EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #61
Mandoblast

Seems like it could take a long time. The funny thing ( yeah not so funny) is that I never really grinded tithe in ToT because all it did was give me Dev of War and some added stuff. I am sure had I know (like all of us) how important it would become in KA, that we would all have spent the last year grinding. In a short 12 days, I have gained 13 levels of Pot from 16 to 29. Imagine what I would have done with the whole year.

#tithe2017
Old 11-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #62
Kari

I expect the people reporting the high numbers have a lot of max level toons. I will probably go ahead and level up all my abandoned 90s and 95s so that my main gets the extra xp bonuses.
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #63
Mandoblast

Greater tithe gives 50% more.

I have 5 max level alts and with a coin running in HKC I get 10943 a kill and 12-15k group encounter bonuses. At a minimum, I gain 10 points every 5 minutes for a total of 120 points an hour. If I have more people in the group (this is a good idea but not mercs) then the amount goes up about 200 or so a person. When double xp was running I was getting 13k tithe a kill plus 16-18k encounter bonus. In order of tithe gained the zones are:

1. HKC Contested
2. KP Contested
3. OSS Contested
4. BSB Contested
5. SS Contested

I have not tried mentoring but the only zone that would have a great effect would be SS at level 90. KP might have the same tithe amount and OSS is close but the kill rate is lower and the mob amount is also lower. With a large group this might not make a difference. I was merely talking about my observations when soloing all of these zones.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #64
Beee

It's part of the Premium Consumable Pack
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #65
Entropy

Running HKC in optimal conditions I get nearly 150 tithe/hr. That's with the following conditions:
1) No tithe coin bonus used
2) 530% total XP (200 vitality, 200 veteran, 130 from effects with XP potion running)
3) Zone all to myself
4) Playing a class with a lot of hard hitting blue/green AEs
5) Top end gear, including Ire-dread for the second reset proc
6) Put your damn merc away... they steal XP!

With all of that, I stay just a bit ahead of zone respawn and can keep it clear. If you don't meet all of those conditions above, your results will be significantly worse.

AOM and TOT contested are also pretty decent XP if HKC is camped, but still slower due to consistently 1 or 2-shotting large groups of things in HKC. I suspect that in a few months when we have new raid gear, efficiently running new heroic instance dungeons won't be bad XP either. Key word there is efficiently... good luck getting six people on the same page for that Smile
Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 PM   #66
Twisty

ah ok. your xp mod is way higher

curious... wonder if vitality does anything for tithe, since presumably you can't exhaust it because no real XP is getting earned
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #67
Entropy

At max level vitality gives you a constant 200% boost, without depleting.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:08 AM   #68
Ellimist

HKC also has an added advantage of being able to get the coins for the guild hall if your so inclined.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:30 AM   #69
Talduke

Too bad final points will still take 30hrs per point even at that rate haha
Old 11-08-2016, 05:51 AM   #70
Talduke

I was bored at work. For those wondering I used the ((level^2)+2)/2 formula. and then the various columns are converted to time per level as seen. This gets a little depressing the further down the list you look Frown. It might be worth addressing the time frame needed to max even one tree. Even at the upper levels of points per hour you are still looking at a few months of actual play time to get one tree done. most players will not be in that range and so these trees will basically be many many years before they are completed. I can totally understand DBG not wanting these to be maxed out in weeks or even months but i think the current time frame is a bit much.

Deity Spreadsheet
Old 11-08-2016, 05:22 PM   #71
Entropy

Well, considering that a toon with maxed CB and POT trees will be doing quadruple the damage of an equivalent toon that has no tithe, I think a long grind is appropriate. However, this definitely moves the game towards requiring significant time investment if you want to excel over your peers. Not sure if that's going to help or hurt their subscription base long term. I tend to think it'll be overall negative, but who am I to judge?
Old 11-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #72
Talduke

As a hardcore player I'm ok with it being a long grind. I tend to think it's a bit too long ATM but future proffing is a good thing. That being said I think it could hurt the resentment between people who simply can't put hundreds of hours in and those that can. Yes everyone will be gaining by xp through normal gameplay but probably closer to the 30-60pts per hour if you are not pure farming for it. That means 1-3years of gameplay. And that is 24hrs/day at that rate. In reality that translates to probably 7-10years. That's a bit optimistic but who knows eq1 is still going. Also with stat inflation how it is in a few years we will be looking at 50k pot. Hell I already spike to almost 40 with temps. So by the time we get these trees maxed it will only further expand the inflation gap between players that have been around and farmed and those that are new. I don't know what the best answer will be since making it grind able in one or two expansions would be too fast at anything but a constant farming pace.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:57 AM   #73
Twisty

is the 50% tithe coin additional 50% of the XP added as tithe? or just another 50% xp additive?

ie: 530% xp from veteran+alts+pot => add coin => +265% xp or just 50% xp
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #74
Mandoblast

50% more tithe.

Example: Without coin I get 7k and change in HKC.

With Coin that jumps to 10526 which is 50% more tithe.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:04 PM   #75
Entropy

How about a one-time forced reset for everyone on xpac release to allow us to reallocate as we wish due to the massive overhaul of this mechanic?

