EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #31
thatonepersonx

Augur

Good to see SOE listened to all of our feedback.. oh wait.

Were they waiting until GU56 was released to bother opening any feedback tickets at all? 

thatonepersonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #32
Draag

General

1st.. wow, the new halas zone looks horrible

2nd. BG open to more players is great.. sept that there arent enough to support all the maps..

3rd.... eh, why bother, not like you guys are gonna listen anyway

Draag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #33
Guleipho
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Restoration

Loremaster

I'm surprised I was able to log on at this time.

I created my barbarian, chose the berserker class, and ...

Hmmm, I can't click on Halas.

May I assume the patch isn't finished yet, or have I already found a bug?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #34
thephantomposter

Loremaster

Guleipho@Antonia Bayle wrote:

You need to fool around with your Profit/fetish ui, a few posts back is the solution.

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #35
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

If you have a custom UI the author has to update it.

Husband has to delete his because Halas sin't showing up.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #36
Nahlis

Loremaster

I loved being able to turn off the mount graphics and I liked the Glide on flying mounts but the one thing I really wish is that they would let Fae/Arasai use Glide regardless of mount.  As is I still have to mount/dismount constantly whenever I want to jump down from somewhere.  Really irritating.

On another note; anyone know off hand if there are any class restrictions on Barbarian's wanting to start in Halas?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #37
Guleipho

Loremaster

SisterTheresa wrote:

If you have a custom UI the author has to update it.

Husband has to delete his because Halas sin't showing up.

Greetings, my younger 'dorky' sister.

I find it amusing you didn't know it was me ;D

Old 05-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #38
Rudrick
Server: Venekor
Guild: Thats How We Roll

Loremaster

I know im wasting my time filling this out as everyone knows it takes atleast 6months or about 500,000 complaints for feedbacks to matter

1.) why nerf the zerker heal? because noobs dont know how to dispell it or stop using little fast hitting attacks, why not nerf the crusaders there still obviously SOEs favorite class way to op still

2.) dont know about other servers but on naggy   LL

AAAA

GGGGG

i remeber reading before venekor and naggy merged they got brand new servers to fix this problem. did they ninja those from us to give to BGs. it seems that way

Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #39
Guleipho

Loremaster

Vanyari@Antonia Bayle wrote:

I loved being able to turn off the mount graphics and I liked the Glide on flying mounts but the one thing I really wish is that they would let Fae/Arasai use Glide regardless of mount.  As is I still have to mount/dismount constantly whenever I want to jump down from somewhere.  Really irritating.

On another note; anyone know off hand if there are any class restrictions on Barbarian's wanting to start in Halas?

Don't make an "evil" class, or you won't be able to start there.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #40
Phurrin

Loremaster

I can't speak much to any of the other changes yet, but I'm very disappointed with the new shaders.

Characters look very dark and shiny to the point of being wet, framerates seem identical to without them except for ~10% extra GPU usage, STILL no built-in antialiasing support, and the fact that it was put live with known bugs (screen turning black at points) earns it a serious thumbs-down from me.

Phurrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #41
JadePaladin

Loremaster

I can't stay in game for more than a couple minutes before totally crashing.  I am going to try turning off Shader 3.0 to see if that helps at all.  I'll post an update when I determine if it is or not.

After turning off Shader 3.0 for a couple hours, client no longer crashes, so it looks to be a Shader 3.0 issue causing the client to crash.

JadePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #42
Dareena
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Dark Prophecy

Loremaster

Does anyone know where the Shader 3.0 settings are?  From all that I've been able to gather, the project is a buggy piece of trash.  It would be nice to know how to kill that thing the moment I enter the game and can verify this sad truth for myself.

Dareena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #43
DuneWarrior

Loremaster

Please make New Halas Neutral like Gorowyn. The fact that evil toons can not interact with NPC's in town etc, is frustrating. Im aware that the npc's outside New Halas will take my coin and do my bidding, however i dont see the logic for this AT ALL - except for the lore of the place, but then ... why make gorowynian NPC's that will trade with anyone ....

Anyway, i know the devs posted in the testing feedback about it, i just wanted to raise the issue again since it bothers the heck out of me wanting to explore new halas with evil toons etc. SMILEY

DuneWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #44
Malacha

General

Funny thing is, patch notes say that these have glide, but in fact they have featherfall. Glide is the ability to jump farther, and featherfall is the falling slower.

Maewyn | Maelya | Alania | Maehymn | Maelani (Account Canceled)
Malacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #45
thatonepersonx

Augur

Malachani wrote:

Funny thing is, patch notes say that these have glide, but in fact they have featherfall. Glide is the ability to jump farther, and featherfall is the falling slower.

Patch notes also used the incorrect form of then/than. =P 

...just saying.

thatonepersonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #46
Powers

Loremaster

Does anyone know if there's a convenient way out of New Halas if one doesn't have the Echoes of Faydwer expansion?  I can't test it myself because I do, but I'm concerned someone could get stuck.

Powers  &8^]

Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #47
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Malachani wrote:

Tbh SOE probably don't know the difference. Those that wrote the original specs will be long gone.

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #48
Eshaac

Tester

thephantomposter wrote:

The splash page looks great but when I go to create a toon, even a Barbarian, I get no Halas, just Kelethin, Neriak and Timorous Deep.

I logged in on another toon, when I go to travel all I get is a map with nothing on it and 2 black boxes on the bottom of it. Maybe because of Fetish UI? Gonna have to search :0)

Here is a link to the new fetish create new char screen so you can start in halas.. and not have to use default.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/...ead.php?t=14248

Enjoy

Eshaac

Test;

Eshaac 84 Ranger, 92 Jeweler ; Eshaack 92 Beastlord, 37 Provisioner ; Faelander 20 Assassin, 20 Woodworker

Curley 32 SK, 32 Alchemist ; Squint 20 Mystic, 22 Sage

Eshaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #49
PattontheGen

Loremaster

Well i have been waiting for Shader 3.0 for a long time now, but it is lacking to say the least. Everything seem rather dark.

On another note I can not seem to log in both my accounts at the same time now. When i try to one of them gets a EQ2 client error and crash's to the desk top......sigh......before SF expansion I could box both my accounts with little to no lagg, then came SF and the lagg is horried while boxing, now I can't even load up both accounts.....my lord! It just seems the longer this game goes on and the more updates they do to it the WORSE the game seems to run.  

UPDATE: Well it seems that shader 3.0 is causing both my account to get a EQ2 client error.

Logged in my account turned on shader 3.0 and other than things pitch black just about the game ran fine, then i loaded up my 2nd account logged in clicked on the wizzy spire and got a EQ2 client error which dropped me to desk top. So I thought it might just have beeb bad luck, so i logged that account in again and as soon as the toon appeared on the screen I got the same error/crash.

So i think logged out my account that was still up and running fine and logged it back in and called back to the guild hall. As soon as i landed in the guild hall bamb the same client error. So i loaded that account up again and logged back in and got same crash.

Finally i just logged into the character select screen when to options and turned shader 3.0 off and all is well again......So it seems there is some kind of issue with shader 3.0.....sigh

PattontheGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #50
Rijacki

Tester

Powers wrote:

Does anyone know if there's a convenient way out of New Halas if one doesn't have the Echoes of Faydwer expansion?  I can't test it myself because I do, but I'm concerned someone could get stuck.

Powers  &8^]

World bell works if the griffon doesn't.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #51
VikingGamer

Lord

Powers wrote:

Powers  &8^]

I know that the 14 day trial, if simply subscribed to without buying any expansion, comes with everything up to Kunark. My guess is that all accounts now have access to Faydwer and Kunark regardless what expanions have been purchased.

we must crush their will to even fight.

Then our children may know peace.
VikingGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #52
Ristan
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Contempt

Loremaster

Having 3 issues, one may be an ongoing issue.

1. When I turn on shader 3, heat particle effects on the Lava carpet, and conjuror fire pet turn into white squares around the flame chunks.  Odly this doesn't happen with fire horses, so I'm assuming it has to do with the "heat shimmer".  Have tried rebooting the client and changing heat shimmer options but nothign changes it.

2. I don't know if this is intended, but the black particle effects on my blue and black tiger mount from SC are missing, now it has light blue flame in it's eyes and poofing when it runs, yesterday it had black where it is now light blue, and there are no particles around it's feet.  Minor, but the tiger just lost a touch of cool factor if this is intended.

3. GPU shader when turned on, turns people outside of the shadows semi invisable, where i can see through their bodies, this hasn't happened to me previously when using shadows.

I have /buged 1 and 3.

Starseeker * Arendul * Ristan * Kyraine * Saewyn * Lyiana * Kicx * Elegi * Anomandaris My Houses: Starseeker's Suite--The Tinkerdome 1.0-- The Tinkerdome 2.0

Ristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #53
Gungo

Loremaster

Everyone has access up to and including ROK. Even a renewed original release account.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #54
Malacha

General

Rayne Singer wrote:

After the first 10 mins of touring New Halas..I really loved the new player housing.  COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED IN THE GUILD HALL.  after seeing the other housing I couldn't wait to see the guildhall.  What a lazy cop out. very disappointed.

QFT QFT QFT QFT!!!! I was completely excited and had talked the hubby into letting us move our alt guild to Halas. I zone in to check it out and was just floored at the absolute mockery they made of it. What's the deal dev's? I would have rather you just told us guild halls weren't available in Halas than this slap in the face.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #55
GrunEQ

Tester

It would really liven up the game if the guild halls reflected the flavor of the cities they are in.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #56
Gungo

Loremaster

Malachani wrote:

Rayne Singer wrote:

After the first 10 mins of touring New Halas..I really loved the new player housing.  COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED IN THE GUILD HALL.  after seeing the other housing I couldn't wait to see the guildhall.  What a lazy cop out. very disappointed.

QFT QFT QFT QFT!!!! I was completely excited and had talked the hubby into letting us move our alt guild to Halas. I zone in to check it out and was just floored at the absolute mockery they made of it. What's the deal dev's? I would have rather you just told us guild halls weren't available in Halas than this slap in the face.

None of the cities have themed guild halls. While it would be cool to see tier 1/2/3 neriak, gorowyn, Halas, kelethin guild halls.They never existed. what impression gave people Halas would be different? Although i agree at some point in the future if they intend to keep these the only 4 starter zones for some time it would be cool to at least have tier 1/2 themed guild halls. Tier 3 might be its own project, but likewise would be awesome.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
Anestacia

Loremaster

I think the update is wonderful so far.  I have not experienced it all yet, but I do have a concern with the Shader 3.  On the things that it works on, it makes this game extraordinary.  The level of detail is really amazing.  However, there is quite a lot of buggy parts such as wrong colors, texture problems with particle effects and some things with zero detail at all...just all black.  I know the shader has been in the works a long time and has been worked on very hard but I don't feel that it's ready for the Live servers.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #58
Malacha

General

Gungo wrote:

Malachani wrote:

Rayne Singer wrote:

None of the cities have themed guild halls. While it would be cool to see tier 1/2/3 neriak, gorowyn, Halas, kelethin guild halls.They never existed. what impression gave people Halas would be different? Although i agree at some point in the future if they intend to keep these the only 4 starter zones for some time it would be cool to at least have tier 1/2 themed guild halls. Tier 3 might be its own project, but likewise would be awesome.

Because of this: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...ead/042010/3518

Will there be access to the T1 guildhalls like there are in the other starting cities like Neriak, Gorowyn, and Kelethin?

Definitely!

Why add the picture to THIS particular question? They could have moved that picture to another question, and not had a picture at all. The placement of the question and the picture led lots of people to believe that the guild halls would be something special.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #59
Darkshadow

Loremaster

According to the patch notes:

Added yellow slot adornments to ALL level 80+ mastercrafted armor.

However, this is NOT so.  Level 90 MC armor does NOT have a yellow slot, so maybe we should clearly state whether or not it is SUPPOSED to be ALL level 80+ MC armor and not simply  ALL level 80+ NON-PVP MASTERCRAFTED armor.

Also I know technically shard armor is Legendary, not Mastercrafted, was just curious if it is supposed to count towards that or not.

Antonia_Bayle's 1st Level 18 Shadowknight
"For every man you don't kill, Chuck Norris kills seven."
Darkshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #60
Imago-Quem

Developer

PattontheGen wrote:

Well i have been waiting for Shader 3.0 for a long time now, but it is lacking to say the least. Everything seem rather dark.

On another note I can not seem to log in both my accounts at the same time now. When i try to one of them gets a EQ2 client error and crash's to the desk top......sigh......before SF expansion I could box both my accounts with little to no lagg, then came SF and the lagg is horried while boxing, now I can't even load up both accounts.....my lord! It just seems the longer this game goes on and the more updates they do to it the WORSE the game seems to run.  

UPDATE: Well it seems that shader 3.0 is causing both my account to get a EQ2 client error.

Logged in my account turned on shader 3.0 and other than things pitch black just about the game ran fine, then i loaded up my 2nd account logged in clicked on the wizzy spire and got a EQ2 client error which dropped me to desk top. So I thought it might just have beeb bad luck, so i logged that account in again and as soon as the toon appeared on the screen I got the same error/crash.

So i think logged out my account that was still up and running fine and logged it back in and called back to the guild hall. As soon as i landed in the guild hall bamb the same client error. So i loaded that account up again and logged back in and got same crash.

Finally i just logged into the character select screen when to options and turned shader 3.0 off and all is well again......So it seems there is some kind of issue with shader 3.0.....sigh

We're working on perfecting all the zone lights now that we have more people exploring the lands and exposing sight issues.

Also, for your crash and black screen, do you have r_aa_blit on in your eq2 ini file?  This is not currently working with shader 3 in the version shipped with GU56.

Graphics Programmer - EQ II & PlanetSide 2

Sony Online Entertainment

Personal URL:TheGraphicsPoint.com
Imago-Quem is offline   Reply With Quote