EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2014, 02:19 AM   #31
Kalika

so adds have been fixed ?
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #32
Jrel

I also can't find the very important item. I did find a chest and keg melded together at -27.6, 120.69, -277.09 in the forge room.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #33
Shadowscale

not yet.
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #34
Keedahm

How do you reach the top of the city? I'm at the top of the fall and I can't see any way to reach it....
Keedahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #35
Shadowscale

probably have to kill the named no one can kill yet due to the heroic adds that hit like trucks
Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #36
Taiyla

Okay so this zone being for level 95 is fine up until Lady Bipsie. I've got T2 raid gear and she's still one shotting me with Perrin as my merc. I can't find the very important item either so like others have reported I'm stuck. Hope a fix goes in soon so we can continue.
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #37
Jrel

Same problem here. I found the highest bridge, but there appears to be no way to get to about 3 stories up to where the topmost mobs are.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #38
Anghammarad

The Adds are fixed now... for my timer that is. They are now Level 99 non heroic.

I'm already 2 bosses further on... The one that summons a ghostship... thats a toughy.

Areally pretty pretty please... add more respawn points... after dying moving back up where you died is taking way too long.
Anghammarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #39
Laita

Broken skull bounces for Lady Bipsie still autoattacking for 40k+ in rapid succession.. fine for tanks and healers who can absorb and heal through.. kinda suck for mages who have a merc healer who doesn't heal.. is there any plans on make mercs more reliable?!
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #40
Mortare

raid geared swash using templar merc here, getting ***** by Lady Bipsie. Healer merc really need to be change to heal better.
Mortare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #41
Kalika

Completed the zone with dragon monk mercenary died quite a bit, switched to self rez to avoid too much walking.

Issues :

Lady : Not much, killed her on first try, from her spell name my guess was that i needed to rish at her. I did moderate healing.

Swash with rotating blades : Tried to joust or jump on something, they do heavy damage ... got KB .. tried to jump on the forge .. ended up KB again ... at the end i just killed the blades. Very heavy healing, granted that monk cannot hold agro.

Captain : wanted to joust his special thinky (big curse etc ...) got KB in pool, self rezzed could not climb back ... evac ...
tried to pull him in the forge room got even worst since i got KB on my way,,, Third try i tanked and spanked and killed adds tll he got low. Used my complete heal, he sometimes did 180K hits.

This as 95 warden in potent 4/3 or stamina less blue dps gear (a sort of mix).

Many pure dps classes in mystical ++ gear reported being unable to kill even lady (that i found easy).

Something looks wrong since Solo should be easy and Asolo a bit harder ... Obviously nobody did any alpha testing on that.

Note that my mercenary was almost useless, he never hold agro ... except when i was dead then he survived quite a bunch.
Healer mercenary need to heal better (stamper throw 16K heal on my necro she self heal for 200k) and tank need to tank.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #42
Laita

Alright cleared the zone... the adds the names spawn need to be tuned down a bit, they're auto attacking for 40k + dmg (as a mage).. this is for Lady Blipsie's bouncers and for the skeletons the captain spawns.

Additionally, the captain never dropped the key for the chest which is what people in general chat says is supposed to happen to update the sig quest.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #43
Laita

Zone is cake for tanks/healers.. quite a bit more of a pain for mages/scouts who have to rely on weak merc healers.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #44
Kalika

Too bad key open a chest in the forge room, chest port you in the treasure room where you find the item.
Consequently i think that you can use an empty zone to update your quest as long as the port is a group port.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #45
Jrel

Yeah, Lady Bispie in regular solo mode is a pain for my raid-geared ranger doing 2.5 mill dps. I've been able to dish out 29.9 mill damage to her, but can't quite kill her yet. Maybe I need to be higher than 95 for her. A shame since I can't get any more quests beyond 28 from Refuge and Dread Weave, and I'm 28% away from 96.

There needs to be a revive point nearer to her. Even though the closest is at the dock, the run to her is quite long.

Added: Okay, 3.1 mill dps in 10 seconds seemed to do the trick to killing her to avoid getting owned with my 8k HPS healing merc. The adds still lasted after she died.

Oh... where are the shinies?
Old 10-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #46
Garavic

I have to agree with what others have said. Even with the adds "fixed" the damage output is just way to high. 95 Swash in Energized and 4/3 potent using Perrin as my Merc and I do not stand a chance and this is the regular Solo instance.

I can get the first adds down if she ports far enough away, but then the next set are on me immediately. If she doesn't port far enough away I'm toast because I get her and 4 adds. Regardless of the scenario Perrin never survives even if I back him off and just make him heal.

Mercs never really being retuned after the last expac is probably a separate conversation, but it is certainly compounding the issue here.
Garavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #47
Jrel

Duncan is owning me. Fight is inconsistent. Sometimes he goes immune and no bladestorms appear, so the chillout time is fine. The storms are doing 28k and Lycan Krivox merc is healing when it feels like it. Between 400 to 10k. Are the bladestorms supposed to have 24+ million health each? Considering Bispie had 31 million health... one bladestorm is a mini-name, and then there's Duncan.

This solo zone fight seems tough to my ranger plus merc. Target lock by Duncan makes me unable to hit the bladestorm so I can't even kill it sometimes. On average. I've only been able to dish out 12 mill max health on Duncan and 36 mill to the bladestorms before going down.

Did 55 million damage on my last fight. yeahhh I'm done for now. Guess I'll try to PL myself uhh somewhere.

Shouldn't these names be level 96 anyway as part of the progression? It seems silly for them to be 99 when I'm not even at 96 from normal overland progression experience.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #48
Ucala

he summons adds if you run into him while he is doing that.
the fight is pretty consistent Tongue
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #49
Jrel

Incorrect. He summons or does not summon the bladestorms after I knock him down at ranged, and then haul *** to the waterfalls to kite him. Tongue

Added: Got him finally. 17.8 million health. Adds were 21+ million health each. Seems a bit excessive for the regular solo zone.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #50
Buggabug

96 inquisitor potent, adorned, gemmed... skill..well err lacking a bit for sure. Can solo heal all but Dom in ToV. Can't handle Bipsie got her close a couple of times but the adds are just too much, I spend so much time trying to keep my health up I can't get enough damage going. My husband on his SK however sailed through and then laughed about it. Don't let him get away with that please.
Buggabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #51
Gninja

Developer

When fighting Bipsie are you running to her when she moves? or Staying ranged? Are you killing the adds as they spawn or leaving them all up? I will take a look and make sure some weird buff isn't getting put on those adds which is entirely possible.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:35 AM   #52
Laita

Gninja,

The adds come extremely quick, within about 10s there's atleast 6-8 beating on me, so it hasn't really been feasible to burn them down, mez them or whatnot, because they spawn so quickly. I could try a slow burn to see if the adds spawn is triggered by Bipsie's health level, but my merc just doesn't like healing so the few times I was successful in killing her I had to spec undeath and try to pump out as much damage as possible and hope it's enough before I die twice Smile Now when Bipsie ports, I run to get in range of her and keep burning her down, (I'm an Illy), but this is usually when all the adds kill me. What I find most annoying about the port is that the Merc seems to up and port too, leaving a period where I'm the sole attention of all the adds with no heals or tank (depending on if I'm using merc healer or pally), and this is usually when I die.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:11 AM   #53
Jrel

"3.1 mill dps in 10 seconds seemed to do the trick to killing her to avoid getting owned with my 8k HPS healing merc. The adds still lasted after she died." I was lucky to get that much dps out after 6+ attempts. Normally, I'm doing 2.5 to 2.8 average w/o having to treat it as an extremely hard name.

This is ranged dps from me at the start until the adds pop and she ports to me. I cannot kill her fast enough in melee range. There is not enough time to kill the adds (do they have an excessive amount of 8-12 million health like the other name encounters?). She and her adds do over 78K damage because I have 701K health with a raid (health) neck on. The name and adds are dealing too much damage for average players that have 400 to 500k health. An average non-healing player with a merc should not have to burst as much damage in 10 seconds as I did in order to beat her dps output.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:12 AM   #54
Laita

Yeah slow burn doesn't work either... makes adds much more manageable, but again merc healer just doesn't know how to heal and it died during the 2nd round of adds.. the constant DoT Dangerous Flirtation pretty much destroys the mercenary healer (was using Krivok). With that being said.. I can see how the slow burn is more beneficial, auto attack the name down, kill the adds, rinse repeat.. unfortunately if using a merc healer, prolonging the fight is fail since the merc will be dead by the time the 4th tick of the dot hits.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #55
Uncle

When fighting Bipsie are you running to her when she moves? or Staying ranged? Are you killing the adds as they spawn or leaving them all up? I will take a look and make sure some weird buff isn't getting put on those adds which is entirely possible

I finally killed it after like 15 pulls I had to do the following
readorn to get 71k resists go def aa set up to include death save and regen ward in dragon tab and use def stance to get 13000 mit
used a Pali merc

I got lucky on ports in order to be able to kill this mob cause if I had to run to her the tick even with the stats above I took 48 to 51k Tick from her Dangerous flirtation on top of the adds hitting me for 18-30k a pop.

I recommend hit points on the adds come down a tad so they either die a lil faster or lower the damage of the dot and or the auto attack damage of the adds.

also on smooth talking Duncan and Captain Berlon Bilewater the add stay up after the named has died.

Unclebrig
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #56
Laita

Lady Bipsie fight at lvl 95 is just dumb if not a tank/healer. Yeah, we could always duo it with a tank/healer, but it's a SOLO zone. 10 seconds into the fight I have atleast 8 bouncers on me, each hitting for 40k plus, not to mention the name hitting for 80kish.. even being in decent ToV raid gear I've only burned it down once out of like 15 pulls, can't imagine non-tank/healers doing this with simply heroic or less ToV gear.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #57
Krath

From the perspective of an Illy wearing Potent/Energized.

- Very well done zone from layout/art perspective.
- Trash seems to be okay, can kill them but challenging enough you can't pull 3-4.
- Bipsie is a bit too tough. I am stuck on the Sig line right now because I'm going to need some help with her. I even tossed on a few +HP potent items with little change.
Krath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #58
Jrel

Last named (solo zone) is tough. I don't even get close to killing him single or aoe-wise. I've done 39 mill to him at most, but 8-10 adds up with 10 mill health each (?), spawning 1 second after each other, and doing 10k each, were whittling me down. He was doing 78k.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #59
Jrel

So, in the pure solo zone, looking at all the health of the names, adds, and their dps, I'm surprised they're so high. Consideration was not taken for the average dps player doing 1-2 mill (and I'm being generous) in the current TOV zones, UNLESS you expect the players to be of higher level doing this zone, and doing the solo zone with a real healer.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #60
Shadowscale

where is the treasure update in the zone? if its after captain i couldent get to the corpse before it poofed becaus entire swarm of adds stayed up and killed me anytime i got close.