EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 11:22 PM   #31
Nero

I seriously do appreciate your rational reply to this.

Do I think this is going to break the game? No. But Do I think that this will in the long run set my main back if i play my alts? Yes. I know the impact may be small right now, but over the course of a year, or 2 years, or 3, i really do think that it will make a large difference.

Just for reference from my personal experience:

1. My main that I raid with, quest with, run dailies, weekly everything on earth with pretty much every single day and then some is sitting at 18 points of everything (just like you predicted). Obviously i took the balanced approach, so my diety was spread among all 3 stats.
2. An alt i purchased with the preorder lvl 100 buff has now run the ToT sig, Epic repercussion, Myth 1.0, and approximately 2 weeks worth of dailies and weeklys to get tokens for their belt and cloak. This character is sitting at 7 points of Sta, Pot, and CB. Now obviously i will earn points faster at lower levels, but in reality, when some people are up at 20-25 points right now, my alt will never catch up... period. He will always have 10% less CB and potency. And the worst part is, is that IF i want to bring my alt up to par, my main will suffer, because i could have instead used that XP to level up his diety progression.

So really what it comes down to is if your guild only asks you to play 1 main and thats the only character that you care about, then you are gonna be happy with this change.

But if you have several "mains" that you are expected to perform at a high level on, then this will in the long run become a detriment to your performance, as 5 or 10 or even 15% potency and CB will make a noticeable difference ( as someone has already dont the math on above)
Old 11-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #32
Nero

I'm not convinced tat this would solve the problem... it would help new players get say the first 10 or so points faster, but then it would also accelerate higher levels of progression as well, so in theory, every xpac would have to bump up the amount of XP given out to help out all of the people that created new toons...

Also, and this is completely irrelevant, but at some point you just have to step back and look at the state of the game and realize that it has, by all looks and appearances, denigrated into one huge grind fest.. Grind for Ethereals, grind for gear (that inexplicably gets reset 3 or 4 times a year), grind for Diety XP, grind to get your ascention to whatever lvl.

Now im find with doing SOME grinding but again, it feels like the line has been crossed...
Old 11-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #33
Ashandra

The amount of % given seems a tad op to me it's abit like having some one heart bound in grp and some one that's not. It is a lot easier to grind these points on some classes compared to others which isn't so good if your not one of them.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:36 AM   #34
Curmudgeon

They could always try something I've seen in other games and make it a shared stat. All your characters share one Deity page, you run stamina up to 10 on one char, it's 10 on all chars. Could prove a bit tricky to code tho with the load they have on them right now.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #35
Mandoblast

I do like the change on my main. I have been grinding out points in preparation so that my stats are much better day 1. I have a few alts that will likely never catch up because if I could spend time grinding away on an alt, I could spend that same time on my main getting more points. Since the curve to gain "levels" in the diety system grows, this will potentially take a LONG time to get anywhere near 100.

As I think about KA, I realize that a lot of mechanics are very time consuming but potentially game changing mechanics. Want to double your potency or CB? Grind 100 deity levels. Want to have level 10 accession? Grind for 97 days to get to level 10. Even the spells inside of each Accession level are gated so that you HAVE to have the previous tier to scribe the next. I do not want anything handed to me, but at least if I am grinding out character levels or AA points I see the endline.

Of course there is the DB cash shortcut to diety. You know, buy XP vials. I suppose one could use plat and buy them off the broker. I would assume this would get very expensive.

Grind away for me. It is grind to keep up or go play another game. Just dont ask me about my alts anymore.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #36
Talduke

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't deity levels based on tithe experience? Buying xp vials will do nothing. And increasing xp gain in KA zones will do nothing. It will need to be more tithe gain. They could work in a system where you could earn one point from a weekly quest or somthing so essentially 100 weeks would fill one side of the trio. Just spitballing though I doubt it would happen
Old 11-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #37
CSP84

Maybe at some point there will be fabled versions of Karnors Castle, Chardok and/or Sebilis. I certainly would like it.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #38
ZUES

Tithe coincides with the number of XP coming in. Do one daily heroic quest in ToT it returns 536,000 tithe. Last night we grinded every solo and heroic quest. All together, I would guess about 15,000,000 tithe total. I got 20% of one deity point. The biggest contributor to tithe will be the amount of level 100 alts you have (20% xp bonus per level 100). XP vialsare pretty much worthless in the grand scheme of things. But if you have a gajillion plat, by all means. Save some plat for ancient spells and auction channel lol.

Unfortunately I don't believe tradeskill quests effect tithe gain at all.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #39
Raenius

Just connect the gain of deity-points with aquired achievement-points - various playstyles grant you points while you get an increased rate of deity-progression - keeps you busy and prob fixed.
Plus, this makes you to play/experience the game more from different point of views.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #40
Ynnek

Did the way Divine Stamina works get updated at all, or is it now clearly third bananna compared to Divine Potency and then Divine Crit Bonus?

Silly me, since Pot and CB from Deity were such lame ducks with such a steep curve, I've been dumping into Stamina, because everyone needs hitpoints. Wondering if I should revisit my strategy.
Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #41
ZUES

If you had spent 5 seconds logging in to check for yourself you would have seen that stamina got a massive upgrade.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #42
Mandoblast

Stamina returns 5 points of stamina per level as well as 1% max health per level.

1 run through a contested zone yields me 30 tithe points or approximately 6.700,000 tithe. This takes me less than 10 minutes. In 20 minutes I can get close to what is awarded by all ToT solo and heroic quests. The problem is, there are only a few contested zones that give really good Tithe and they are always busy.

We need more contested grind zones for Tithe. #grindthetithe2016
Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #43
wazul

its the begin. first point easy.
but after......

some math :
lvl 30 in one diety = 3% xp for lvl 100.
without double server xp, if you ding 1pt / 2minutes you need play 24h24 during 240 days.
wazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #44
Mandoblast

Level 30 takes 451 tithe points to complete. If it takes around 5 minutes to get 10 points, I need to do this 45 times. This means that for level 30 I need to have 225 minutes or 3.75 hours. And this is with double server xp and a greater tithe coin running. Math hates me.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #45
Mermut

Every new deity point takes more xp then the previous...
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #46
Mandoblast

Yes. The formula is N squared + 2 and then all of it divided by 2. Where N is the level. I call "tithe points" the points you get from 1-10 and just consider "deity points" to be levels.

But yes, each level is a bit more.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #47
duckster

Not sure if has been asked but an option to reset tithe points for reallocation would be useful.

This could be for pure DPS setup/hybrid or survival spec.

One can wish but its something that should be considered.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #48
ZUES

If something like that was added, which I doubt will be, they would more than likely throw it on the marketplace.

From a personal standpoint, I would buy it.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #49
Kander

Developer

We have no plans of allowing these to be reset.
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #50
ZUES

There ya go. Thanks for the reply Kander.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:04 AM   #51
duckster

Thanks.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:42 AM   #52
Rageki

Feels a lot like this.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem
Old 11-07-2016, 04:07 AM   #53
Xellium

[IMG]
Old 11-07-2016, 04:15 AM   #54
Xellium

Mandoblast, Where can I Get this Greater Tithe Coin?
Old 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #55
Mandoblast

The coin is also purchasable by itself for 300 DB cash straight off the marketplace.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #56
CSP84

You get it from Beta Rewards Package as well.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #57
Entropy

Math is fun.

And they obviously meant this to be a 5 year progression journey, even for the diehard grinders. Even assuming a very aggressive 100 tithe per hour, that's 3400 hours of focused grinding to max POT and CB bonuses.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #58
Kari

I think the diminishing returns posted by @Xellium demonstrate that experienced players won't have that large of a head start. If you look at someone going from level 20 to 21, a new player can get their first 10 levels with the same amount of deity points.

I am one of those that wasted a ton of points on DoW, because it is fun to blow things up from time to time and try to show up on the parse. Obviously that is going to have to come to an end for a while so I can work on my crit bonus and potency, but it was fun while it lasted.
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #59
Twisty

is there some mentored tithe that works faster than HKC? im not seeing anywhere near these 100tithe / hr rates in there while keeping it near empty
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #60
Twisty

also the DBC tithe coin says +10%. seems not superb. or is it not really 10%
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote