EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
Davngr1

Loremaster

How do you get this mob to not bug out?     it seems tht everytime i pull it i get a different encounter.     

the one that i don't like is the one that has 4 waves of adds at the start (as it should) but then spawns adds at 60% and 30% along with the 18% adds.

can you please make this encounter work the same, all the time?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
Zergosch

Loremaster

Youre right, it is not that cool.... but i like the idea that soe maybe implented. As you have to look, everytime, which version you got. 

I personaly like the memwhipping version SMILEY (when i´m on my bl)

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
kdmorse

Loremaster

Davngr1 wrote:

The one that has 4 waves of adds at the start (as it should) but then spawns adds at 60% and 30% along with the 18% adds.

Oh piffle, that's nothing.  Try the version that has 4 waves at the start, and starts sending full waves plus a dino as soon as the HM mob spawns, continuously, getting faster at 60%, then at 30%.  I don't honestly recall if he was memwiping, I was chasing enough mobs as it is.

I swear, it's controllable, and we just don't know the secret.  Something during the EM fight, controls how the HM fight behaves.  It feels like it's related to the speed at which that fight is fought.   If we slow down, we get the Adds@60%, and if we stop all DPS, the Adds@100% fight versions repeatably.

We can do the @20% memwipy version, but only by the skin of our pants.  The non-memwipy version is so much nicer, but we've never found a reliable way to reproduce it.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
tomsky

Loremaster

+1 to this thread.

Tested this several times with many theorys revolving around its what % the EM mob is on before it goes HM. Nothing has ever proven conclusive.

As for different versions:

a) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 100%, Raptor pops too

b) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 60%, Raptor pops too

c) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 100%

d) HM named pops, Memwipes, Raptors from 100%, Adds at 20%

e) HM named pops, Memwipes, Raptors throughout fight

f) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 20%

g) HM named pops, adds carry on through portal from 20%

h) HM named pops, Stands and does nothing

I've had ALL of these options atleast twice when killing it, and in general its just random and not enjoyable for anyone at all.

Oh, and on top of this, tone down the trash before the named. Having trash 1 shot people in group even with wards/reactives up just isn't fun for anyone either.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

Stop all dps on the name while he's in EM at 50% health.  After he turns to HM and heals to 100%, continue dps.  No memwipes and no additional adds throught the portal until 20%.  That strat always works every time for the guild groups I've been in.

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
tomsky

Loremaster

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:

Stop all dps on the name while he's in EM at 50% health.  After he turns to HM and heals to 100%, continue dps.  No memwipes and no additional adds throught the portal until 20%.  That strat always works every time for the guild groups I've been in.

Tried this, I've tried every variation within 5% from 75% down to 5%, it just makes no difference at all.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Shotneedle

Loremaster

tomsky wrote:

+1 to this thread.

Tested this several times with many theorys revolving around its what % the EM mob is on before it goes HM. Nothing has ever proven conclusive.

As for different versions:

a) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 100%, Raptor pops too

b) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 60%, Raptor pops too

c) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 100%

d) HM named pops, Memwipes, Raptors from 100%, Adds at 20%

e) HM named pops, Memwipes, Raptors throughout fight

f) HM named pops, Memwipes, adds carry on through portal from 20%

g) HM named pops, adds carry on through portal from 20%

h) HM named pops, Stands and does nothing

I've had ALL of these options atleast twice when killing it, and in general its just random and not enjoyable for anyone at all.

Oh, and on top of this, tone down the trash before the named. Having trash 1 shot people in group even with wards/reactives up just isn't fun for anyone either.

I'm pretty sure option A is supposed to be what the script does all the time and would require a good group to do.

I, too, am a fan of the 50% burn. 4 times out of 5 if you stop dps at ~53% or so and let dots/pets tick it down to 48-50 it'll spawn and do nothing until 20% adds. Otherwise it's just random as hell.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

wish i knew for sure.

42% no mem wipes  at least 10 times now

43% mem wipes

44% no mem wipes  at least 50 times now

46% mem wipes sometimes.

I have no clue.  Wish i had something solid.

Actually.. now that im reading what i just typed.  I'm started to wonder if its triggered by a dps roof.  If dps > 5k then memwipe for example.  I was just thinking.. no ones hitting it waiting for it to repop.

Just thinking out loud.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Stray
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: From the Ashes

Loremaster

No clue what ya'll are seeing or doing.  I've only ever had 2 encounters.  HM -> random memwipe, adds at 20% and HM -> adds at 20%.

I clear this zone almost daily in my normal hour of playtime.

Stray is offline   Reply With Quote