EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2016, 12:32 AM   #1
Tierisch

Ok, I did some beta testing up front and then stopped to go and get my prerequisites done on the live servers.. When I came back today I was on a 100 SK with 90 Resolve and 8k+ Potency and I can't hardly damage the simplest mobs in the zone. So I thought maybe my SK is bugged and tried my Necro who killed in OF before without any trouble and got the same result. Am I missing something here?
Old 11-08-2016, 04:06 AM   #2
Sucha

They removed the beta buff so if you were on prior to them removing it and came back afterwards there is your difference. Just a possibility.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:40 AM   #3
Tierisch

I just can't believe this is intentional. As many expansions as I have been part of, I have never needed a minute to kill trash mobs. If you know anything about Necros, they actually kill very fast. If this is what this expansion will be like, I will just come do my Tradeskill questlines and then leave it be..
Old 11-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
Tierisch

I actually asked in general chat why I was barely damaging the mobs in the Obulus Frontier and no one could answer. I wasn't the only one asking either.
Over the years I have resigned myself that there was a large part of the game I was excluded from. I left for a while, and when I came back, trying to keep up with gear and trying to get into heroics became virtually impossible for me. I play casually and even with the dungeon finder I just never felt like being sneered at by elitists.

So I decided that I didn't mind soloing and since there were then solo and advanced solo instances I made sure I was well enough geared to blow through those instances and felt good about the game.

I enjoy tradeskilling and decorating and I find harvesting relaxing. So I've found something to do in each expansion until now.

There are super rare harvest nodes which give one random rare... hmm

The tradeskill quest now excludes the most fun part of it.. the boat.

And unlike ANY other expansion, killing trash in this place feels like I am a completely undergeared noob trying to kill in a heroic instance... Not my cup of tea. Not the direction I want to go in.

All of the prerequisits for the tradeskill and adventure lines I didn't mind. I was on live servers to do those and was really excited about the expansion... Until now...
Old 11-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
Tierisch

Yes, staying alive is easy, they don't hit hard. And I expected a little bit of a drop in DPS after they took the beta buffer away. I mean until you get geared in a new expansion it usually takes a little longer to kill the overland mobs. But this is just WAY out of proportion.
I finally got some replies in general and a few folks agree with the way this has gone off the deep end, and advised to get resolve up. Well I tried killing on a toon that has finished the KA questline and it still takes a few minutes to kill regular ^ trash. What exactly are we expected to get our resolve to? And how?
The other person just told me to "adjust" and stop whining... thanks =) very helpful
Old 11-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
Wurm

Didn't our dev team say we wouldn't have to worry about resolve outside of dungeons?
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
Tierisch

Yes, that is what I understood as well.. so my focus was much more on potency than resolve so far.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #8
Wurm

You will get plenty of both with the new gear... however getting the new gear is the problem with not enough resolve. Catch 22

I would bug it and would go even as far to make a new thread asking directly in the title if the overland (and solo) mobs have resolve.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
Tierisch

I agree, the fact that the beta buff gear from Finch is about what you would expect someone to have who played through the ToT timeline and did the solo/advanced solo dungeons and maybe a little better, says to me that you should be able to do the solo content of KA with that gear, if not easily then at least in comfort. Spending an hour per quest because it takes you minutes to kill one overland trash mob does not seem to fit in with that expectation.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #10
Tierisch

Also, as I said before I tried killing the overland mobs WITH the KA timeline gear... same result.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #11
Sucha

I have been working on getting some alts caught up on requirements on live so have not been on beta a few days. My suggestion about the loss of the beta buff was just a suggestion of what may have been the problem. I agree though if the overland mobs are now that hard then they seriously need to look at toning them down. Using only feedback from those who copied over raid geared/heroic geared toons (and not saying that is what they are doing) helps a small part of the population but hurts those who are casual/solo players. They need to go for something that will allow all to do things without needing 10+ minutes to kill a single mob.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #12
Twisty

Are you wearing weapons with proc Devastation Strike? (known bug) It might healing your mobs at the rate that you're barely out-dps'ing
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #13
Caith

Developer

A few things.
There has never been a bolster on the overland zone.
There is no resolve on solo or advanced solo encounters.
Solo overland named encounters have twice the mitigation that they are supposed to have, so don't base anything on them right now.
If you have a mix of handcrafted and quest gear from last year, you may want to upgrade to Kunark Ascending handcrafted.

Seriously, stop spreading misinformation about solo mobs having resolve requirements.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #14
Winddragon

This couldn't be caused by not having the beta buff as the buff was only in solo instances and didn't do anything to effect how fast you kill mobs(I think).

I think they ended up messing up the combat mitigation on the overland mobs again. This situation happened once before already when they were adjusting combat mitigation.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #15
Nicolos

Then something is wrong on your end. I am just coming off beta on a necro. When the beta first started I was having no issues. Now, the signature mobs (trash, not named), throwing EVERYTHING I have at them and still taking about 3-5 minutes per mob.
Nicolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #16
Wurm

I didn't say a single thing about the solo mobs having resolve. I was helping Tierisch troubleshoot their problem and they seemed to think the problem they were having was not enough resolve.

I even went to say that you devs had said they (the overland and solo mobs) didn't need resolve.

Thank you for once again confirming that.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #17
Wurm

How long has that been a bug? I never had any gear with Devastation Strike on it until beta and so far I haven't seen it healing any mobs I hit with it.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #18
Adaac

It took me 15 minutes to kill an overland name with a decently geared berserker. I was unable to finish any timed quests in the time allotted due to too much mitigation and too many hitpoints on the mobs guess if you aren't a dps class then the timed and overland weeklies are out of reach for you.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #19
Twisty

Not long, not sure if still current. Was a pic here somewhere of proc saying heals mob
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #20
Sambril

I have to agree. On my SK it is taking me 10-15 min per mob on the sig line, that is just beyond tedious and no fun at all. I haven't been playing for a while on live, but I have a mix of quest rewards and crafted gear from the last xpac. Using my lifetaps is more than enough to keep my alive so I was using a dps merc (the glaufaye from last time) in an effort to increase my damage but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 AM   #21
Tierisch

I do see that killing the same trash is now easier. I deliberately didn't use my merc btw. It would have gone faster I assume.

Initially I accidentally had my harvesting gear on and at 2300 potency it took minutes to kill a 103 ^ giant. After I switched to my combat gear and was at 4500 potency the same mob ( I think it was a Chalp Bludgeoner) took only seconds. But I still couldn't damage the named.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #22
Sambril

I have to report that today I have been doing a lot better - mobs are dying as quickly as I would expect, under 1 min for a 103^. As I gear up in the expansion this should improve even more. The only gear changes I made were the TS cloak and now I have Raffik with 2 pieces of Twark merc gear - neither of which would have a large effect. I can only assume that there was a change in the update today. In any case I can now progress BigGrin

Update: In an effort to figure out what is going on I installed ACT. It seems Raffik is doing about 10x the damage I am and is just ripping aggro from me. So looks like it is his xpac and I am just along for the ride.
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote