EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #61
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

I have one concern about this. Currently critical mitigation is a shared stat between pets and pet classes. Health is not. Once critical mitigation is removed from the game pets will become extremely squishy and it will hit all pet classes hard. Please put the health values as shared stats for pet classes so that we don't have to reroll to another class. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #62
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Mogrim wrote:

What Buffrat said.We also need to make sure that Raid gear is improved enough to still provide a significant advantage.I need to say this as well.I don't care about you lowbies who haven't worked hard enough to get into the zones I've worked to get in. If you don't have enough gear to do more content, work as hard as the other people have who ARE in the content you want to be in.

Yeah, put in that 40 hours of plat grinding a week so you can get that SLR gear, lowbies!!

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #63
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

i'm kind of wowed.. People can't figure out if people are good without a crit mit number?  286 myself.. so i'm good

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #64
Kizee

Loremaster

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:

I guess this is a good time to take a month or three break while raid content is retuned so all the currently killable content is killable again.

What are we going to need instead of 290 crit mit for hm drunder? 90k hp?

Yep, they will pigeon hole us back with having to get all crit mit adorns for the hp increases we will need to survive the aoes.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #65
Brildean

Loremaster

Would also be nice if you could out right resist an ae. once in a while..

Brildean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #66
Friggles

Loremaster

So my Crit mit adornments will be replaced with a hipoint adornment. That sucks. What a waste of shards. Maybe remove the yellow adornments and give us our shards back so we can buy something more suitable.

Friggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #67
Anklesteiner

Loremaster

Crit Mit was a mechanic that actually challenged players to move forward through the games content as a team. The past few years, Crit Mit has been heavily inclusive into the content of EQ2, and now...they're going to remove it? Do you honestly believe with such a massive change to the game that Sony is going to do it flawlessly? How long has it been since raid mobs have been double casting AOE's without a fix? 5 months? Something as game changing as Crit Mit removal is going to create a plethora of problems because of Sony's inability to actually do anything properly. You have to remember how important of a stat Crit Mit was, and how all content from the past 3 years has been heavily designed around it. But whatever. I hate the change for various reasons, and the casual players will love it. The funny thing is for casual players, as EQ2 gets more and more easy for them, they will still find things to complain about, and still suck at everything. I'd imagine that Critical Avoidance is the next stat to be removed.

Anklesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #68
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

They should 'pop off' all crit mit adorns and give us back the shards for them.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #69
Meare
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Lunar Tears

Loremaster

Here is an idea, take the amount of adornment (7% for red, 5% for yellow) and slap those directly onto the gear and remove the crit mit adorn. Then give an adornment reset and change all current crit mit adornments to tokens for 1 free armor adornment for each removed crit mit adornment "taken"

Meare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #70
Khiah
Server: Vox
Guild: Unleashed

Loremaster

Removed and replaced with hp? Seriously just replacing one bad idea with another.  The game seems to be more and more wowafied, no thinking at all more and more. I liked the old idea of all stats agil, wis, stam etc doing something for all classes we had to actually look at gear and decide what we needed or wanted and could make each class more different. Was really bummed when that was simplified. Didnt really like the whole idea of needing cm on every adorn slot, again not much thinking there just slap cm on every adorn slot and your gtg. Remove cm and just replace it w hp? So now instead of having a goal of cm to get to the next zone just a goal of 100k hp? bah.. whatever. Give some more thought into this please.. Either not removing it all together or offering a better replacement. And like wardens who have a cm buff you gonna replace that w hp too? Come on eq2 stood out on its ability to make each class different and some thought process went into classes and abilities.. if I wanted simplicity I would play WoW or some other boring game.. please give this a bit more thought into what replaces it.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #71
Addomortis

Lorekeeper

do we get our shards and plat back from buying CM adorns? (wishful thinking)

Addomortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #72
Felshades

Loremaster

Madie wrote:

Why not refund the plat/shards that was spent on CM adorns...  I'd be less inclined to put HP adorns on my healer then I was CM... sooooo If I could kindly just get my raid shards and plat back to pick what I want? Thank you 

We'll probably be required to have those stupid amounts of HP to survive bosses.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #73
Bratface

Loremaster

Mogrim wrote:

I need to say this as well.I don't care about you lowbies who haven't worked hard enough to get into the zones I've worked to get in. If you don't have enough gear to do more content, work as hard as the other people have who ARE in the content you want to be in.

You know I don't even raid any more and I think this really sucks for all of you raiders who worked so hard to get geared up for zones, what is all that work for when they turn around and remove it totally, what stat will is next to be removed after people have worked hard to aquire it?

Critmit means nothing to me because I don't play that part of the game, but others do and this is a kick in the you-know-what for them.

PS. I want a refund or a choice in how the CM adorns and gear I do have is changed, not just a blanket change to HP.

Oh and Mogrim wtb spoon!

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #74
Anklesteiner

Loremaster

This is also a major slap to the face to all raiders who have put in a tremendous amount of time, work, and effort over the past year.

Anklesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #75
Xenxex
Guild: Azure Skies

Loremaster

Temp +20k hp potions will appear on market place just in time for this change..cha-ching!

Xenxex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #76
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

i would put money on.. they are designing loot for the new raid/heroic zones.. and have no where to go with the crit mit stat.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #77
Dart56

Loremaster

The reason we raid hard mode content is because it is, well, hard. How about we keep the challenge for hard mode content and require crit mit in those zones, and remove it from all easy mode zones, but keep the values on gear? This way we keep all the people who don't understand mechanics of real raid zones out of them, but still give them content to raid.
Dart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #78
Kuulei

Tester

Friggles wrote:

So my Crit mit adornments will be replaced with a hipoint adornment. That sucks. What a waste of shards. Maybe remove the yellow adornments and give us our shards back so we can buy something more suitable.

