EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 12:48 AM   #31
Yajirushi62

Solo
Zone seems to be tuned fine to me (assassin in 3/3potent and best-in-slot heroic jewelery).

Advanced Solo
Praetor Pheris - Needs to have a buffer to ensure it doesnt port over and start a second bone wall before the first bone wall does its damage, maybe a 50-75% damage reduction while casting bone wall?
Elder Senistus Verish - Seems reasonably setup, maybe boost the damage about 20%
Ursher K'dal - Name has 4x the health of the adds, and a self rez on death, so maybe cut his health to 1/2 its current value? Other than that it seems reasonably tuned.
Priestess Kelania D'zil - Didn't see a strat on this name, and needs its damage buffed by 20-25% or a little more.
Valdimus V'Derun - I again didn't see a real strat on this name, and needs its damage boosted by 100% if you aren't adding a big strat to it.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #32
Yajirushi62

If Praetor Pheris ports before his bone wall explodes, it damages you regardless of positioning, so if you overburn you're screwed.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #33
Cleaner

{Advanced Solo} Beta Buffed Mage with merc gets pawned by named. again Full dmg prevention aa's with archon. Even tried out some of the new tradeskilled gear and adorns in hopes it had some sort hidden death prevention LOL. anyways i am hoping that other classes besides tanks and healers will be able to do the content or ill be spamming for a refund, and try one of those new FTP games. I like Challenge but this is more Frustration and Monitor bashing than a challenge.
Cleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:28 AM   #34
Yajirushi62

Whats your gear like Cleaner? I stomped the zone on an assassin in old gear.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #35
Cleaner

2 sets of gear DL and Potent/ Fabled with a few pieces of raid Accessories. I still think people are confusing the Solo version with the Advanced solo there is a Huge difference between the 2 types of solo zones.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #36
Yajirushi62

Well, I did stomp both zones on my assassin, the only times I had trouble were when I overburned the first name and when I didn't interrupt Bone Spear on Ursher.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #37
Wigin

Developer

What was killing you?
Wigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #38
Cleaner

not sure but i shouldn't have to have death prevents on a mage in any solo zone, dps alone is more than an archon merc can heal. i was able to complete the zone with multiple deaths finally able to keep him stuned enough the merc could get 2 heals off between 200-300k hits. mind you my wizard only has 550k hp's so one missed heal and boom your dead. Regardless the zones should be scaled to difficulty of the most squishy toon wearing the lvl 96 questline gear as that is what you should be wearing into this expansion, or at a min the crafted gear. Now on the warlock i have higher hp's (850k) and a tank spec and still getting smoked in most of the advanced solo zones and he has raid gear on. i think the dps over all from the mobs is what kills them so fast. Now my other toons i don't have anywhere near the trouble.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #39
Wigin

Developer

Anything that does any big damage should be 100% avoidable without any death prevents. If you tell me the boss or ability that is killing and what you are doing I can make sure that it is not bugged and that the intended strat works correctly.
Wigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:15 AM   #40
Feldon

Neither Solo nor Adv Solo should be tuned to require the best heroic gear ToV has to offer. Keyword is SOLO. You should only need Cryptic 4-gem gear to survive. Not Arcane. Not Potent. Cryptic.
Feldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #41
Cleaner

going back in finally got act running right, I think, i hope lmao. anyways ill go in and record all the data i can. ill start with basic solo zones. but mostly i think it is the over All DPS of the mobs. One instance i went in last night where the lava creature is the 1st named that has the terradactal looking adds that nose dive one shot my merc the first spawn and me the second. This was on the warlock with raid gear and 800k+ hps. i was able to survive the divebomb attack but after about 6 deaths before he died. Main mob is not bad its the adds in that fight.