Also, this is going to severely hurt playing alts. Could you consider having the POT/CB/STA part of this be shared across your entire account? With over half a million points required to max the pools, this is obviously a multi-year (5?) path for most people to follow. Sharing the stat gains as a common pool across alts would encourage people to play whatever class they wanted, rather than people getting frustrated when they log off a +50%POT +50% CB main to go dink around on a 10/10 alt... I would think that encouraging alts would be good for business, but that's just me.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:00 PM   #76
semisus

I do really hope you make KA zones same xp gain as like HKC , currently 1 or 2 players can keep that zone cleared and with better gear from KA i sure thats down to 1
Old 11-13-2016, 04:56 AM   #77
Ashandra

Alts are good people swap to them so you can go do grps with out this they would just log and the game is dead . Some sort of stat sharing account wide on deity points would be good as it really seems very OP right now I would lose exp on my main if I log my sk and go tank for ppl this doesn't make sense.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #78
Brightlyz

I understand why some people dont like this because of alts, but at the same time having something i can always be doing to progress my main is a welcomed change imo.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #79
sycla

As maxing deity points could take 3-5 years making them account wide is a must.
The longevity of this game is due to the large number of alts we can make..but recent changes makes alts unviable as now it is detrimental to your main every time you log in a alt.
I dont mind the insane amount of xp/time needed to max diety points,but not for all my alts.
If you insist on saying choose one and forget the rest then this game would loose a lot of flavor.
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #80
ZUES

I'm going to bring up a sensitive subject so RadarX please don't delete this until you read it thru. I'm not attempting to advertise another game by any means. But this particular feature could thrive here in EQ2.

Why don't we take a page out of Black Desert Online? They incorporate ways to AFK level into their game and subscription models. It is a genius concept if you really think about it. This has a long lasting effect on the community as a whole. It's an incredibly popular feature in BDO. Here's how it could work in EQ2...

1. Player must be a paid subscriber to access the feature. Personally I would pay another $5.00 for this feature.
2. He/she logs in a character and goes to "X" zone. Once there the player activates "X" event to start gaining XP.
3. The "X" event stops at 24 hours, subscription end, servers coming offline or whichever comes first. The player will be responsible for coming back to the computer at least once per day to refresh "X" event. Failure to do so will activate the afk timer and kick the player to character select.
4. AFK XP gain is a reduced amount of XP as to not retract from grouping.

Now the entire EQ2 community is logged in. New players see a populated game. Norrath will feel much bigger to everyone. Guildies see a populated guild window. Subscription revenue is increased by DBG. Alts now become a viable option once more. Everyone wins.

I watched a developer conference online. This topic came up. It was very interesting to hear the panel and the audiences reaction to this feature in future MMOs. I think it's a great way to incorporate features that would otherwise be exploited by the players. Take advantage of it and control it. You won't have to ban paid subscribers anymore. Lower level characters and new players will now have a reason to purchase the latest expansion. It's a great way to make some additional money for Daybreak and remove the desire for third party software.

These deity changes open up a window of opportunity.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #81
sycla

Really dont need another pay to win avenue..
Players realize how powerful deity points are now and no one is complaining that it would take a few years to get there.
However the feature needs to be account based as i dont see anyone spending 3-4 years on each toon they have.
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #82
ZUES

I don't see this as pay to win at all. If it was a reduced amount of XP. Right now any paid member can grab their prestige gear and do a dungeon grind (as they are right now) for a substantial increase of experience. This would simply be a convenience.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #83
Entropy

ZUES: "always on" AFK gaming sounds like an interesting idea, until you factor in things like the cost of electricity to run your gaming computer 24 hours a day. Ask any Bitcoin miner for a similar perspective (they have it much worse though). A 500 watt draw running continuously is about $40-60 per month depending on your rates. Granted, if you're gaming 6 hours a day at keys then the differential is slightly less, but you get the point. I used to bot Diablo 3 and saw a noticeable difference in my power bills.

A better solution would be to look to a game like Eve, where skill training occurs regardless of whether you are online or not. EQ2 does a bit of that with spell research, but that could certainly be expanded to other areas. The Vitality system is somewhat similar, but at max level it never decays so it's taken out of the equation and just considered a new baseline. I'd be happy to see a similar but separate Tithe Boost pool implemented though.. and please let us sacrifice items to our deity to accelerate it as well, just like the old deity system!
Old 11-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #84
Arclite

Firstly, I appreciate the fact that a very mediocre systems is now put to some good utility but at the same time I feel that it was not completely thought out.

It is all well and good that the grind is good and can be done given the amount of time and effort one can spend.

But lets assume that not everyone is going to grind at a level or pace as each other, how can the immense disparity between them (specific to raiders) will play out going into the new expansion? A person who has 30 points on all three stats going into the new expansion is getting a massive head start compared to a person who has half the number of points spent. Yes you can justify the fact that eventually it will all even out but what about the initial period?

From what I have seen so far on beta is just overwhelming to say the least. Some players, based on the amount of points they already have, are on a different tier of dps compared to those who don't.
Arclite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #85
kluxor

life isnt always fair. those that are behind just need to put in some work and effort to catch up
Old 11-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #86
Ellimist

I actually agree with the sharing across account option.

In saying this when the points were released it was clearly stated that the pools were a multi xpac thing.

So I don't mind dbg leaving it the way it is but I don't play my mystic anymore because

1) I'm playing solo so I prefer the wizard
2) I can't catch up on stats quickly.

I do share gear between my toons as I loot it so the mystic does end up geared but with the tithe stat I won't be able to group with the mystic much longer when required. (Mostly guild groups)

While I support the current requirement I think sharing it across the account is a good idea because it won't exclude alt armies which I know people do use to support groups especially come summer ethereal time and this stat change makes a massive change to players stats in general.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #87
duckster

This +1.

There is no new contested in KA either afaik? So old zones to grind require the fabled contested conditions(12+ people spawn a new instance.)
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:34 AM   #88
ZUES

I hate the idea of everyone going to old content to grind these points out. KA experience is horrible tho, they'll have no choice.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 AM   #89
Entropy

Just as a reminder, folks, you don't lose any XP by inviting others to group. Mercs are the only thing that cut your personal XP share.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:16 AM   #90
Mickeyroon

Want to be good? You gotta work work work work work work.