PleaseLet us choose what we want to replace our current choice of adornment!

We put Crit Mit on there because it was needed.  With the removal of Crit Mit, maybe we want Crit Chance, Potency, or whatever is currently available.  A return of the currency used to purchase them or an NPC who can "exchange" any critical mitigation adornment for any choice that is currently allowed.  To delegate it to health / hitpoints because its 'easier' on the dev's is not fair to the players.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #79
LadyEdderkopp

Loremaster

The whole "I want my money back" thinking for crit mit adorns is a bit .. strange.

It's going to be changed into hp, you got crit mit to live now you will need hp instead so why would you change it? Is this to ensure you always have to have a shaman in your group?

I'd like some more info on this, is mob crit hit going to be removed completely or are the crit amount going to be decreased?

I think it's a bad idea, especially since my tank, a berserker, have no unique way of increasing it's hp.. No buffs, no AA's, nothing. And now crit mit is removed, the one thing my zerker could actually get SMILEY

It will be fun to see how this effect non-warding classes, a boost of hp should be good for them. More info and some clarification please.

LadyEdderkopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #80
luinnil

Loremaster

As a raid leader working on moving through Hard Mode who is tired of there being adornment spots on gear if the requirement is they all have to be crit mit anyway, all I can say is 'finally'.

I am however mildly nervous about whether the change will be made without instead requiring all those crit mit adorns to just stay as the HP ones they turn into.

I don't give a crap if people can suddenly kill a few mobs they couldn't, but I highly doubt people are just going to be steamrolling content as most of it is about much more than whether you have the magic crit mit number.  People with crap gear are still going to die all over the place since 30k hp isn't enough to survive AEs, and sometimes the 65k I have as a plate healer with ambrosial stuff isn't enough either.

There should be actual choice in yellow/red slot adornments and right now there simply is not.  For that reason alone this is a good change.

luinnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #81
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Lader wrote:

i will be interested in seeing how they...i wanted to say throttle progression, but its more test a guild's ability at killing a mob. waking up one day to see the entire roster of HM mobs dead will be sad

HM mobs are not killed because guilds are bad, not because they don't have the crit mit.

This really won't change much in terms of progression.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #82
Barx
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Callur@Crushbone wrote:

There should be actual choice in yellow/red slot adornments and right now there simply is not.  For that reason alone this is a good change.

There is choice. When you're first breaking into content with the lowest gear possible, you need all those crit mit adorns. As you gear up you need them less until you start breaking into the next level of content.

By the looks of it, all they're going to do is change it so that you need that HP instead. Only since the hp gained with gear is miniscule, you'll probably have LESS choice now with having to run hp adorns.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #83
Brildean

Loremaster

They arn't killed cause it requires having a roster of 24 people that know ins and outs of there class.. and those of which have to like to beat there head against a spiked wall for countless hours waiting for the perfect pull where everythign goes in favor and no one dies below 50%.. ? SMILEY There isn't many people left that will fit into that.

Brildean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #84
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:

i would put money on.. they are designing loot for the new raid/heroic zones.. and have no where to go with the crit mit stat.

We need Refunds for these please.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #85
Tempted

Loremaster

I am starting to think you guys may be panic or yelling for nothing. This is how I see it.

If you are a raider and already immune to crit via having enough crit mit this change will not effect how you do encounters at all. You will still get hit for the same amount as before just you wont need the crit mit.

Those same raiders are now free to custom thier own gear with whatever adorns they want.

For lesser geared raiders they will be able to do content thier raid force no longer had the crit mit for, it will still be hard for them because they have less gear less hp less dps ect. But thier raid will no longer be one shot by the first aoe critting on them.

The mobs are not being adjusted save for the crit bonus removed from them. So as far as this change, its equal to just having max crit mit value for every single mob nothing more nothing less.

Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #86
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

What I want to know is:

What mechanic will SoE use to keep a PUG raid of Ry'Gorr wearers out of Drunder HM?

If crit mit is being removed, what mechanic will replace it? If its just more HP required by the crit mit adorns you're replacing, you might as well just keep crit mit in.

A compromise of it not being removed *entirely,* but a requirement only for HM zones with it still dropping on EM+ gear and available as adornments would be preferred.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #87
Notask

Loremaster

This is going to be all screwed up if not done right...Like a fellow Eq2 players said to me today. It will either make or break the game.

Notask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #88
Yimway

Loremaster

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:

Nah, I think its just cause they finally realized its not fun, and the threads around here about how painful the gearing of recruits is was the catalyst to get something done about it.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #89
Tempted

Loremaster

Laenai@Oasis wrote:

What I want to know is:

What mechanic will SoE use to keep a PUG raid of Ry'Gorr wearers out of Drunder HM?

If crit mit is being removed, what mechanic will replace it? If its just more HP required by the crit mit adorns you're replacing, you might as well just keep crit mit in.

A compromise of it not being removed *entirely,* but a requirement only for HM zones with it still dropping on EM+ gear and available as adornments would be preferred.

Thier will be no false mechanic. People in that type of gear still wont be able to do the raids due to needed higher heals per second, dmg per second and tanks geared enough to take the hits.

Now a solid raid force could now recruit a rygorr person gear them some so they have some crit chance and make them stand max range now. That way the whole raid force does not need to farm EM and some HM for 2 weeks gearing them up.

But as far as PuG the standered mob mechanics and strats will take care of that. I think that hard core raider need not freak out thinking "thier" zones will be overrun by scubs setting up camp and pitching tents.

Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #90
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Please define "soon" so we can maximize our scheduling.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote