EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #31
Meilay

Resolve, has a few more issues than CRIT MIT had, as well as it's own perks. CRIT MIT was a player gear check, where you either met the check or died. CRIT MIT was not dependant on number of players or buffs active, rather a straight forward gear check.

RESOLVE is dependant on, number of players, gear, buffs running, and granted you don't die immediately if you dont make a resolve check, you only take % more damage and deal % less damage. Not so bad, until you toss in encounter time till script wipes, or death counters, and since each players buff drops when they die, you get a nice chain reaction which then leads to a death counter script fail.

The other issue with resolve is the "some classes are more special than others" when it comes to how much their resolve buffs grants, 10 or 15. Makes a huge difference if you lack a few 15 point resolver's, even though you fielded 24 raiders.

I enjoy the challenges of raiding, i appreciate tiering of content to allow for true progression, but some mechanics should be looked at which mandate teams to farm gear through horrid RNG or force them to bring select classes in order to progress passed mobs that are on "farm". Failing to a script as you are learning it, isn't frustrating, that's raiding. Failing to be able to raid due to a mechanic on the other hand....
Old 11-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #32
sycla

I can understand why they would introduce resolve but surely everyone can see that if they remove the raid resolve buffs from everyone and balance resolve on gear they would still be able to make bossX harder than Boss Y or whatever they want.

No one is saying it should not be more difficult to kill names with a group or two missing..but even without resolve shorthanded fights are more difficult due to lower dps/heals etc so resolve is like a double whammy for short handed groups.
Keep resolve and remove the raid resolve buff
sycla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
Kickya

Why not have the resolve check be calculated Vs the AVERAGE resolve of the raid force

then the resolve is still needed and people have to gear up to keep the avarage high enough but the raids dont suffer when they only have say 22 attending etc.

can do something similar to heroic

just my 2 coppers worth
Kickya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #34
Talduke

It's also worth noting that there are as of now 2 mythical items that will be for sale for 80mil total status at 20 resolve each and based on the 40resolve on the mythical 2h there is probably going to be 20 resolve on epic 2.0. In beta test raids I was in pretty much full tot gear and with a full raid we were way above resolve requirements for t1. I would give the expansion a chance before you stress too much over resolve. I think you will find that it's not going to be as big a block as you think. Unless ofcourse you are pushing to even get 3 groups then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not defending the stat just trying to give you a glimmer of hope of what is to come.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #35
Alenna

easier said then done for us casual raid guilds Gaius not only do they need to follow instructions but they need to mesh well with the rest of us I don't care how good they are at playing their character or how well someone follows instructions if the personalities clash we aren't getting anything done. No it is not easy at this stage in the game to get a full 24 people even though we are not that picky about what is required. It is not the raid guild requiring a certain resolve making us need 24 people but the new game mechanics hopefully something can be tweaked so that folks can see all the content they are willing to put the effort into being ready for. Heck I'd like to see them go back to so called challenge mode and regular mode for raid content so that the hardcore can have their hardcore challenge while the casual can have a challenge they can handle and continue their progression. something for both playstyles is what I'd like to see. if it can be done.

That being said Everquest 2 still beats most of it's competitors hands down for making an enjoyable game for a myriad of playstyles. I speak from experience since I not only enjoy raiding and grouping but the tradeskill content as well as dabbling in decorating.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #36
Anaogi

This bugged me at the outset, especially when you had some folks contributing only 5 with the buff. I likened it then to hanging a steak around the neck of the unpopular classes to get folks to play with them, and my opinion of it remains, though it's been reined in since then.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #37
Kickya

a person with FULL master crafted gear would have 21 x 9resolve = 189

add to that 5 on a mount = 194

then add your buff x 10 =204 ( solo )

then add to that when Grouped 5 x 10

your now at 254 in a heroic group, where the resolve check for heroics in KA is 241

So wheres the issue with resolve ?
Kickya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #38
Neiloch

This seems to be the overall design philosophy as of late. If a class isn't popular just give them more of rare but needed stat instead of trying to make them 'genuinely' desirable or balanced.
Neiloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #39
ZUES

The problem is the jewelry. Many of us have between 500-960 potency in every jewelry slot. Putting on the new stuff, with exception of mythical, means we take a major hit to our dps, heals or wards. Then there's the new combat mitigation. So there's more to it than just meeting a new resolve requirement. KA jewelry is major step backwards in personal progression.