EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #31
Kalika

Btw you can destroy the plateform ;-)

I did not tried that because in a sense it seemed illogical.... should make things way faster.
So boss probably dropped down because aoe destroyed the plateform ;-)
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #32
ElectricPotato

[104] Shattered Seas: Revelations in Highhold(Heroic)
says it updates in the solo or adv solo, but the update of grayman on the ground in the last room is only in the solo
ElectricPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #33
ElectricPotato

Purely feedback here:
Operative guy with color orbs and platforms: This fight was so fun.
Platforms, good hp, orb combo for teleport, disarming luclinite on ground, awesome! Most fun i've had in a long time.

Superior Fight! Nice work!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:38 AM   #34
Laita

Ran this one again (both solo and adv solo) for the sig quest. Much improved over my first couple of runs when beta first launched, I like the changes to the name on the platforms. I am a tad bit confused about the last name. I understand that it hits for more damage the further you are away from it, but there seemed to be a separate aoe (think it was a trauma) that would knock the merc and myself down to the yellow every time it hit, Being a channeler I healed through it no biggy and tank and spanked the name.. sure there is an underlying strat for non-healers/tanks to make it doable, but didn't bother trying to figure it out Smile
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #35
Chrol

Developer

Were you able to at least stand on and attack it? Or was nothing there at all?

I will be changing the damage reduction to only increase the amount of physical damage you take, and then reduce the percentage of the detriment by half for the solo zones.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #36
Kalika

Trash was a bit annoying and social, again huge packs that are berzeker friendly ... getting irritated one day Dev have to play something else than classes with 100% AE and self heal on baby hits.

One dude was using a det from top of ramp, increase elem damage an tick, rushed him with savage protection and auto cure on .. did quite nothing. He managed to cast his thing without LOS and with me even in the court ... probably deadly in heroic if you let 2-3 stacks happen.

Akheva dudes did quite nothing, but an annoying det that slow casting speed a lot (i m getting used to those anti-priest features (natural when all the devs play berzekers) .

First named did nothing, i was worried about his buf, for each % of hp he loose is damage increase, so you better kill him fast at the end, he summoned little daggers adds that did nnot much. So don't be afraid if his buf reach 98, it's not 98 % DR or reflect, it just means that he is at 2% and doing twice more damage.

Second named summoned a cloud, det indicated arcane damage if you in, could not really find any spot out (my graphics are not really good) ... anyway i did not want to leave his room because he may have reset. But damage was not great ... he died without me worrying more.

Moved to another wing, pulled trash behing a gate with open AOE, huge mistake many mob joined and i had to use big things (howling, even cyclone). One of the poison det of the grimling hurts a lot.

While cleaning i got jumped by third named, she used a curse i cure it before examining ... I could not examine Gninja det so i just tanked and spanked.

I then got a message about "securing two switches" .... i cannot find them ;-)
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #37
Chrol

Developer

I'll remove that detriment.

Damage on that was set too high. It will be reduced.

Hint: Inside the tower by the main gate. There's a circular "switch" you can interact with to raise the gates. (Never mind that was the exact answer.)
Old 10-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #38
Yajirushi62

I just started losing hp in the HH AS after deaths, something odd with the bolster buff.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #39
Chrol

Developer

Glad you liked it!
That could only be Diving Pelican which inflicts slashing damage for 15 seconds. It's curable, though. There's also a lengthier dot called Smouldering Combustion but that's heat-based; also curable, but in a different manner.
We are looking into this. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #40
ElectricPotato

so you can douse yourself in the fountain or something!? tricksy. I was intuitively worried he would leash, but after you saying that, dousing in the fountain it is.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #41
Chrol

Developer

No another way!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #42
Materfarmer

Gudre Blackhand is very difficult in Highhold Solo. Lvled thru most of quest line but buffed to 100 for this part and still unable to kill him. I am full potent/energized brigand with Krivix for merc. I can get him down under 20% but the merc dies at that point. I am right up against him to avoid the distance dot but can see no way to remove the other one.
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #43
ElectricPotato

*Looks around for a bottle of rum to douse self*

wait, wouldn't that make it burn louder?
Old 10-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #44
Jaelissa

Gudre Blackhand hits way to hard in solo. I am in there with a BL in full overcharged gear and raid jewlery and he still whoops my butt. merc is useless of course.
Jaelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #45
Materfarmer

yeah well the rum thing sounds dumb but I did find the tapestry. Not sure how it's supposed to work tho as it just seems to add more mobs to kill to the equation
Old 10-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #46
Chrol

Developer

I'll make those quicker to click.

So Sa'Dax has respawned after you already killed him?

Never mind I found the bug! It looks like he was respawning after you opened the second Gate House gate. Thanks Margaritas.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #47
Chrol

Developer

It looks like Smouldering Combustion wasn't being removed after clicking the tapestries in the [Solo] version of Castle Highhold. That will be fixed.

I also made it so that you cannot be interrupted when clicking the tapestries in all versions of Castle Highhold.

And Blackhand can now be rooted in both solo versions.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #48
Materfarmer

Awesome. Yeah I tried again this morning w/ a better feel for what was going on and noticed the Det stayed on no matter how many tapestries I clicked. LOL and aye interrupts from Blackhand and multiple gobbies is a bit OP
Old 10-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #49
Margaritas

I can't seem to get last named down because I cannot get rid of the fire. It's not that I don't know how, it's because I am constantly interrupted while trying to click the curtain.
Margaritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #50
Margaritas

I just revived and the zone went weird. Sa'Dax is back up and doesn't spawn platforms. He moves up, and I can go to him because a color message is given, but there is no platform now.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #51
Margaritas

Thanks, Chrol. I'll reset my zone and try it again next time I log into beta. Smile
Old 10-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #52
Chrol

Developer

It didn't make it to beta yet, apparently. It'll be in the update notes when it does.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #53
Margaritas

I'm guessing the solo is still broken and waiting for a patch rather than it was pushed. I was able to DPS and heal through it with a different spec.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #54
Rett

I'm using a 99 Necro with 472k health and 65-70k resists. After 16 deaths and nowhere close to killing him, Blackhand is a waste of my time right now. The tapestries aren't becoming clickable until well after the combustion crap has been on me until I'm under 20% health, making it pointless to even try (ticks as high as 80k). Between the 2 spammed detrimentals and Blackhand's auto attack (125K-225K a hit), my useless merc can't heal enough (not that it heals that much anyway trying to cure). So far, it's not a bad zone until the final fight.
Rett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:55 PM   #55
Materfarmer

I have to agree. I am a Brigand using Krivok w/ 485K hp and 71K resists. I have no idea what the tapestries are supposed to do because you cannot click them until you have 10 ticks on you and then all that happens is you summon yet another mob. Krivok is getting creamed by the dot so he can't tank him allowing me to use my backstabbing arts to dps. I guess the idea is to click tapestries as you get increments but it clearly is not working at the moment for non healer / non tanks
Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #56
Materfarmer

Ok I finally gave up on the script and did it the old fashioned way. Set Krivok to passive for healing only and straight up tanked him right in front of his desk. Krivok got close to red but I never dropped below mid-orange. Disappointing really as I can see the script might be a little fun and different instead of the same old same old
Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #57
Garavic

First off, love this zone. The trash seems very well balanced and the scripts for the bosses were fun to figure out, but nothing impossible to figure out. Colored orbs were spectacular!

I however am in the same boat as others on Gudre. I was able to figure out the whole fight before coming here to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but the damage I take waiting for the tapestries to become clickable is too much for me. I've tried this 20ish times with Perrin and Lady. Only once was I able to click the tapestry and that turned out to be my final act before death.

I've tried various DPS tactics, slow and fast, and I'm afraid that didn't seem help. I may be able to just power through it all if Perrin's heals land just right, but that's obviously not the intent.
Garavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #58
Garavic

Also as I revive over and over Smile

It would be nice if when you die in Gudre's room the game presented you with the Hall of Trade as the closest revive point and not the Entrance you zone into the zone from.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #59
Garavic

So since my first post I've given this another dozen or so pulls and I have two follow up points to my experience thus far.

First, there is a big gap between getting 10 detriment, getting the message and then finally being able to click the tapestry. Honestly I don't know if that would make this doable for me or not, but it is frustrating the situation.

Second, I think the Diving Pelican attack is weighted to hard on some classes over others. 300% decrease to potency I can see as that hits everyone and the affected abilities are still doing something. That's assuming of course you have more than 300% potency. Which I'm assuming you do unless as a melee you've avoided it completely, which I have not, and which also brings me to my next point. The lowering the chance to hit with a weapon by 100% at the same time however is only really affecting some classes and it's not like a majority of people have enough accuracy to counterbalance that by much. That being said if the damage output is toned down then this would probably not be as big of an issue. You're just kind of bringing progress on this fight to a grinding halt with this attack while we are already struggling to survive.

Oh and I should point out I have gotten the tapestry clicked a few times at this point, but I never live more than a few seconds after that. So you know, baby steps Smile
Old 10-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #60
Chrol

Developer

I will be lowering the damage from the fires. However, don't plan on just letting yourself burn forever with those 10 increments...