EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #31
Markisaid

Loremaster

I dont know that a "strat" for any zone  other than Den is needed. Klak has become a hyper paced slaughter in the middle since the relic drop timer was changed to instant and the better set up group and players always win ( but I have been in some really good close knockdown drag out brawls in there, fun! ).

Ganak is really about getting a solid core to defend, everybody wants to run,kill,run,kill then run some more ... DEFENSE wins championships people figure it out ( but the glory goes to the most kills highest damage/heals etc. not the most flag stealers snarred until they could be brought down, so the lack of def can be chalked up to a lack of understanding the need for solid defense period IDK ). Send a good tank and a good healer or a good bard , two tanks , two healers , one good brawler who knows how to play their class , there are a lot of combos you can send, where as the combinations just listed cannot defend against a swarm of 5-6, 8-9 incoming, period.

Now the Den, I would like to mention, the name of the game is territory "HOLD", not "territory get and run off". You can win if you hold CENTER tower and Skull OR LAVA as these have the highest point value. Hold these two and you win. Since holding these towers will give you kill points as they funnel in trying to take these towers back. The problem is getting 24 people, who do not know eachother ( most of the time ) to work as a unit is almost impossible. That is why the pre made groups win more, it isnt rocket science.

Nothing against premade groups but it doesnt make you stand out when your tank always brings his personal healer. I fly solo ALWAYS and still have over 30,000 kills in BG.

I cannot wait until the BG only stat sheets come out, some who play on pvp servers maybe shouldnt, and some who dont should , just telling the truth ( and you know what they say about the truth ).

... so I said " Come over here without your friends and we can work this out. " ..." HAHAHA he did." ... " By the way I have a nice pair of boots and a couple gold fillings for sale if your interested? "
Markisaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #32
Xiotia
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Children of the Light

Loremaster

People listening in on voice in order to collaborate and plan a strategy can help increase the teams chance of winning. I prefer to leave my voice up so that I can hear what is being planned. However, many of us have children playing or in the same room with our speakers on, or we do not like to hear a teammate insulting us or cursing on the channel. We will turn voice off. Respect for your team is good strategy. If you want us to hear what you say, make it worth hearing. 

Old 12-29-2010, 03:11 AM   #33
Davngr1

Loremaster

Bluewarden@Antonia Bayle wrote:

Smuggler's Den:--Capture the territory-there are 4 towers along the outside. these give about 20 points per tick each. the one center tower gives about 45 points per tick. to the right of each team base (where you start the round) there is a disk that you can click on and fly over half the map headed to the left.

this is wrong. 

can someone please update this so people stop playing this game missinformed?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #34
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

What the hell are startagies?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #35
Orthureon

Loremaster

Best strat for all matches.

All you need is

Zerker, Templar, Defiler, Illusionist, Warlock Warlock