EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #31
Niami DenMother

Build 12958

"Arcane Tome" now asks for leathery shadeleaf as the primary ingredient, but does not accept the leathery shadeleaf that is obtained from the beta buffer.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #32
Niami DenMother

• Build 12958

Sages have some of their expert ascension spells in the essentials book, and some in the advanced book. At a glance, elementalist experts may be in the essentials book right now, and etherialist in the advanced book, instead all of both sets of experts being in the advanced.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:17 AM   #33
Maripop

strategists smoothie and victornut buttertart
I went to craft these tonight and the secondary build component was an empty spot and so I couldnt craft it.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #34
Niami DenMother

Actually, they can be crafted. As I posted a few days ago, the secondary ingredient is missing the labeling, but if you have some aerated mineral water on you, you can craft them. They still need to be fixed, but at least they can be crafted, which lowers the priority on Domino's overflowing plate a bit. BigGrin
Old 10-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #35
Niami DenMother

Alchemist:
  • Recipe Bloody Tooth Critical Draught yields Skyfire Scroll of Pain
  • Recipe Bloody Tooth Draught of Increase yields Skyfire Scroll of Prowess
  • Recipes for Bloody Tooth Elixir of: Constitution Deftness, Fortitude, Intellect, Piety, Tactics, Thorns & Transcendence all yield Skyfire named versions of those elixirs.
  • Recipes for Bloody Tooth Essence of: Clarity, Health, Power & Regeneration all yield Skyfire named versions of those essences
  • Recipe for Bloody Tooth Potent Draught yields Skyfire Scroll of Pure Power
  • Recipe Twark Critical Draught yields Cae'dal Scroll of Pain
  • Recipe Twark Draught of Increase yields Cae'Dael Scroll of Prowess
  • Recipe Twark Potent Draught yields Cae'dael Scroll of Pure Power
  • Recipe Twark Arcane Remedy yields Cae'dal Arcane Remedy
  • Recipe Twark Arcane Reprieve yields Cae'Dael Elemental Reprieve (note the Arcane/Elemental mismatch as well as the Twark/Cae'dal bit)
  • Recipes for Twark Elixir of: Constitution Deftness, Fortitude, Intellect, Piety, Tactics, Thorns & Transcendence all yield Cae'dal named versions of those elixirs.
  • Recipes for Twark Essence of: Clarity, Health, Power & Regeneration all yield Cae'dal named versions of those essences

That's all for alchie until I craft all her new recipes. :O
Old 10-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #36
Leonitas

Ascension class recipes (Both before and after the update, effecting Journeyman-Adept+Master(past tense),GM, Ancient:
Erosion <--->Granite Protector swap out each others ingredients (granite makes erosion, erosion makes granite) ....this seems to ring true for just 2 spells/ca's per class/archetype. the others:
Revocation of Life <-----> Tainted Mutation
Elemental Amalgamation <---> Frozen Heavens
Ethermancy <-----> Cascading Force
them 4 swap outs all craft and use the opposing recipe's mats just fine, so thats maybe why nobody noticed yet.

i also noticed repeating discoveries on obsidian mind (expert) and erosion (adept), though i forgot to note whether it was the recipe or creating the spell which brought on the repeatable discovery. i believe it was crafting the actual spell.
Leonitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #37
CSP84

I don't know whether that has been already discussed but the Class Ascension Spells Recipe doesn't seem to be correct. A Jeweler usually crafts Scout CAs and Alchemist Tank Spells. However it seems that the Jeweler does the Tank abilities (Geomancer) and the Alchemist the Scout ones (Etherlord). Is this intended ?
Old 10-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #38
Wurm

Is the geomancer really a tank though?
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:03 PM   #39
Maripop

More of a recipe question...

I noticed this time around the recipe books are heirloom and some trade-able is this intentional and going to stick when live?

Hoping so as I am always torn between adventuring and tradeskilling. I have 3 adventure classes I play and 9 crafters so its a lot when new stuff launches, and while I have been going back before this and doing older TS quest lines only 3 currently have the TS epics and that means 6 to run through epics before launch if its going to change.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:16 AM   #40
Maripop

Sage Etherealist Combines:
Etherlord Combines (all 4 ranks) are asking for Illegible Scroll: Facet of the Etherlord (Oliver gave us Illegible Scroll: Etherlord) so its not allowing it to be crafted.
Ethermancy JM and Expert: are asking for and taking their corresponding Illegible Scroll: Cascading Force
Old 10-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #41
Niami DenMother

