EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2014, 03:51 AM   #31
Ucala

Hidden Catche (Heroic)
tbh the zone was interesting.
to start the zone out is broken.
and if we wiped, trash seemed to respawn eventually around the 2nd name area anyway

we did the zone with a monk, illy (me), fury, ranger, and sometimes an inq merc.
I was in endgame raid gear, monk in potent, ranger in engergized/dreadlord. idk what the fury was in.

First name --
fairly simple encounter. I am not sure what the fight was really about, just a burn with some adds coming, seems to work fine.
adds don't despawn once boss is dead.

2nd name --
idk if he should, but the boss goes non aggro a few sec into the fight.

3rd name --
I think it's dumb to ride the raptor to the name, if we have to backtrack to clear trash before fighting the name.

4th name --
once the beastmaster was dead, the beast didn't really do much, he was stacking increments but nothing was really happening that I noticed.

5th name (boss)--
outside of him getting the 60% damage reduction near the last 20%, he didn't do anything. he was probably the easiest in the whole zone
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:42 AM   #32
Loredena

After dying a couple of times to the High Priest I swapped to Lady and changed tactics. instead of staying on him and trying to AOE down his adds, I switched to the adds as each popped, and AOE'd him in between. That worked much more smoothly.

Moved on to Fiery Effigy Failed repeatedly with both Bdorn and Lady. Outside the lava entirely, constant stream of adds and his hps never drop. Rush to his platform and turn him, he did drop, but very very slowly. He killed my merc pretty quickly, but didn't kill me till I ran out of power. I never got him below 65% health though and eventually I just couldn't keep up.

I'm going to grind out the last 5% or so to get to 96, then try him again. I'm assuming the level will matter given that's he currently orange to me.
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #33
Ucala

zone was wrong, it was Lost Caverns Tongue
Old 10-15-2014, 04:55 AM   #34
Ucala

also The Hunt.
I don't know what is wrong with this zone, we pulled a group of the mini non aggro raptors that follow you around, suddenly we were fighting 100 billion.
and when we died we couldn't rev, our rev gave me a black screen where I was alive, but couldn't move or anything, I eventually just had to call out
Old 10-15-2014, 06:20 AM   #35
Gnomad_Madgon

The Hidden Caldera [Advanced Solo]
98 Ranger - no merc - mix of potent/dreadlord /energized. Hit points are on the low side(440k) due to the dreadlord gear but its all I have atm on beta. mitigation 5639

Pterotrainer Yu'lua - Can snare and stun.

[Tue Oct 14 23:44:20 2014] Pterotrainer Yu'lua hits YOU for 88513 slashing damage.
[Tue Oct 14 23:44:21 2014] Pterotrainer Yu'lua's Precise Puncture hits YOU for 114864 piercing damage.
[Tue Oct 14 23:44:21 2014] Pterotrainer Yu'lua hits YOU for 157519 slashing damage.
[Tue Oct 14 23:44:22 2014] Pterotrainer Yu'lua hits YOU for 171889 slashing damage.

High Priest Hamanu'akaloa - Can snare and stun.

[Tue Oct 14 23:57:51 2014] High Priest Hamanu'akaloa hits YOU for 81292 slashing damage.

only hit me once small sample

Fiery Effigy of Clotl'thoa- Can snare and stun.

[Wed Oct 15 00:07:22 2014] Fiery Effigy of Clotl'thoa hits YOU for 247826 crushing damage.
[Wed Oct 15 00:07:26 2014] Fiery Effigy of Clotl'thoa hits YOU for 457441 crushing damage.

Incoming damage is high side, but I think it made it a little more exciting.

Audolf-Crushbone
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #36
Fyreflyte

Developer

Huh, that zone was not supposed to open yesterday =/ It was still missing a balance pass and there was a problem with the revive point (as you discovered). Hopefully the fix for that is in today.
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #37
Fyreflyte

Developer

At level 98, your mitigation is probably lower than intended, so damage will be a bit higher. While we set the min level to 98, these are still intended as level 100 zones Wink I'll keep an eye on it, however. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #38
Fyreflyte

Developer

Have you seen the size of that area? o_O The reason the raptors are in there is so that you don't get lost just looking for the bosses. It's a really... really big zone =)
Old 10-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #39
Fyreflyte

Developer

There's a better visual being added to the spells cast by the adds. They cast in a frontal cone, which can be avoided, this just isn't readily apparent without the proper spell effects, making this encounter harder than it should be. Hopefully it'll be easier to dodge those once the FX go in.

Do you run ACT? If so, can you keep tabs on your dps next time you try him? The key to this fight is balancing time with the boss both in and out of the lava - again, there will be some better visuals on that once the FX are completed.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #40
Loredena

I don't often run it, but I have it installed. I'll make a try at it tonight while I still have the instance with ACT running. That will give the chance to test with different mercs if I keep failing. Since I'm in tank mode, my dps isn't very good, but if the mercs die that's what I need to rely upon. Is the zone aimed at level 95?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #41
Margaritas

I am eternally stuck in The Hunt. Someone did an evac after attacking the spawns and they never went away. When I die, I am stuck in limbo and the only way out is to camp to myself when I revive. Then the adds kill me again.
Margaritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #42
Margaritas

Oh looks like in 'limbo' you can call to guild hall. So I'm out, but wow that was annoying.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #43
Margaritas

Just finished The Lost Caverns [Heroic]. Great job. Loved it! The raptor taxi was the best part. Smile

But there is no door to leave. It doesn't work.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:38 AM   #44
Kalika

Put stamper on follow he will still heal and cure is you stand still, Enemy is slow and when out of lava he loose his power but gradually (as far as i remember) ... so when he get to zero buf move back in lava, beat him till he get 1-2-3-4 buf (here how much you can stand depend on your class/gear for me i left around 3-4 stacks because i used dps gear and had only like 500K hps)

You may even manage to kill it without ever being hurted, move to lava and when he get inside go away and range him ... you will have only a short time to dps but that's 100% safe. If you are imaginative with trajectories it may be a bit better ... goal is to maximize the time dude spend in lava without hitting you.

I did not try to root or snare it, Dev made so many mob immune to CC that i tend to forget to do it ...

If you don;t have good ranged attack the best is to beat him as long as you can stand.

Next time i go there i will examine more closely his buff stack, may be the higher is the buf count the higher is his dps but also the more damage he takes.

ps : don't forget to ask stamper to attack at 15% he loves to verdict bosses.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:51 AM   #45
Sisca

Fiery Effigy of Clotl'thoa [SOLO]

Just attempted this again with ACT running. Not sure what exactly you want to see from ACT but here are the 3 screenshots of each of the participants, Aminn (me), Ratboy (Stamper merc) and the Effigy. If there's something specific you'd like to see let me know and I'll be glad to dig it out.

I can tell you that at the end it appeared that he one shot me but looking over the combat spam it looks like he actually hit me for 186,840 crushing then Unctrollable Heat hit for 190,005 followed by another hit for 192,805 crushing damage. Since I only have 378,521 total HP the math doesn't work out in my favor.

Some of my stats (let me know if you need something else):
Health: 378,521
Elemental: 60,878
Noxious: 58,139
Arcane: 60,657
Mitigation: 11,902
Avoidance 7,851
Block: 14.2%

I'm basically in fully gemmed Cryptic with mostly quest jewelry.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:11 AM   #46
Veysha

Ran the solo with a 97 SK and Perrin. I have Cryptic BP/bracers and Arcane gloves/Legs/boots/helm. A DPS and a Tanking set. I have 500K hp in DPS gear and 850K hp in Tank gear.

I had no issues running DPS gear and in DPS stance on the trash, for Named I swapped to Tank gear and stances.
I did cheat a bit on jewelry - using Aspect of the Dragon gear to keep DPS up while tanking.

1st named was stunned about 90% of the fight. Like the Pally earlier in the thread I could get an AoE out occasionally. I started working on the adds first and then would pop to the named. Eventually I just concentrated on the named and worked on him with Auto attacks. Killed the adds after he was gone.

2nd named the priestess. Worked the adds as before, but she kept healing. I ignored the adds and just beat her down. Adds did almost no damage to me that was noticeable. Killed her much faster by focusing on her instead of the adds.

3rd named. Started kiting but as damage stopped registering I concentrated on the adds thinking killing a certain number would unlock damage on the named. When that failed I dragged back to the lava and fought on the bone alter inside. Perrin died at about 75% of mob health. I notice damage to myself spiking and damage to the mob slowing so I jumped out and kited again until damage stopped out of the lava. Rinse and repeat.

I am a blockhead so I didn't check buffs on the Mob, but it worked out ok.

This instance wasn't too bad - I didn't appreciate the stuns, but I could manage. Difficulty seems like it would be the first instance vs the Bay where we fight the Pirates which I found much more difficult.

One of the Deino's hit me for 1.5 million with a tail swipe which was fun o_O
Veysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 AM   #47
Sisca

Tried this technique and got him down to like 46% but Stamper doesn't really heal himself so he ended up dying with all of the adds casting Lava something that was hitting both of us.

I'm guessing that until we get some better gear than Cryptic available this isn't going to be something a 95 can do. I may try beta buffing to 100 and seeing if just the levels will do it or do I need to have the gear.

ETA: I'm still curious what the important stats are and what our targets are? I'm guessing I'm under geared for this zone. I don't think I'm all that under geared for Brokenskull and I have to agree it was, overall, a much tougher zone than this one.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #48
Fyreflyte

Developer

I'll check that out. The art for it was changed recently, so it might have broken.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:11 AM   #49
Loredena

Caldera (solo) The Effigy fight
ok, so ran again with Serrenial tonight. Two runs to get him down. I started the first fight needing 5% to level. I dinged 96 when he was at about 10% health. I died when he was at about 2% health. Bdorn died relatively early on during the jousting in and out of the lava. I used lay on hands a couple of times; power potion (from claims) once; looks like my death save fired a time or two.

Second fight I was of course 96 instead of 95. Bdorn still died pretty early, I still used lay on hands, I still needed a power potion. This time I won, and was 4% into level when everything was dead. For the 2nd fight I didn't change anything about gear or build, but I used all of the clickies from running the TS dailies in Obol, plus a Fortitude potion. I needed them!

Note that the first fight was 33 minutes and the second was 45 minutes long --- way way way too long for a solo instance 3 named fight! I'm willing to believe I needed to be at least 96 -- but unless the gear that we get questing up to this point turns out be significantly better than heroic out of tov, he needs tuning.

From ACT, the fight I died in. I had EncDPS of 84,207.85 and EncHPS of 19,201.9 with Damage Taken of 41,551,402
[IMG]

The fight I won, my EncDPS was 91,872,87 w/EncHPS of 19,000.92 and Damage Taken of 51,438,821

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 10-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #50
Sisca

Forgot to put the screenshots in so here they are:

Aminn (me):
[IMG]

Ratboy (Stamper):
[IMG]

Effigy:
[IMG]

Again with basically full cryptic I just don't see me getting through this fight but I'm hopeful that with the quest gear we should have by the time we get there it won't be that tough. The rest of the zone seems to be about right and much better balanced that Brokenskull Bay solo is.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #51
Kalika

LOL my paladin won't be patient enough to do that ... you had to kill only 69 adds ;-)
His crush varied from 70K to 180K (probably when buffed) and his fire blast did like 35K without much variantion.
I got only like 12 adds due to better gear and so dps.

You should take Daeron with your heals ans temp you don't need a healer and Daeron will do like 150-200K dps. Moreover he is quite solid and he can self heal (he has a 100% heal similar to lay on hand).

I cannot post hps/dps because fight is splitted in ACT.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #52
Loredena

I wouldn't have done the two runs if Fyreflyght hadn't asked! I might as well have skipped Bdorn, he doesn't heal himself often enough. If it had taken more attempts I would have tried with Firus (who likely would have died early on) and Lady. I didn't start with Lady because she always pulls aggro, but I'm setup for tanking over dps right now. Those are the ones I have unlocked, if I want to try with Daeron I'll need to head back to town. I'm sure with better gear the results will be different, and class likely matters too (I may try with my channeler later) but unless the gear from the questline is a significant upgrade, a good chunk of the solo/duo oriented playerbase will be in similar!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #53
Adegx

The Hidden Caldera [Heroic]

Pterotrainer Yula: Sits on top of 2 non linked trash mobs. Could you move those? I had to body pull him. Other than that Rearguard was owning people Sometimes even people in FRONT of him. Mostly easy though.

High Priest: Tried killing him adds/named ect. Adds came faster and faster and the uncureable piercing effect kept stacking. Also it has no description on inspect. Went with straight burn with much more lethal results. Not sure this was the intended design but it works much better than trying to kill the adds.

3 Brothers?: Didnt catch thier names. Hp wise they seem pretty darn healthy. We ended up leaving the healer at the bottom and pull the warrior all the way to the top ramp. The other one eventually just stopped walking and RAN to join the fun. We beat on them for a while. Till eventually the warrior triggered the curse effect and hit tank for 10 million damage. Its not clear what the trigger for that is exactly, as we fought the 2 together for quite some time before it decided to wipe the tank. Random % proc? That could be streaky bad.

Was setting up for another pull on them, then the zone CRASHED and reset fully when we logged back in.

Look into instance not saving!
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #54
Veta

Zavith'Loa: The Hidden Cald'era Advanced Solo

Most BiS Conj pieces, everything usually died before it could move. My only question is about hit points loss over time. Is this intended? Before I zoned in I was at 648k Hp, by the time I was finished I was down to 300k. I explored the zone a little and my hp is exactly 1 as I am posting this. I am not sure if it is a bug because my pets hp and my mercs hp are just fine. Evacing did not fix the issue but zoning out and back in fixed the problem, but once back in my hp began to slowly drop again.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #55
Veta

The Lost Caverns Advanced Solo

Same as the first advanced solo I completed, there was an issue with deminishing hit points over time. I think the issue might be with the beta bolster buff that is applied upon zone in. This is because I did not gain any increased defensive stats and Hit points are a latge part of the issue.nI had to leave the zone a 2-3 times to reset my stats before complrting the final encounter.

As far as the zone goes, this one was a lot more interesting and more zone to cover. I killed 3 named total (the first named definitely threw me off with the call for help, killing me after it died) and I believe that was all of them? I kept running by and missing the encounter set at the end and making it over to the western division to find nothing but scattered mob sets. The door that the raptors take you to I would think is supposed to be the exit? This is because the command for the raptors is to ride tothe entrance. Once there the door was not working.
Veta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #56
Buffrat

Zavith'Loa: Hidden Caldera [Heroic]

Got called in to help a group with the last named. Unsurprisingly, it turned out to be YET ANOTHER BRAWLER MOB. If you are going to keep adding brawler mobs into the game, I REALLY hope that new scout gear has enough stats to give us 100% accuracy/strikethrough.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #57
Ansom

Zone: Zavith'loa: The lost Cave, adv solo

One "A Tamed stegoplatodon" has just one shot me and my grp mate, necro. With out any trace on act.

And.. the hp is a little strange... after revive was 1/1 hp, 1min ago 317k, 30s ago 250k, now 215k.. 164k.. strange! We lose 50k hp every 30s.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #58
Jaelissa

Still no exit for The Lost Caverns [Heroic]. great zone though. some of those non agro raptors will still agro suddenly though.
Jaelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #59
Fyreflyte

Developer

There are no brawlers in these zones.
I believe you are expressing concern at the 360° parries? An incorrect stat was added to a number of the heroic bosses that was causing this. Defensive stats across the board have been lowered a little, to be more inline with the stats we expect you to gain while gearing up. These changes should be on Beta in the next day or two.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #60
Adegx

Zavith'Loa: Hidden Caldera [Heroic]

Anyone got a good strat for dealing with the 3 council members?

Tried pulling the warrior away and burning him. It seems too slow, lava brother eventually shows up and pwns tank
Warrior also gets buff that makes him hit harder.
The auggy heal range is able to hit pretty much anything on that platform. So found pulling them up to be the only option. Pathing wise they do not like to stay on the bridges.
Mez seems like a possibilty but i dont feel like it should be required.

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote