EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #61
Matia

The devs really should define what they mean by Solo, Advanced Solo, etc when labeling zones.
Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #62
Matia

Are the little magma remnants summoned by the lavacrafters in Zavith'loa supposed to be that damaging? (And plentiful) Smile
Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:48 AM   #63
Ratafen

OK. Castle Highhold (SOLO) is sure as hell NOT solo!!!
Why? There are HEROICS there. I believe it should be put in advanced solo or even heroic. There are times where me and my merc are overwhelmed by grimlings are we are wipled quite easily... So PLEASE stop leading us to slaughter and put quests where they rightfully belong.
-----
Hey. This is beta. You want feedback? You're getting it now, I just hope you're all LISTENING.
~Rat
Ratafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #64
Meekara

I have to say, I disagree with Ratafen on the difficulty Castle Highhold solo. With a non-raiding leather healer (which is what Ratafen is struggling with), I had no extraordinary problems with that solo instance.

Ratafen, I know it is frustrating for you, as you've been struggling with that one instance for two days. Yes, there are heroic mobs in there just as we ran into some in the ToV expansion, and in Cobalt Scar, etc. These ones are doable as a level 96 leather healer, much less a beta buffed 100.

HOWEVER as you were told in the beta channel, playing a level 43 fury on live, then trying to play a beta buffed fury with no experience of the in-between levels means you're REALLY at a disadvantage. I "get" that you don't want to hear that. I "get" that you're upset about it, but the fact remains: It truly is soloable, for someone who is familiar with the upper levels of their class, BUT you need more awareness of your spells, your AA's, your prestige lines and what you should be aiming for on your gear and adornments. Until you have that awareness, you will continue struggling with this content far more than folks who have leveled into it.
Meekara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #65
Encori

My general impression was that solo zones are too hard on dps classes, but much more managable for tank/healer classes. Bipsee and ... that guy in the castle with the flaming curtains, in particular seem to have script events that draw out the fight combined with large incoming damage issues. For a dps class, you are prevented from finishing it quickly (good), but you are simultaneously forced to do something you cannot do (bad).

Perhaps Bipsee could rely on the adds doing damage, giving dps a chance to save themselves by taking out the adds.
Perhaps the castle boss could lose the ranged damage and initial dot tick.

I also wondered if the large increases in physical mitigation would help scouts, combined with healer mercs possibly just not being tuned for AoM. I ran the zones before quest armor was in, so I don't know. But the quest armor is all downgrade from tov potent except for mitigation, and all that MC armor required level 100, as does the beta buff gear I saw. I am under the impression we should be able to do the solo quest line while leveling 96-98, and do advanced solo at 100.
Encori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #66
Chipeeta

In a solo instance of "Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom" I have died to these last mobs (a shissar invader) so many times i stopped counting, i have tried several different techniques and mercs and yet Im still dying they are way too difficult for me so how is the average Joe gonna get thru here??? needs looked into please.. I play this game to have fun.. Im not having fun! Having not one but 3 x4 herioc mobs to finish a solo dungeon is a bit much dont you think?
Chipeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #67
SgtPmpkn

I understand your frustration, but we need more information. What class/lvl are you? What is your hp? Are you using a merc? Are you using the pillar protections and cycling them during the 1st phase? are you receiving the new spells after you hail the NPC after the 1st phase? Are you again using the pillar protection and cycling them and using your buffs to heal yourself and do dmg? And finally, at what point are you dying?

Sorry for the wall of questions, but all are important to pinpointing the problem.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote