EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #31
Gharyn

Bilgewater Falls:
Barnacle Bill - 7.7 billion hps, couldn't kill him (wasn't in a very good group but would have been VERY challenging with a good one) I invised in to look around using the new Scout Weakness spell, Next name, Navigator Derek also had 7.7 billion hps. In fact, his stats were a carbon copy of Barnacle Bills. Heck, the epic x2 sharks in the water only have 4.4 billion. To contrast that, the third name, Lady Bipsy only had 91 million hps.

Hoist the Yellow Jack:
Now that the fix is in the first name, Salty Tom is doable. He had about 750 million hps before the pull which seems to be on par with a couple of the castle zones I've been in. When we pulled him his hps doubled to 1.4 billion and all his adds had the same. Not sure if that is intended but it made the fight much more challenging. Second name, Triage Medic was easy now that his adds are fixed. If you step into the water on either side of the zipline you will fall through to the Bilgewater Falls section which is empty except for a couple of x2 sharks and one lone fisherman mob.
Gharyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #32
ElectricPotato

Achievement still not in. Was interesting last fight. Add while in water hp too low, is one shottish. Can't see target on giant water goat captain. Stack dets don't seem to show right in the raid/group window, but then again they never have.

Group was Sugarapsax, uberscrubs, daeowyn, xorclopsx, healmo, doublezx

Hoist Jack^
ElectricPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:30 AM   #33
Doublez

Here is proof of the kill ElectricPotato posted about above, hope the link works for the image

Edit: didn't work, here's the link
http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/amills35/media/krasnok_zps2c5e832d.png.html
Doublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #34
Anghammarad

Woot? 977k HPS? My ACT only showed around 500k ...

Not bad for an Inqui in potent gear =P

But yes... the healing was intense... I couldn't cure the curse the tank received... need to try it a second time if possible, perhaps it's due to my german UI Settings.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #35
Arieva

Captain Bilgewater: Couldn't figure it out. Rest of zone pretty straightforward. Adds spawn and we get flattened. Even before then though we're getting hit...hard. Are we missing something perhaps?
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #36
ElectricPotato

Its gonna be hard to get my beta friends back on together until we see patch notes for the achievement for Immortal cap'n krasnok is fixed.
ElectricPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #37
Darkon

There didn't seem to be any damage on the final fight.

The cannons.. there is no way to know where to place them. Perhaps ghostly outlines of WHERE cannons can possibly be placed?

Just burned the named the entire fight. Brute forced it I guess.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #38
Darkon

We killed it just now, got achievement.
-> Victory: Captain Krasnok the Immortal

Killed every encounter in ~30s other than the final named which was like 2 minutes due to running around having fun with cannons. Lol.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #39
Buffrat

Yeah. None of the dets on the Captain Krasnok fight actually did any damage.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:48 AM   #40
Ucala

they did when I ran it.

just killed boss in Hoist again with the full script running.
group was illy, dirge, warden, channeler, zerker, necro
one thing I would suggest. once the cannons are in place, remove the option to "move the cannons" having to right click and select "load cannon" and "fire cannon" was annoying

Also it seems impossible to kill the cannon guy before he fires atleast once. cause it seems to take some time between firing our cannon at him, until he actually gets hit
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 AM   #41
Ucala

Brokenskull Pirate Waterfall zone....
all the doors are closed, which leaved 2 names closed off from the group (was able to still get them thanks to zerker AoEs)
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #42
Gninja

Developer

Yeah its a known issue. Art changed in the zone so it broke some stuff. It should be resolved next art build.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:08 AM   #43
Anastaise

So - working on Krasnok the Immortal in Hoist the Yellow Jack. Swarthy Slice is doing insane amounts of damage. I am in full 2 gem mystical gear and 102k resists (zone buffed) 7607 mitigation w/ 666k hp at level 100. I was doing over 400k hps and the problem is when anyone ran off to do cannons they run out of heal range and are quickly annihilated. The cannon positions are way too far apart and the incoming damage is massive. I was getting hit for 638K damage per tick of this ae which is near full health. Most of the group was taking over 600k damage per tick except for the tank since we don't have near the physical mitigation.
Anastaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #44
Gnomad_Madgon

Brokenskull Bay : Hoist the Yellow Jack [Heroic]

We ran this zone last night, we did need a second healer for Krasnok the Immortal. Another thing that helped us get through this is master crafted cloth, and chain armor. Mitigation on master crafted and quest armor is close to double mystical ToV cloth armor. As the enchanter I was at 9100 mitigation and 1.3 million HP(I made the max HP set for survivability since there is no DPS check on this fight). Plate mitigation from ToV gear is greater then the master crafted. Quest gear will also work I think it has slightly more mitigation then the master crafted if I recall. Swarthy Slice was hitting for an average of 295k at 9100 physical mitigation. crushing damage from the adds an average of 200k.

I LOVED this encounter, very fun fight!
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #45
Anastaise

I'm sorry, but there is no way you should have to replace end-game raid gear with mastercrafted gear to survive heroic zones. We should be able to go straight into the lower level raid zones with our current equipment. These exaggerated physical ae's probably don't account for the change in the priest group buffs losing 3800 physical mitigation. I still don't understand why they couldn't have just kept the physical mitigation and allowed priests to benefit from their own buff. Is it that hard to make sure the buffs don't stack with other priests? Adding a small percentage of HP instead of mitigation isn't going to help us at all if the new content (even low/mid-level heroics) are going to wreck us with the physical ae's.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #46
Gnomad_Madgon

Brokenskull Bay : Hoist the Yellow Jack [Heroic]

Many heroic zones do not require you to replace your old armor as they are currently balanced in beta right now. Hoist the yellow Jack is the harder of the two Brokenskull Bay zones. And only the last two names in zone will check you hard against your physical mitigation.

It will be mostly mages who need to replace armor due to the change in how mitigation works due to how little physical mitigation was on the old gear vs. new. For example mitigation on mystical cloth helm 336, on a master crafted/quested cloth helm 544. Plate will not have to change out for heroics, and it will be easier for scouts and leather classes to skip ahead with strong healers. Changing out some of your gear is a small price to pay to have a more reliable system in place regarding mitigation. From what I can tell the gap between cloth and plate is too wide for this system to work well.
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #47
Anastaise

The 2nd to last name was doable even though the damage was a lot - mages helping with the cures helped. Also, why is the group window bugged and not displaying how many detriments are stacked on the player. But the final name was crazy with how hard the physical ae was hitting. Also the cannons are so far apart there is no way to keep everyone in heal range and they go splat as soon as they run off to position and fire a cannon. The bard and assassin were getting trucked as well - cloth, leather and chain were getting trucked - not just the mages.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #48
Anghammarad

Just took a look at my ACT file from that fight due to the little "flamewar" that gets started in the Priests Inqui - devine Waters thread.

My ACT only shows the exact half of yours... would be important to know what the ACT from the others said.

I Just can provide other parses from my ranger, that wasn't with you but parses really high...

I use the english plugin for that fight. The german one wouldn't show anything =P
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:12 PM   #49
GIndotto

Hoist the Yellow Jacket - Rain of Coins and some other AE on the Walk the Plank mob (second to last?) seemed too much for a solo heal scenario. Two healers fine but not sure where you intend it to sit. Our group was 800k health (mystical or better, didn't check that really) and we had 102k resist zone buff, (tank I had no concerns with) and it was extreme. Not sure if they were hitting all at once sometimes, but I suspect that was the case. Individually their values sat around 650k a tick and 450k a tick iirc. Also I was getting put onto the plank and heals would drop off quickly, suggest removing Priest from that scenario. I guess that circle walkway is roughly 20 meters but designing an encounter around max range on heals was strange, also the Rigger mob was not dying for us he kept popping back up to 100%. It's possible all of these things have counters that we were ignoring but I think this fight can be streamlined and a lot of fun without making it too easy (I like the current challenge solo healing if they removed Priest from the plank scenario, and 2 healers would still be a challenge if not geared). We also experienced the Walk the Plank script or we you call it calling out people too often. One person wouldn't have failed their condition before another would be up there stacked in the same spot. Was strange.

If the whole zone is intended to be dual healed the damage on this fight (second to last, #4?) was perfect, and the damage on all previous fights #1 - #3 should be tuned up a good 30-40%. I solo healed the rest and it seemed out of line with #4, and from what I'm seeing #5 as well. If you intend 1 healer, I am 22 mystical and #4 tripped me up w/ an 800k group and I assume #5 would have as well from some ACT parses I see in this thread.

I did some in game feedback last night but this is just in case Devs read this more than others. Look for my feedback on the zone for specifics.

Also the Pirate Booty Chest with the healer cures, MORE OF THAT PLEASE! Not the chest so much as the cures!
GIndotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:05 AM   #50
Rhvaurek

Did Bilgewater Falls Today, The entire zone was going swimmingly until we hit the last boss (Captain Bilgewater) who hits waaaaaay too hard, I was tanking (as a guardian) and i had to keep using my stoneskins all the time, otherwise i would have had been two shotted and that is giving it a bit of leeway. I was taking between 1.8 mil to 2.3 mil damage each time. We tryed everything and he would always do that damage every hit unless i stoneskined.

It feels way too difficult for a heroic boss, We tryed about 20 times, the best we got to was 10% that was avoiding every single boat, me getting every stoneskin on time, I died because i got hit with 2 hits instantly which equaled to about 4 mil damage and had no chance to stoneskin, and this is with a very well geared group, the only reason we wiped(everytime) is if me as the tank got hit with two attacks one after another.

This boss fight i feel needs to be looked at unless we were missing something but theres nothing to cure and nothing to dispel (and no we still didnt manage to beat him today)
Rhvaurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:09 AM   #51
Gninja

Developer

Can you PM me your group makeup and your strategy you used during the fight please?
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:46 AM   #52
Rhvaurek

Sent you a conversation (Hope thats right?) Thanks!
Rhvaurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #53
Daalilama

Ran BB: Bildgewater Falls heroic last night with a group (Zerker, Conj, Temp (me) Ranger, Brigand, (Illy/Coercer/Wizard-This changed as we were in the zone for while).

As a solo healer the incurable dets from the names seemed to make me want to punch a kitten, pulse damage like bildgewater burst from Bitterman proved somewhat difficult to heal through at times (almost like my reactives were doing crap for heals). Hits on the group were landing between 300k - 400k per tick...after a number of pulls we managed to kill him. Next named, Cutthroat, whirling daggers was hitting the group again for an average of 300-400k. Same thing with Lady Bispie's pulse damage Dangerous Flirtation. Resists among the group were averaging around 100-110k and most were in overcharged potent if not better, think only 1 member resists were under 100k. Ran out of time before we killed Lady Bespie....end result for a solo heal situation currently was a pita.

Reactives seemed to occasionally not trigger for average hits I'm used to currently on live and after speaking with a number of other clerics on beta there's a general sense or perception that the initial reactive trigger hits fine its the subsequent triggers that seem to fall off on heal amount. Haven't had a chance to dig into my parses to post them.

I'll try and run it again this weekend to get some more info.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote