EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #61
Mascouti

Loremaster

Mascouti wrote:

Zone: Foundations of Stone HM

Mob: Legatus Prime Mikill

Time: 7/18/2011 8:45 PM PST

Server/Guild: Antonia Bayle - Ancient Prophecy

Guardian Tanking, running Mikill around in a circle (counter clockwise) around raid force.  Mob constantly warping behind tank, in front of tank, on top of raid force. When he ports behind tank, he stops briefly then fail script is activated. 

This still happens in both EM and HM.  Its been broken for months now.  Any chance for a fix sometime in the near future.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #62
Dojac
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew

Loremaster

Not trying to be a jerk but the last dev comment was 7/19.  WTB any kind of update even if its just still workin on it.

Dojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #63
Buzzing
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Cartel

Loremaster

I have been able to recreate this on several occassions and have found one thing that will change the results. For some reason the mob will start warping and going crazy when you rotate the camera at all. If I leave my camera alond AND do not use my auto run the mob does not warp and runs like it should.

Buzzing

Buzzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:51 AM   #64
Kryvak
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Undercon

Loremaster

Dojac@Vox wrote:

Not trying to be a jerk but the last dev comment was 7/19.  WTB any kind of update even if its just still workin on it.

Last dev comment was 7/19. Probably a sign that the devs are no longer monitoring this thread SMILEY. Try somewhere else maybe?

Usual Suspects

Everfrost
Kryvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #65
Mascouti

Loremaster

Buzzing@Butcherblock wrote:

I have been able to recreate this on several occassions and have found one thing that will change the results. For some reason the mob will start warping and going crazy when you rotate the camera at all. If I leave my camera alond AND do not use my auto run the mob does not warp and runs like it should.

Buzzing

We tried this on Friday and did not work for us.  Warps everytime we have guardian tanking, the one night we had brawler tanking, mob did not warp at all.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #66
Buzzing
Guild: The Cartel

Loremaster

Mascouti wrote:

Buzzing@Butcherblock wrote:

Buzzing

We tried this on Friday and did not work for us.  Warps everytime we have guardian tanking, the one night we had brawler tanking, mob did not warp at all.

I noticed that is would still warp some if I get rooted for any duration longer then 1 second or so. Did the guard have a warden?

Buzzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #67
Raviel
Server: Guk
Guild: Dream

Loremaster

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=506888

apparently, this thread hasnt been ignored

Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #68
Dojac
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew

Loremaster

So uh weird experience tonight in raid.  Went to take a look at mikill just to see if anything changed and we forgot to debuff him on the first pull.  Without the debuff the mob was still warping but it seemed to be shuffling more and we weren't getting the fail condition as quick.  The pull was noticeably smoother, still didn't kill it.  Dont know what that translates to though.

Dojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #69
IvyBlackrose

Lord

not sure if its the same issue the pet classes are having but whenever the tank body pulls if there is a pet class in the group every mob pulled totally ignores the tank no matter what he does and makes a beeline for the pet sometimes warping to get to the pet. ppl are blaming the agility line but to be honest i dont think thats what is causing it, and yes its easily reproduced and making pet classes almost unwanted in groups

Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #70
Undorett

Loremaster

so, are we just continuing to ignore the issue?

Undorett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #71
Geothe

Loremaster

why fix broken things, when you can just introduce yet more broken things instead!

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #72
Myxx
Guild: Lineage

Loremaster

Mascouti wrote:

Mascouti wrote:

Zone: Foundations of Stone HM

Mob: Legatus Prime Mikill

Time: 7/18/2011 8:45 PM PST

Server/Guild: Antonia Bayle - Ancient Prophecy

Guardian Tanking, running Mikill around in a circle (counter clockwise) around raid force.  Mob constantly warping behind tank, in front of tank, on top of raid force. When he ports behind tank, he stops briefly then fail script is activated. 

This still happens in both EM and HM.  Its been broken for months now.  Any chance for a fix sometime in the near future.

bumping as this is Still a problem as of 12-8-11 Butcherblock Server/Lineage, it actually seems worse now as Mikill now walks directly through the raid circle instead of following the tank around the outer edge

More complaints posted in this forum http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=510974 

Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #73
Netty

Loremaster

We see more and more warping now for some reason. Not only from this mob. Everything from trash to names. All tho it only matter on that mob most of the time. Im just remove the script... Its the most boring mob to tank in game as it is and i hope we will never see a mob like this ever again....

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #74
Jrel
Guild: Blackstar Rising

Loremaster

Yeah, the mob warping is consistent now.  Go through Drunder, and watch mobs on the outer pathways do their best Dance Dance Revolution moves in a fight.

Forgot to add that Mikil is ridiculous and just runs through the raid, and blinks forward (even so far as ahead of the tank at times) if we attempt a circle.

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote