EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #31
Chrol

Developer

It's tricky to stop NPCs from following you when you change elevations which is why you see those brineterrors for a split second and then disappear (you're supposed to be safe from them up on the platform). I will see what other checks I can add in there to prevent them from even hitting you when you're up on the platform.

Regarding the water columns, they won't be in till tomorrow at the earliest, which will make this fight much easier, as using the corrupted teleportation system decreases your overall health by a percentage each time it's used, while using the water columns bypasses that and lets you swim up to the platforms.

I also reduced the hitpoints on the dislodged stones from the Earthen Behemoth again.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:44 AM   #32
Laita

Honestly, I didn't even notice any adds on this fight, assuming my AE auto attack burned them down, as the only blue I hit was an occasional healing barrage.
Laita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #33
Yajirushi62

Damage from the names needs to be reduced by about 33-50% for anything other than a healer, tank, or tank-geared/speced dps to clear the zone.

**edit** Also, anything the names spawn during the fights should be reduced as well.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #34
Kalika

Just did this zone till last named (waiting because i m stuck in a related zone with dargan trapped and i may need to kill that boss after).

Warden (now 99) in a mix of potent/arcane crap with my Gninja-Daeron ...

Trio => understood nothing, red screen cured what i could, emote meant nothing to me i just burned them
no idea about the correct way to do it. The red screen is super annoying.
Indeed they jumped me while i was trying to clear the trash (forgot to put monk on passive) so i cold not examine bufs ..
Narrative emote were meaningless to me ;-)

Guy that put a cage/bomb on you => nothing to say destroy cage or joust before it gets on you.
Damae may be heavy for non healer.

Behemot => killed adds till it became clear that i better switch on named, was sort of messy .. probably the best method is to simple kill the named and ignore adds.

Not sure about last waiting to see what happens with dargan in the temple of doom.

The incurable dot on one named and the behemot damage are probably a bit high for non tank/healers.

I did not got real issue, never used emergency (DP, cyclone, FoF) .. but i sort of understood nothing ;-) especially on the trio.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #35
Uncle

ran the advance solo version of this today and all I can say was glad I don't have to pay for repairs

tested as a brig defensive set up with a Templar merc

first two named NP

The Earthen behemoth needs some work...

1. a dislodged stone: auto damage didn't seem like that much about 21k average hit but there are 5 hitting either me or my merc every 1.5 sec.. so your looking at roughly 21 to 105k damge every 1.5 sec on top of the damage the named dose recommend two thing here.

A. cut the Hp on the adds to where they melt and leave the damage they do alone
B. cut the damage and leave the HP on the adds alone

2. The Earthern Behemoth damage itself on top of what the adds were doing is too high as well you have auto attack hitting was hitting me at 70k ever 3.2 sec the you have his skill earthbound 1 hitting for average 33k every 4 sec then have earth bound two kick in later in to the fight earthbound 2 hitting at 40k ever 2 sec..

recommend just recommend balancing the auto attack damage between the stones and the behemoth to be manageable by Healer mercs either by buffing mercs or lowering the over all damage..

Lastly I was at 11k mit in def spec with the Templar merc and the mobs level is only 105 so I should be mitigating 48% if the mit mechanic is working right

unclebrig
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:37 AM   #36
Yajirushi62

Ran the solo on a 100 Assassin in best-in-slot heroic items from the last expansion again today, defensive spec'd, defensive stance, and the names up to the behemoth seem okay, Unatu could use either a health cut or reduction in the ticking dot for any tanks that want to try and kill it. But the behemoth definitely still needs a damage cut like Uncle said said above me.

**edit** I got the name to about 25% by burning it before I died, with a slacker dps assn since tank specs.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #37
Chrol

Developer

Incoming!!!
  • The Earthen Behemoth and its dislodged stones inflict less auto-attack damage.
  • Dislodged stones from The Earthen Behemoth have less health.
  • Earthbound I and Earthbound II inflict less damage per tick.
Hopefully by Thursday.
Thanks for the feedback. Keep 'em coming!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:42 AM   #38
Yajirushi62

Thanks for the update on that Chrol, I'll test again when I see it in the notes, but it seems to be reasonably difficult now if the stones were dropped to 3 per wave instead of 5.

**edit** Also, feel free to ignore this until after more testing with the current pending updates, but would it be possible to drop the Shatter Earth damage by about 20%? getting hit for 85k on my assassin, so most mages would probably be getting hit for 100k roughly every 8-10s
Old 10-30-2014, 02:47 AM   #39
Yajirushi62

Also, looks like 3.9mil dps and 50k hps is enough to kill it in its current state.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:52 AM   #40
Yajirushi62

The Vathsis - The ticking dot needs to either be reduced in damage by about 50% or removed from the adds to make it a reasonable fight.

Kavis Set'Ra - The debuff seems to do nothing as it increases incoming noxious damage but he does no noxious damage, also is the solo intended to have no strategy other than burn hard for him? 27s fight and had no scripting other than the debuff after about 50%. Complete pushover compared to The Vathsis.

**edit** This feedback is for the regular solo, not the AS
Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 AM   #41
Chrol

Developer

I updated the damage on some of these spells you mentioned, Yajirushi62, plus some others I noticed seem a bit too low or too high. Hopefully the changes will be in by Friday.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #42
Uncle

ADV SOLO

ok since I can get past the behemoth now....I can feed back the last two named Tongue

vathsis: the power drain was a tad high recommend cutting it buy about 15~20 precent or just remove it from the adds

Kavis Set'ra: awesome script one of the most enjoyable encounters I have seen in this expansion for an adv solo; however,
there were a few things I recommend.

1. make the spot you have to kill the brine terrors on a little larger or more noticeable had a hard time first couple of pulls seeing them with the way the fight area is especially in the corners.

2. make the area's that spawn after the brine terror dies last about 5 to 10 sec longer to make the transition to alt spots more manageable to reach.

3. HP on the adds was a lil too high maybe 10~15 precent lower or increase the damage they can take seemed to stack up on me.

4. Kavis himself the last part of the encounter damage especially the DOT was too much or with the combination of the Knock back @ 25% was a lil bit too much for me or my merc to recover from.

recommend adjusting the Knock back so you can positon the mob at that phase of the encounter or lowering the dot by 25~35 % and let him know us around the room.
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:23 AM   #43
Yajirushi62

Solo

The behemoth was the only one I manged to test before the update, seems like it could be tuned down maybe 5% to make it soloable for 95's more easily, but it is definitely manageable now.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:19 AM   #44
Yajirushi62

Solo

The Vathsis seems reasonable for most classes now.

Kavis Set'Ra still has no scripting and is a pushover compared to both the Behemoth and The Vathsis.

Unatu and Poxrata both seem a tiny bit underpowered, maybe increase their ticking dots by about 10%.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #45
Yajirushi62

Advanced Solo
The Behemoth still needs an outgoing damage nerf of about 15-20%, barely killed it on my third try with my assn using all my heals and rebirth spec.
The Vathsis - still needs that ticking dot nerf I mentioned before.

Solo
The Vathsis - still needs the ticking dot nerf.

Kavis Set'Ra - looks to be working completely and nothing needs to be changed, though maybe lower damage on the water adds and buff the shadow damage about 5-10%.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #46
Grundge

Was running the solo (shadow of luclin) and noticed that right after the first room, when you go through the crumble in the wall...the smaller stonescale serpents are untargetable in that area. I had to pull them back to through the hole in the wall to target them. Not a big deal, but something that needs attention nevertheless.
Grundge is offline   Reply With Quote