EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
avashi

Why are new recipe rares gathered from the shadeweave plant, but the provisioner recipes are still gathered from the plantain and victornut?
I could spend hours talking about those two rares and how much I dislike them. Two differen,t extremely rare harvests, from one plant has made them extremely hard to fine, Then each food recipe required a different rare rather than using one rare for both recipes. So having both food and drink became harder. Next the harvesting areawe will conitinue to use is very small. I know these were increased, but still compared to old hunting grounds this is...uhm can't think of a nice word for it..... especially when you have competitors who are only hunting the food rare. This will only become worse as no one wants the other harvestables they are barely necessary as we have tons of them in depots already, which makes the food node just about, the only node being harvested in ToT.

My guild and I are still using the foods made from the stormthorn . We felt spending hours harvesting to find two ultra rares just wasn't worth the time versus reward. We will now be two expansions behind on the food we are using or spend much time flying around Thalumbra hoping to find a food node and then harvest a plantain or a victornut, for one of each is needed to have the food and drink.

I do not know why there will be no harvestables on Obulus, maybe because its part of an old 70 area, and new harvestables can't be mixed with old ones? Just as the new Zek had no harvestable which would have aleviated the the lack of harvestables in ToT.

If nothing changes the least that should be done is for the new foods to be made from the shadeweave rare just as all the other new rare recipes are.

That will take the load off ToT fungal plant to supply food for the new expansion. Also there should be no requirement for two harvestable make food and drink. Stormthorn worked fine for AoM, I see no reason it can't work now.

Lastly, I'm not sure just how rare shadeweave root is going to be, but for all recipes requiring a rare to be dependent upon this one root I surely hope they are a lot easier to come by than a plantain. I love all the new advance carpenter recipes and to think I will never be able to create any of them because I can't find a root is, well...just depressing Frown
avashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
Niami DenMother

I'm not going to drop my personal opinions in here right now, but just add a couple comments.

1. The shadeweave spawn timers and locations are not fully tuned yet, so we can't properly tell rarity.
2. Along with the end to the tradeskill signature line, Domino is also working on a set of side-quests to allow you to permanently convert your gathering goblin into a gardening goblin for your home, that will allow you to collect an Obulus rare at timed intervals. Timing and such still tba, but I doubt it will be that frequently.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:59 PM   #3
avashi

Thank you for responding Niami, much appreciated. BigGrin You are correct, nothing is set in stone....yet. I just wanted to voice my opinion, and it is just my opinion, before the stone is set and has grown rock hard. I've only been playing since Destiny of Velious so any crafting before that time is unknown to me. My harvesting consists of picking a toon and spending the afternoon clear cutting (I think that's what she called it), as I read in Zam in my early days that was the courteous way to harvest Smile . I return home with a variety of rares that I or one of my other crafters use, or, if I need wood for my carpenter she harvests wood. Just sitting here trying to imagine harvesting a rare node with random drops makes me shudder.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
Mermut

From what I've seen in the beta, the nodes are rare... VERY rare.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
Jiko

For my part I am happy for my Goblin to bring me back a rare every 45 mins or I will whipp his little green hide Smile
Jiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:22 PM   #6
Neolia

Totally agree with avashi, I find harvesting rare food/drink in ToT zones is a total waste of time (at least for my playtime).
Fungal are only ToT zone harvest and all of us (crafters) got personal goblin(s) and pony(s) for other rares harvest, so we are ALL ilooking after fungal nodes for our crafting and ALL of us are frustrated both by poor number of food/drink rares spawn and competition on every node in the whole zone.

I'm a veteran player/crafter with all the items and potions and bubbles and mounts I need to increase my harvest rare chance and bountiful harvest...

Last time I spent more then 3 hrs harvesting (trying to! mostly...) fungal nodes. I get an amazing amount of rare roots (about 30), a super rare spellshard and... and only 2 (ONE) rare food harvest. Not a single drink harvesto too. I was totally frustrated and, like avashi, I gone back in Malice for make the older drink and food again ( in AoM: 1 hour oh brushes harvesting give me about 12 stomhorn ^^)

In old times I remember I gone frustated like this only when we have not tracker for resources and I have to find something specific like a rare pelt or wood in a huge and agro (for me) zone like Ferrot or Rivervale... and I was unable to find the nodes, not the rares... found the nodes, found the rares too, mostly. eheh

If it's possible, it would be appreciate rising a bit more the rare spawns from ToT fungal nodes and better more if we can find this kind of nodes in new zone too (the fungal/brushees, I mean).Or put them too into goblin / mule rare harvest counter? or anything which can give us some less frustrating harvesting time Smile
Old 10-30-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
AOE1

This change of locations for rares is ridiculous. The commons are in Thalumbra and so should the rares be. This having to go to a totally different zone to get rares to make the food, furniture, armor, etc is both frustrating and needlessly time consuming. I do not understand the mindset that decided that these rares needed to be separate from the commons when we are talking items that are typical of the advanced book level items. If it is a special, specific very few items, that might be different but it isn't. Please reconsider this nonsence. I would guess that the majority of the people that play this game do not have unlimited hours to play and when they do, they do not want to spend them running over a zone trying to find the rare and odd plant that might give them a need rare. Or they will simply do without and after awhile, you will have run off all your "casual" players, who make up the majority of your base.

I rarely have a complaint, but this is one I feel strongly about.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
Cloudrat

[IMG]
Old 11-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
Wurm

The Victornut and Battle Plantain situation wouldn't be so bad if they had of removed the root rare from the fungus. We have twisted root nodes in ToT for the rare. That they didn't is in my opinion an oversight that never got fixed.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #10
Katz

Some questions:

1. Does the new rare node give only one type rare? Or does it give rares of all types but from the one node?
2. Do the new recipes require new rares from only that node?

If new recipes, such as rare furniture, require rares from that node, I'd just as soon they change recipes to use the rares from Thalumbra for furniture, notebooks, and other normal items and have the new rare only be for things that are massively majorly super-duper exceptional.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #11
Wurm

Then there needs to be a crapload of them to find or its going to go over like a lead ballon.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #12
Materfarmer

Agreed. Forget all of the furniture and gear the CONSUMABLES also require the rares. For people who use and sell these items it will be impossible to obtain. Everyone will just continue using the last tier except for the very very few unless the spawn rate increases by 20x minimum
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #13
Winddragon

We need to keep in mind that we're going to get a gardening goblin to give us the new rares, and we don't know how many of them he'll give us. It could be 1 at a time, or it could be something like 10 of them.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:17 PM   #14
Wurm

I hope we also get a goblin pet we can have follow us around. I prefer the snarky present of my goblin to my pony while out harvesting.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:29 AM   #15
Katz

I forgot about the goblin gardener. I too like the goblin with the evil snicker.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #16
Mermut

The node can give you any of the rares. All of the new mastercrafted recipes require a rare from that one, rare node.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #17
avashi

I haven't forgotten the ability to change my goblin into a gardener. But if he brings in the new rare as often as he does the rares he brings in now, at least for me. that's still not a lot of rare, what maybe one each every..is it two hours, that I can collect from him? It has been stated, if I'm not mistaken, this is a super rare, so can I look forward to getting at least one from him each time I unload him? As it stands right now I can harvest myself and bring back more rares than that in two hours, well, if I'm not look for plantains or victornuts lol. Its looking like all the advanced recipes are going to depend on rares that are rarer than a plantain to get. I love my carpenter, crafting house items and decorating is why I made her. To not be able to go out and harvest what I need,and instead have to waIT for a goblin, or should I luck up and find a shadeweave plant and then not be fortunate enough to get the rare I need for carpentry is frustrating to say the least. Sorry, but that's how I feel, so its still not looking like a sunny future as far as I can see. And as stated earlier this is not cut in stone so now the time to express our concerns is before it becomes final.

OH, I guess I should say that I don't collect from my goblin every two hours 24/7 as I have other things to do, So I'm usually collecting once, maybe twice a day.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:37 AM   #18
Katz

Quick question here. Are we losing the normal harvesting goblin? That is, we will not have it to harvest commons and rares throughout all the tiers once we go through the quests to change it? I'm not sure I like that. I check my pony and goblin around once a day most of the time and sometimes not every day. Won't this halve the amount of common materials I'm currently getting? Are we trading this to get to garden and get one rare a day?
Old 11-09-2016, 07:19 AM   #19
Noctew

Yes, you will lose the old goblin. That's why there is one of the high security please-think-before-you-click dialog boxes making you confirm it. However, even without the goblin, the pony and the guild gatherers will make sure the broker will be full of 2c harvests, I think.
Noctew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #20
Prissetta

Not liking losing the gathering goblin, either. I use my goblin for commons and my pony for holiday mats.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:22 PM   #21
Xianthia

To go with this, I'm weighing the options. I broker/sell a lot of items that need amalgamations, losing the common mats will "hurt" in the long run. Having a sure way to get a rare is nice. The rares could have been added to the old goblin, but doing something new is nice too. I just don't know which is better for my play style.

Nice you are on already Prissetta Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:11 AM   #22
Katz

I'm thinking I'll keep my current goblin as is. I don't use guild harvesters. I just use my pony and my goblin. I'd rather have the two of them harvesting for me in the tier I need at the time than have a goblin just getting a random rare once a day.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:47 AM   #23
Mermut

I appreciate the option to swap. My depot is bursting at the seams... given the extreme rarity of the rare node.. that gives only a single random rare... I'll trade my goblin for it easy.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #24
Xerikton

i swapped the goblin. got a house plant that i can harvest rares every so often and a merc that isn't wimpy. i think i will swap out all of the goblins i have as i don't use them just so i can have those house plants.

excellent idea having that plant. good luck trying to harvest in the open zone with it being packed for the next few months.