Advanced Weapons
  • There are two recipes labeled "Bloody Tooth Healer Defender" - one of the recipes correctly produces the Bloody Tooth Healer Defender, the other produces "Bloody Tooth Soothsayer's Slicer"
  • Recipe "Bloody Tooth Throwing Chopper" produces "Skyfire Throwing Axes"
  • Recipe "Bloody Tooth Sharpy Star" produces "Skyfire Shuriken"
  • Recipe "Bloody Tooth Throwing Smasher" produces "Skyfire Throwing Hammers"
  • There is a stray "Twark Throwing Sharpy Star" in "Bloody Tooth Advanced Weapons" - it needs 3 fixes to it. The first is to move to move it to the "Bloody Tooth Weapons Essentials", the second is to fix the primary ingredient (currently bugged ingredient, will need to be changed to 5 splitiron ore) and the third is to change the name of the items created from "Cae'dal Shuriken" to "Twark Throwing Sharpy Star"

Weapons Essentials
Thrown recipes/weapons still have naming mismatches.
  • Twark Throwing Chopper/Cae'dal Throwing Axe
  • Twark Throwing Smasher/Cae'dal Throwing Hammer
  • Twark Throwing Stabby/Cae'dael Throwing Dagger
Old 10-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #42
Niami DenMother

Spelling this out as I re-verify them all.

For sage, rename all 4 versions (Ancient, Grandmaster, Expert, Journeyman) of
  • Cascading Force recipes to be Ethermancy
  • Ethermancy recipes to be Cascading Force
  • Elemental Amalgamation recipes to be Frozen Heavens
  • Frozen Heavens recipes to be Elemental Amalgamation
I am on the wrong account at the moment to check jeweler and alchemist to be sure that Revocation of Life/Tainted Mutation and Erosion/Granite Protector are still also swapped with regards to recipe names, but it's likely a good guess that they are.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #43
Leonitas

they are. i disco'd all the new spells but 1 and verified that the spells were still using the opposite spell ingredients, 1 pair per ascension class, so 8 spells in all. (well, not today, the day the spells were changed, but havent seen any changes in update notes)
Leonitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #44
Elowith

Went to make ethermancy (journeyman) and it requires the component cascading force
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #45
Niami DenMother

"Foundation of Earth" requires 1 blank luclinite rune
"Foundation of Thought" requires 4 blank luclinite runes - is this intentional? (We only get 2 blanks when we complete the sig line)

Edit: I am also being frain-bried enough that I can't figure out how to get more blanks.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 AM   #46
Domino

Developer

Not intended. The weekly quest will give you more blank runes each week.

The recipe bugs in this thread up to this point should fixed tomorrow, I believe with the exception of the deity food stats and the ascension spell components which we are still untangling. Thanks for all the reports, great catches!
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:52 AM   #47
Domino

Developer

The "normal" books (handcrafted/mastercrafted" will likely stay tradeable but the "special" ones like the merc gear will be heirloom.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #48
Niami DenMother

Naming niggly on the relic crafting recipes. Three are "Empower Relic of ____". Then there is "Relic of Zou Kunnen", which likely should be "Empower Relic of Zou Kunnen"
Old 11-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #49
Curmudgeon

Are the 'Essential' recipe books gonna stay at 30k faction? In ToT I ran my crafters in first so I could supply my guild with basic gear since some of them were seriously undergeared. Even though the stuff wasn't as good as quest rewards it got them started. I'd like to do that again this time around, but unless I missed some quests I top out at 18500 after doing everything and the first weeks worth of weekly/daily. Are we really gonna have to wait till we can complete a 2nd round of weekly/dailies just to get the essential books? Keeping the advanced at 30k is fine, having to put in a some extra work to get them is ok, but let us get the essentials on the first pass.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:21 AM   #50
Domino

Developer

Don't forget there are more quests coming still, which will reward you more faction to start with. But we can probably drop them down also.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:01 PM   #51
Curmudgeon

Thank you. The essentials books aren't gonna get people into heroics, just smoothing out the transition from AoM/ToT to KA.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #52
Curmudgeon

And can we please get a amalgam recipe for ToT materials? I'd run Frillik Tide on all 10 crafters if it rewarded that recipe.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #53
Shmogre

Domino, could we get the incense dispensers to stack? Pretty please? BigGrin
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #54
Niami DenMother

Feedback: since folks are picking up duplicate collection pages in an effort to try to force spawn of the pages that they need, it might be good if the recipe scrolls rewarded by the collection used a different icon. From listening to chat, more than one person has had problems finding the recipe in their bags.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:40 AM   #55
Ellimist

Has anyone deleted it by accident yet? I can see that happening as well if they clear out their bags of the extras first.