EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Jeepned2

Loremaster
Jeepned2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 595
Default

Just tring to get a feel for how many servers are having a hard time getting Enchanter recruits.

On Permafrost almost every raid guild is looking for an Enchanter in one form or another. Mostly it's for Illusionists but a few are looking for Coercers also. My guild has been looking for another Illusionist of a long time now and no takers.

How's your server?

Jeepned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
Kahna

Loremaster
Kahna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 77
Default

I was really bored one day and did a search of over 100 raiding guilds across all servers that were actively recruiting. 64% were looking for either a coercer or an illusionist (or both). I didn't break the number down anymore than that as my boredom had passed.
Kahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Chock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Kahna wrote:

I was really bored one day and did a search of over 100 raiding guilds across all servers that were actively recruiting. 64% were looking for either a coercer or an illusionist (or both). I didn't break the number down anymore than that as my boredom had passed.

Here are the numbers for 5/25 on the Flames global recruiting board.  Posts were made dated 5/25 ending around 12:30 PST.  Sorry the table does not translate well but you get the gist.  38 guilds were trying to fill 30 chanter spots.

GuildCoercer illusionist
Legions - Antonia Bayle
11
Death Proof
 1
Validus - Euro Raid Guild
11
Lost Legion
 1
Has Gone Linkdead!
1 
CATACLYSM 
 1
EP 1
DOMINATION
 1
Troops of Doom
 1
Delusions of Grandeur
 1
Vendetta 
11
Journeymen of the Overlord
11
The Relentless
1 
Strike 1
Mass Extinction
 
1
TR
11
Velocity of Crushbone
11
Ravenous 
1 
Fusion on Permafrost
1 
Nerfed - Blackburrow
1 
Defiance - Permafrost
 1
Faith 
11
Invictus of Permafrost 
 1
 1218
 Total chanters30

 

 

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Enoa
Server: Kithicor

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 253
Default

There is 12 archetypes that exist in the game.   2 archetypes (chanters/bards)  take up 1/3 the raids spots.   More guilds are gonna be recruiting those 4 classes than any other classes.

I helped run a guild for > 2 years during eof/rok/tso.    We always had a chanter recruit posted, we almost always had a bard spot posted.   We usually had a non-druid healer posted.  In fact after a long long time of never getting a coercer app our RL rolled a coercer to fill the spot.   Guess what... we never/rarely had a tank spot open.    This is the way it has been and the way it will always be untill the need for 4-5 bards and 4 chanters in raid is removed. 

So what's the point of this?  You want chanters nerfed so 4 aren't wanted on a raid?

Enoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Chock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Enoax@Permafrost wrote:

There is 12 archetypes that exist in the game.   2 archetypes (chanters/bards)  take up 1/3 the raids spots.   More guilds are gonna be recruiting those 4 classes than any other classes.

I helped run a guild for > 2 years during eof/rok/tso.    We always had a chanter recruit posted, we almost always had a bard spot posted.   We usually had a non-druid healer posted.  In fact after a long long time of never getting a coercer app our RL rolled a coercer to fill the spot.   Guess what... we never/rarely had a tank spot open.    This is the way it has been and the way it will always be untill the need for 4-5 bards and 4 chanters in raid is removed. 

So what's the point of this?  You want chanters nerfed so 4 aren't wanted on a raid?

Its YOU again... /sigh

People are quitting their enchanters every day thus driving up the demand.  So nerfing them will just drive up the demand even further.  Supply and demand; a basic economic concept.  You just like to repetitively poke me with a stick to see if I snap. 

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
Korrupt
Server: Najena
Guild: Shoukin
Rank: Buzai

Loremaster
Korrupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 519
Default

Your argument is flawed in the fact that since guilds are all recruiting enchanters that must mean they are still a very good class. While all the wannabe wizards may be quitting their class and rolling what they should have rolled in the first place, the real enchanters are still doing the job they were designed to do in raids.

Korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #7
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Chock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Korrupt@Najena wrote:

Your argument is flawed in the fact that since guilds are all recruiting enchanters that must mean they are still a very good class. While all the wannabe wizards may be quitting their class and rolling what they should have rolled in the first place, the real enchanters are still doing the job they were designed to do in raids.

If chanters were so superawesomedelicious to play there would be a flood of them to choose from.  ><

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
wullailhuit

Loremaster
wullailhuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,007
Default

Well , with SoE constantly hating the Mystic class with yet ANOTHER nerf to our healing , I'll be looking to switch to my illusionist , so thats one more.

__________________
wullailhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #9
Korrupt
Server: Najena
Guild: Shoukin
Rank: Buzai

Loremaster
Korrupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 519
Default

Chock wrote:

Korrupt@Najena wrote:

Your argument is flawed in the fact that since guilds are all recruiting enchanters that must mean they are still a very good class. While all the wannabe wizards may be quitting their class and rolling what they should have rolled in the first place, the real enchanters are still doing the job they were designed to do in raids.

If chanters were so superawesomedelicious to play there would be a flood of them to choose from.  ><

If there were a flood of them to choose from that would be more an indicator that the class is extremely OP and people are hopping on the bandwagon of having t1 dps and t1 utility. Oh yeah, that little boom already happened and now that chanters arent the best of both worlds the fanbois are jumping ship to the next OP class. Bet the vast majority of chanters jumping ship are wizards, SK's, and assassins now.

Korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #10
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Chock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Default

Because Enoa loves to poke holes in everything...

I looked at every single guild recruitment post for the month of May in 2009.  48 guilds were recruiting.  Of that 48 guilds 8 were looking for a coercer and/or 10 looking for an illy.  Just seems a lot less than in todays market...

Edit: clairifying with and/or as some guilds were looking for one each enchanter or more.

