EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2016, 11:58 PM   #31
Jamiss

Developer

Same difference here. It has to do with falling out of combat. To conserve on processing within the UI if you fall out of combat it was jumping out of its update. The fix that I put in should handle all of these situations now.
Jamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:06 AM   #32
Gubbo

Is the threat meter threat or % life on mobs who are aggro to you? Should somehow word it more clear like, "window to display health of 10 mobs who are on your aggro list"
Old 10-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #33
Jamiss

Developer

I found the issue with it not clearing. Should have a fix in for tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:25 PM   #34
Errrorr

Jamiss,

While messing around with UI, I found that the file appears to be configurable a little bit about what it shows, but I couldn't find anything else that works currently.

Is there plans to allow this window to be expanded to show other characteristics, such as Power, Hate %, or perhaps Distance?
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #35
Canth

Can we change the shape of it somehow? Or fonts or some such? It's not configurable and I have a crap ton of stuff on my screen already and I can't put it anywhere that it doesn't at least partially cover something else. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the best things about this whole expansion. Awesome idea!

Also, the above comments about the spell timer numbers are correct. In the middle with no tenths of seconds would be great.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #36
Jamiss

Developer

Hate% will not be added. We'll discuss distance internally, but my feelings are that it will not be added. We'll also discuss adding Power.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the element, allowing customization of it in-game is difficult, but the UI can always be edited.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:06 PM   #37
ZUES

Sad face. Either way, thank you for these additions.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #38
Chellema

I've been calling it the agro meter. It was my way of simplifying it in my head. As for the reuse counter. Totally awesome. Both additions are terrific. Good job. ;-)
Old 10-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #39
silentstalker65

I like this window, wish out targeted mob would show up tho, can be confusing
Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 PM   #40
Krumble

I agree it would be nice to have the current target in the window (top position). Also, every time I log out, I have to /togglethreatlistwindow off and on to get it to show back up. Would be nice if the game remembered how I last had it set.
Krumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #41
Grumpy_Warrior

In playing with the enemy list a bit more (DarqUI has a beta version with the current target at the top) I'd rather see the current target listed down in the grid along with the rest of the mobs. It's unsettling to click on a mob name and have it disappear out from under the mouse. A better idea IMO would be to leave it highlighted in the grid wherever it was targeted. So if you click to target mob #3 for instance, it should stay in that position, highlighted, until it's dead or you switch to another target.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:54 AM   #42
Montag

Does the reuse timer work with abilities within a macro based on whcih one is set as primary?
Old 10-18-2016, 03:24 AM   #43
Grumpy_Warrior

Yes.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:36 PM   #44
Jamiss

Developer

Enemies Window:
Current target will now be shown, with an icon at the far right.
The window should remember if you had it open when you exit the game and return.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:06 PM   #45
Grumpy_Warrior

Much better with the target in the list. I love it, everybody will love it, thank you.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #46
Krumble

I agree. Still wish current target would stick at the top, but the icon works fine. Might be nice to have an option that sorts the list in different ways, i.e. by level ascending / descending, current hp, ascending / descending etc.
Krumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 AM   #47
Jamiss

Developer

Will not be providing an option to sort.

Will be looking into adding distance into it, but I want to cleanly display both that and the HP% without causing information overload and without it being cluttered.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:03 AM   #48
Grumpy_Warrior

I agree, two numbers for health and distance could easily be confusing. Maybe instead of the health % number it could be a health progress bar since we're so used to seeing that elsewhere, and white numerals for distance. Just thinkin' out loud....
Old 10-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #49
Kurzan

A few suggestions for the hotbar timer:

1. Have the timer only show seconds, not tenths of a second; it's information that's not needed.
2. Make the font larger, perhaps with a different color and dropshadow so it stands out
3.Give the option to center the timer in the icon, this could be done in the hotbar settings
4. Add a "Timer Only" to the Text Style dropdown, or have it show if None is selected

For the enemies window:

1. If the backdrop opacity is 0 (all the way to the left), then there should be no background behind the enemy name
2. The font used is too large; it should be no larger than the font used with the normal targeting window
3. Reduce the corresponding size of the "crossed swords" icon for the enemy that is targeted
4. Single click should select the target (as it does now), double-click should select and autoattack the target
5. If an enemy has engaged you, it should show in the list, even if you have not attacked back
Old 10-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #50
Jamiss

Developer

I have seen a few requests for this. Anybody still WANT 10ths of a second?
I will look into these options, but it may not make it in until after Beta
I will look into this
Currently, this can all be modified in the UI itself. If I have a lot of people telling me the font is too large, I'll look at reducing it, but for now, no.
Can't really do this with the way that the element is made, sorry.
They should show up. There's about a half-second delay on the window that they may be falling into, but they should 100% be showing up in the list. If they're not, I'll have to look into it.

I tried to make it health bars. It didn't update properly and felt extremely weird when I was doing it, so I switched to the percentage display.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #51
Kurzan

Seemed fairly easy to reproduce. I'd walk up to an enemy that was aggro, they'd attack but I'd just stand there and do nothing but let them hit me. They wouldn't show up on the enemies list until I actually hit them back, no matter how long I stood there.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #52
Jamiss

Developer

Yeah, I saw it just now. Kind of weird, but I'll take a look at it and see what's going on.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:05 AM   #53
Sluggard

It would be nice to also add commands like /target_next_enemy, /target_prev_enemy and /target_nearest_enemy to switch target only to a mobs engaged in a fight with you (and without stucking on a mobs in one group). Roll Eyes
Old 10-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #54
Errrorr

It appears they don't show until you actually get locked in combat. So if you are just training past mobs and not engaging they don't show on list.

The same way run speed doesn't drop until you engage in combat too.
Errrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #55
Shmogre

I like the tenths. Using them makes the numbers constantly update, so they stand out a bit from the hotbar number and I get a better feel of which side of the second I'm on (not that I'm good enough to cast to the tenth of a second).

Downside is the constantly moving numbers tend to catch my eye more, so can be distracting. :^)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #56
Ingerimm

Yes i want.

And can you please move the timer in the middle of the Icons? In a corner I find it quite impractical.

If the timer runs is the icon anyway darkened, one recognizes it nevertheless whether the timer runs in the middle or in the corner. If the timer in the middle, however, this is easier to assign in my eyes. You could give us the option to choose between the corner and the center. Or 10ths of a second or not.

I think this is why the numbers not in the center of the icon.

Now to a window that has not yet been touched.

Would it not be possible, please in the detrimentals also the run-timetimer display? It is always quite difficult in the fight to go over the effect as tanks still with the mouse to see how long this still runs, in order to be able to announce for example when something must be cured, if it can not be immediately cured.

Thx in advance
best regards
Ingerimm
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #57
Grumpy_Warrior

This would be an outstanding improvement. Mousing-over every few seconds to check a detrimental timer is definitely a case of playing the UI instead of playing the game.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:25 PM   #58
Ynnek

Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh Gods Yes...
Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #59
Nero

Not a fan of moving the numbers to the middle as it would conflict even more with the existing UI mods (Drums)

Having said that, +1 for the detriment window timers. outstanding idea!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #60
Shmogre

I also like the countdown where it is - you can still see the spell icon and it doesn't conflict/compete with the hotbar number. And oh man, a rolling countdown on detriments would be a fantastic quality-of-life upgrade...yes please!!
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote