EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #61
Materfarmer

I restarted the line after a recopy. The line seems a little finicky about the order. I was trying to be efficient and not moving past the tower to do the TS in conjunction. This time I did Aillena's quest straight thru and had no problems. Something gets mixed up if you try to do Clacky's stuff first it seems
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #62
Alienor

SOE Build 11441: I am *still* stuck on this step too. It is not like there are many quests to be done beside the sig line so I am not sure what might have caused my toon to bug out. I am still supposed to "continue to help the Gorir colony" and I am more than willing, but nobody offers any quest.

Please let me know what can be done from my end to finally continue with this quest.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:31 AM   #63
Jrel

Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands quest:. I am stuck at 37 quests and can't get anymore from the pygymy area.

I compared quests with a guildie and I cannot find/start these quests by hailing any of the NPCs on the island, the first village, the second village (Seep and Pickwaddle), Gowlin and Kowli (sp).

These are the three that I cannot get:

But can they open doors
On the cliffs of merenip
Return of the grimlings
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #64
Alienor

SOE Build 11441: Chasing Greymast
Even when deleting the quest you are not able to continue past the point where you are supposed to "continue to help the Gorir colony". The side quests already done for Urrar and the sentry at the entrance auto complete the part "help the colony" and the elder still does not speak with me, nor does any other of the bugs in the colony.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #65
Elquinjena

Shattered Seas:Woken Scales
still no magical path to follow see or find.

since we cant see it where does it suppose to lead to?
Elquinjena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #66
Orinoko356

Hi
Quest Shattered Sea: Enter the Savage Lands
Have done all the quests for the pygmies - after rescuing Starque - handed in quest to Zedj - got the language primer - he said Finze wanted to talk to me - and nothing. None of the pygmies will talk to me - no way of knowing how to progress this quest further. Talked to all pygmies in both villages - including the guards and nothing. How do you proceed?

Thanks
Orinoko356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #67
SgtPmpkn

Correct. I have the same issue since the 1st/2nd day of beta... is this still on the radar or fixing since it was stated to be squashed?
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #68
Elowith

Pygmies are updating now, at least part of the way!
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #69
Orinoko356

Hi Again

Glad to say I logged in this afternoon and sig quest is working! I managed to update with Finze and am now off again. Thanks SoE Smile
Orinoko356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #70
Elinea

My husband's character was still not working, no pygmies will talk to him or give up a quest to start. The signature line for him just says "help the pygmies of South Dshinn" and "help more pygmies of South Dshinn". We ended up deleting the signature quest and will try running broken skull bay again to see if he can pick it back up. If not, he's going to have to recopy his toon and start all over again Frown
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #71
Kaitheel

Developer

I am being informed that this exact issue was resolved this morning!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #72
Borb

sweet! will have to get on tonight an do some more then, that is the same spot i was stuck on last night. Thanks Kaitheel!
Borb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #73
Kaitheel

Developer

It should be leading you to a small island (1153 10 -1178), north of Highpass and west of Grim Shales.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #74
SgtPmpkn

Good morning Kaitheel... any word on a fix for those who are stuck on 'Helping the Gorir urzarach colony' but have completed all their quests and none of the NPCs will advance the quest?
Old 10-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #75
Kaitheel

Developer

It's in the middle of being investigated, right now!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #76
SgtPmpkn

Great news, hope the bug hunt goes well.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:17 AM   #77
Mortare

hum but i cant progress in the Shattered Sea: Enter the Savage Lands quest line. I have free the beast rider, npc told me to talk to Finze but nothing happen when i talk to her.
Mortare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #78
Kalika

I just gave another try with Dargan in temple of doom, apparently there is still no way to interact with him. This probably prevent most peoples to advance past this point in the signature quest.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #79
Borb

Finze is still not talking with me after rescuing Starque
Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #80
Borb

nevermind, i got it. had to zone back to qeynos and then go back to tranqui sea, he then had a quest feather and spoke to me.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #81
Elinea

As of this morning, Aenile still unable to continue the Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands part of the quest line. I really hope this will be fixed soon because once this goes live, he won't be able to just copy his character again to start over like he's having to do now.

From everything I've gathered, he turned in some quests out of order and the quest wouldn't advance (although there was never any way to know what the right order was, and I suggest making some quests unavailable until after the relevant part of signature line is done). So he deleted the whole signature line and we went back into Brokenskull Bay and cleared it again. He doesn't even see Pella in the instance (the person who sent him to the pygmies in the first place, I believe) and now he has no way to even start over without recopying his character and starting from the beginning.

The parts of the quest line that were fixed recently did not help him, because he couldn't get any npc to offer Preparations for the Pygmy Wars, which is before Starque Raving Mad, and the Starque quest is what everyone was focused on fixing.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #82
Elowith

As a follow up, I 'bravely' deleted the Temple of Doom step and re-did it. Portal needs to be un-damageable and/or text needs to be more clear. Less HP on the shissar would be good too.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #83
Pone the Wonderhorse

I've deleted the quest, found Pella on the boat again, hailed and travelled to the village. The pier pygmy tells me to go get tar and dieno bones (the quest I've already done) but no new quests are offered in either of the towns.

I am still stuck.
Pone the Wonderhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:35 AM   #84
Materfarmer

Same as Elowith. Did zone. Got spell. Killed portal w/ spell but no update. Deleted quest and redid but now the spell does not come up.
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #85
Griffon Lady

I'm still stuck on Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands one the 2 character's I've gotten to that point. My husband is also stuck at the same point with the same problem.
My first character.
I didn't find what Zedj needed as fast as the other quests, so I turned in the other quests first, but finished his quest while doing the second batch for the others. When I got back he updated that quest, but would not give me more quests. No other pygmies would talk to me. I deleted the quest, went back to the ship, picked up the quest, but no pygmies would talk to me after finding the boat and turning in the quest at the Pygmy right there on the dock, still no one but Zedj would talk, and still no quests. I tried deleting it, picking it up again, and checking the other pygmies. No change. I examined the boat and talked to the pygmy on the dock, but didn't finish the quest before hailing all the pygmies. No change. Not a single pigmy will talk to me except Zedj, and he just keeps repeating the dialogue from the first quest where he sends me after the dino men.

My second character-
I got to the point where my first toon got stuck and did all Zedj would give me, then did the other quests, resisted handing in the quest to the pygmy on the dock till it was the only thing left... . annnnnnd broken again. No quests, and not even Zedj would talk to me this time. Tried the deleting and re-picking up thing, no changes however I tried it.

My husbands character got stuck after doing the Starque raving mad quest. His character was with my first character, and he did get the second quest from Zedj, which was how I knew I was broken. I then caught up on my second toon so we could carry on, and his toon got stuck right after mine. >.<

Aaaaannnndd still stuck.... annnnnd didn't see anything about Shattered Seas: Enter the Savage Lands in update notes. I don't think my question about whether or not I will have to re-beta copy these toons to get through the questline either. :
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 AM   #86
Kalika

same, may be my auto attack fired while i was using the ability on it ... i don't know.
After reset I see a large portal but cannot even target it.
;- (

Took me like 2 hours to complete the TS questline, that's less than the time i spend in the temple, and i don't even count trying to do the boat when lady adds where 114 or 104 heroics hitting for 1.1 m, the non heroic skelies hitting for 500K in another special instance (i managed to sneak around or kill them with monk tanking with only 140K hps .. which is indeed more than what i get in any heroic but the domination) and/or trying to solve my deinos issues.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:36 AM   #87
Griffon Lady

XD Shhh! If they start thinking the crafting line is too easy, they'll make the recipes take 600 times more progress. Tongue I dunno about you, but adding 10 minutes of crafting time to one recipe on a quest that's only doable once a week... that just seemed "special", you know what I mean? : Really don't want that kind of nonsense in the new expac. Wink
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #88
Harzel

Try looking for Pella on Greymast's ship. I believe that is where she is when she sends you to the pygmies.
Harzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #89
Elinea

Oh man, he already recopied his toon and started the whole thing over again. I wish I had remembered the ship Frown
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #90
Elowith

Temple of Doom - Is working now, but I killed the shissar before I noticed the 'new' spell, Poofed the portal and quest doesn't update. Recleared zone and didn't get back special spell and am now stuck.