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
Banditman

Loremaster
Banditman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,459
Default

Q.  Why do people play any class?

A.  Because it's fun.

When it ceases to be fun, people either switch characters or leave the game.  Guilds have always struggled to keep Enchanters in their raids.  Whether that is a flaw in game design or not is completely irrelevant at this point - the game is what it is.

Right now, Enchanters are not fun to play.  Until they are, things will only continue to get worse.

__________________
Banditman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
vexrm

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 284
Default

I can have fun on my illusionist. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be playing him.

However, this fun is hard to come by. It really depends on who is in my group if I have fun or not.

Half my buffs are worthless in most groups and put a worthless buff on some one or don't put the right buff they want on them and get screamed at. (I'm sorry Mr. Mystic but I thought the wizard would prefer Time Compression and the 5% double attack.)

Mezzing is worthless in most groups and in the groups it's useful some one will break mez early. Constantly. They break mez, I get screamed at.

If I stun or wear stun gear (T3 boots I'm looking at you) most tanks will scream at me till their mic breaks.

If I power regen too much? I get screamed at.

If I let some ones power drop too low in their opinion? I get screamed at.

Do too much or too little damage? I get screamed at.

Have pet out? Get screamed at.

Don't have pet out? Get screamed at.

Mistime a timewarp? Screamed at.

Have a timewarp macro? Screamed at.

Not have a timewarp macro? Screamed at.

Use channeled focus? Screamed at.

Not use channeled focuse every chance I get? Screamed at.

I CAN go on. I hope you get the point.

At least four of these happens per Half PUG group, because the Tank/Healer/Wizard knows how to play my class better than I do even though IF they have an Illy it's not past level 20. For a full PUG group I expect every single one of those to happen.

I'm to the point where my illy won't group with folks and soloing on a support class isn't fun.

It's not just "Oh we aren't the best of the best" the class has major issues. The argument about it being needed on a raid is flawed. No matter how needed I am, it doesn't counteract the fact the class needs work. Between immune mobs, buffs that are worthless, "effects epics" that don't, 14 spells that are detrimental to cast, and the whackamole cast speed insanity it is MUCH effort for little pay off.

So what about a non pug group? I need 30 minutes to set up between groups so I have the right buffs and try not to have worthless buffs. However, I have fun as I know what my role in that group will primarly be and what that group needs. It just takes a long set up time.

__________________
Well, CC is useful in dungeons. I'm amazed and eating my words.
vexrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #13
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Chock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 156
Default

vexrm wrote:

between groups so I have the right buffs and try not to have worthless buffs. However, I have fun as I know what my role in that group will primarly be and what that group needs. It just takes a long set up time.

I pretty much only play my illy in Raid.  I group with my Templar.  RARELY (if i need an update, or recently I was chasing a couple extra AA points), I will do a couple groups with my illy but never a PUG.   I <3 my templar and half-way decent at her.  She is a fixture in a regular post-raid group.

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
Jeepned2

Loremaster
Jeepned2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 595
Default

vexrm wrote:

I can have fun on my illusionist. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be playing him.

However, this fun is hard to come by. It really depends on who is in my group if I have fun or not.

Half my buffs are worthless in most groups and put a worthless buff on some one or don't put the right buff they want on them and get screamed at. (I'm sorry Mr. Mystic but I thought the wizard would prefer Time Compression and the 5% double attack.)

Mezzing is worthless in most groups and in the groups it's useful some one will break mez early. Constantly. They break mez, I get screamed at. I never mezz unless asked to do so. Even then I have to go find my mezz spells since not on a hot bar anymore.

If I stun or wear stun gear (T3 boots I'm looking at you) most tanks will scream at me till their mic breaks. Ignore them, if needed, put on mute.

If I power regen too much? I get screamed at.  Ignore them, if needed, put on mute.

If I let some ones power drop too low in their opinion? I get screamed at. Ok, normally I never have this problem, but I'm a Coercer not an Illusionist who had mana regen nerfed, so all I can say is ignore them but keep trying to keep them up.

Do too much or too little damage? I get screamed at. Ok, depends on who is screaming at me. If it's the tank screaming at me then I'll mute. If anyone else, take hate off tank and put on that person. If it happens to be the healer, put hate on them then mouse over the tinkered FD item.

Have pet out? Get screamed at. If they don't like pet... too bad unless there is a tactical reason for THAT fight that requires me not to have a pet. You better have a good reason for me not to have a pet.

Don't have pet out? Get screamed at. Personally think you should be asked about you not having your pet out without a good reason. You are reducing your DPS for???

Mistime a timewarp? Screamed at.

Have a timewarp macro? Screamed at.

Not have a timewarp macro? Screamed at.

Use channeled focus? Screamed at.

Not use channeled focuse every chance I get? Screamed at.

Ok for the ones in orange above, same advice for all of them. Leave the group. This group isn't worth the headache. But I do like to let them know why they are about to spend a half hour or more LF another Enchanter. Let them know in what I'd call gutter English why you refuse to tolerate them and thier screaming.

Actually I have a very low tolerance for anyone outside my guild screaming at me. I don't do PUGs often anyway. They only get to scream once before I nuke them. Just refuse to not get a parting shot at jerks. I'll do my best to cut as deep as possible. I want the screamer to remember me for a very long time.

I CAN go on. I hope you get the point.

At least four of these happens per Half PUG group, because the Tank/Healer/Wizard knows how to play my class better than I do even though IF they have an Illy it's not past level 20. For a full PUG group I expect every single one of those to happen. Leave immediately... don't pass go, just go. I'm not real open to a wizard telling me how to play my class.

I'm to the point where my illy won't group with folks and soloing on a support class isn't fun.

Jeepned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.