a significant amount of time in this. If it isn't fixed, it looks like I'll be losing out right at the end.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #79
zelusx

Hi All,

Seem like the issue is fixed got the spell populated. Enjoy testing
zelusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #80
SgtPmpkn

While I agree with testing isn't always fun and we put in alot of time, fixes are pushed very quickly... patches are pretty much daily and on weekends... plus seems the issue is getting resolved with several days left in beta, no need to get the pitchforks yet.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #81
Clash

Please let us know if you were successful.
Also, are you using a custom UI?
Old 11-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #82
Hakuna

I went in this morning and was very happy to see that the abilities are indeed put in. That is the good news, the bad news, the epic x4's are still hitting me for 500k each and even with the abilities (1 is a 5 sec, 100% damage reduction buff (30 sec recast so basically worthless) and another buff that heals you for 3% every 4.2 seconds, there are 3 damage spells, a 3%, 12% and 1%)

The heal buff doesn't really help when the epic's are hitting me for 50% of my max health every 2-3 seconds (I'm a semi raid geared Zerker with about 900k health and they are hitting me for 450-500k each). The epic's have so much health that the damage abilities barely put a dent in them before I'm dead. Once or twice I managed to stay alive for 10-15 seconds but the epic health was still far into the green. I have a healer merc, but he can't come close to keeping up.

I'm hoping this is not how this encounter is supposed to work. If it is, then casters have no hope in finishing this quest unless they can find a healer that can do like 1.5m hps!

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. Been on this quest for over a week and would like to finish the quest series before it goes live next week...
Hakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #83
SgtPmpkn

Will try the quest again later today ,and report my findings.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #84
Klayari

Same setup as my prior post.
Got the abilities on a hotbar, managed to last 31 seconds on my best attempt.
Hakuna's descriptions of the fight are very similar to my experiences. 500k hits, new abilities pretty much useless.

Doubt I could have taken these guys with God healing me. Roll Eyes
Klayari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #85
Aniwiel

Since I've done all the timeline from bug quests to bug quests, I didn't get any new items. The mob nearly OS my Chanty with 750 k disease hits. I can't heal myself (or with my templar) fast enough between hits. I'm in mystical gear with 70 k nox atm (no beta gear). I don't have the time to redo all the timeline to check if I can handle this mob with 100 k resist.
Before the patch, I can't kill it but at least I can manage to stay alive for 10 minutes before leaving the fight (too boring)...
One fix, one nerf... I hope the content will be fix on the 11th for paying members.
Aniwiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #86
Kurisutaru

Completely agree with you and on the same boat as you are. I'm a paladin with just over 1 mil hp (semi raid geared). Just tried my hand AGAIN at the last part and remained unable to complete it. This is NOT a solo or even duo encounter as it is.. Oops

1st the abilities are still not showing on the bar. Now, only on my Knowledge book. Unable to drag them to the bar.
2nd the heal and shield spells are not useful at all.
3rd the abilities don't work until the epics are right on top of you.

So my suggestions... if you intend for this epic mobs to hit as hard as they currently are. Make Shielding Scales last longer and/or reduce the recast time, Scaled Rejuvenation needs to heal for more and/or tick faster, and last but not least you might want to add a buff that increases Health pool by A LOT.
Kurisutaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #87
Kaitheel

Developer

Great feedback! I've made the following change to help resolve issues with the signature quest line:
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - Shielding Scales, one of the Shissar Codex buffs is much more helpful!
To give you an idea as to our expectations, I tested it on a wizard, with their solo AA set, wearing AoM overland armor, and using only the Shissar Codex abilities.

I don't know when this change will make it to the Beta servers, but it should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #88
Tabri

Saw there was an update for this so I was like yay I can get past this part I have been stuck on for two days so went into the zone before checking forums(huge mistake lol).

Before this patch these epics were not hitting that hard even my mage pet could tank them now I walked up to the thing and it one shot me, my pet, and my merc in half a second even after casting that 100%damage reduction thing.

so I left.

Note: Why is the close portal ability in our spell book instead of on the hotbar like the others? That is confusing I only knew it was there due to a guild mage later telling me about it.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #89
Anastaise

you should buy a zone resetting tool from the beta buffer npc...
Anastaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #90
Kaitheel

Developer

Nope. My continued testing showed that it wasn't enough. Ugh. Making more changes.

~ Kaitheel