EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
Ucala

I get this mission for 10 tokens to take care of 4 elite things in trainquil sea and phantom sea. I asked in chat and no one seems to know what to do here. the logical thing would be that it means to kill 4 overland names but there isn't any names in the zone Tongue
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
santargria

Don't have an answer for you but would like to know where you get these overland missions? - dumb question I know
santargria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
Xianthia

I've found three named in Tranquil Sea, and almost had given up on Phantom Sea. Today I stumbled upon a named Akheva in Phantom Sea. I killed it at 1:15pm and stayed in that general area for 1 hour and no respawn. Finally gave up.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Ucala

did they count for the quest? or do you not know?

just by the normal quest givers for the group zone missions, except it's the "weekly" npc that gives the quest
Old 11-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
Xianthia

Yes, they counted for the quest. They all counted to update the quest, the ones in Tranquil updated Tranquil appropriately and the one in Phantom updated that particular quest.

The named in Tranquil I killed twice for one of them and it still counted towards the count so I was able to complete that one. The Phantom I guess I've not been lucky to find more named than the akheva one so no idea if killing it multiple times will update the quest. I'm sitting on a completed Tranquil weekly and a 1 out of 4 for Phantom.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
Ucala

eh, I finally found one, they aren't really "names" they are just, other mobs that tend to be more powerful then other mobs around them.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
Xianthia

That's true, but they actually have a name and makes them easier to describe than "a fish", "a bug" etc etc Tongue Glad you found one.