EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #61
Yimway

Loremaster

steelbadger wrote:

In fact make most of the quests in The Hole group update with auto-updates.  I don't want to have 10 different types of 'token' in my bags.

They were done this way so you could work an area and get enough items for multiple turn-ins without having to constently run back and forth.  If they actually dropped at a rate you could do more than one quest in an hour, this would be a good thing.

The no-trade flag had to be added to prevent a broker exploit =/

I agree, clicking that window 100x/ night gets old.  Perhaps a client setting to disable the confirmation?

Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #62
steelbadger

Loremaster

Just finished Demitrik's Bastion.

Not a fun zone.

1)  Being forced to kill nigh on every single mob in the zone is not fun.  They're spread out with almost no chance of gettings adds, it's just a forced grind.  I know it's a pretty cool looking zone but I don't need to be forced to look at every nook and cranny, especially with this ultra contrived method.

2)  Further, the mobs you're forced to kill either require more leet mario skillz or pet pulls, if we didn't have a pet I'm sure one or two would have been impossible to pull (even with my 55m range bow).

3)  Protector Ghondu:  Once you kill the first Protector, if you fail to kill one of the rats in time you get two.  If you then kill one of the two Ghondus both rats start summoning new Ghondus.  I dunno if this is intentional but it certainly seemed fairly lame.  We didn't wipe but would the fight reset to one ghondu if we did?  Luckily we noticed that we only needed to kill one Ghondu to break their immunity and so were able to kill both with one Ghondu up.

4)  Schteek Tavinos:  Was going to be a very derogitory part of the post until I started interrupting him.  I suppose it's ok.  Though he does aggro, despite being non aggro.

5)  Shroombis the Coerced:  It seems that the Mark of Manaar quest 'Shroom Prune' requires you to kill Coercer Pittles before Shroombis (we only got the update for Coercer Pittles on our quest, no update from Shroombis) when this is impossible, Pittles is immune to damage until Shroombis is dead.

6)  Nayt the Gatekeeper.  Boring fight.  Very boring.  I'm a guard and I could have gone afk for all the help I was, expecially considering he does most of the dmg to himself.  Infact he chain rocks-himself (the damage of each rock triggers his next rock) so we basically sat at the side doing nothing until the last 5%.  Not fun.  I would like to be the one to kill mobs please, watching just isn't the same.

7)  Demitrik:  Where to start!  The window for clicking is approx 0.5 seconds and sometimes he heals anyway.  If you click too fast he bugs and heals while the bot flies away (and you have to break the fight and start again).  If he is knocked down/stunned when he should port he instead ports to the tank and heals anyway (and you have to break the fight and start again).  And sometimes he heals a bit anyway even if wrenched in time.  The wrench cannot be used before he ports.  If he does mess up a port then he and the bot go out of sync and he starts healing without the bot and it's impossible to kill him.

We got him on our third pull (long pulls) thanks on one side to me, noticing that clicking too fast was bugging it and getting the wrench clicker to click only after he ports and secondly to the wrench clicker (Neotex take a bow) who noticed that when he fails to port there is a little flicker at the point he should have ported to to indicate the port had gone off.  After we got those bugs worked out the fight was merely bad.

And there was the pathing too (because we had to petpull/long range bowpull some of the forced mobs).  The mobs could take forever to make it to us.  Thank god they don't leash is all I'll say.

Please please fix these kinds of glaring issues.

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #63
Lortet

Loremaster

One good - Amazon managed to deliver to a small country town in Australia on the 18th Feb - considering it was still the 17th in the US at that time that's incredibly fast.

and the bad - my team of level lock/100% aa sliders who have all just equipped new MC armour now are wearing gimped gear - the battle clerics all in Str gear, crusaders with Int, fury with Int, scouts str. Not a fan of the one size/type fits all mentality.

hate the aa respec - reset 5 characters so far and all have had major nerfs if I go simply by the stats resulting from the redistribution and that despite gaining the 4 points per column previously only adding stats

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:09 AM   #64
janmystique

Loremaster

To get it over with, the launch issues for me. Badly done indeed! As well as the difficulty of getting the activation code, patching day for Splitpaw brought the almost inevitable delays. So often does Splitpaw get a delayed launch that I do think that either the server needs replacing or there is some conspiracy to get the US servers launched ahead of the rest! It has left a bad taste.

Many positive things in the game:

The graphics/design is excellent. Well done to all those involved.

Moving around the area without zoning is great. 

The new quests encourage you to find your way around and generally break you in gently which is good. More faction based quests for both adventuring and tradeskilling is something I like. Very pleased to find the Far Seas Supply Division has an outpost in Paineel.

Not sure about the music that keeps poping up in the most aggravating manner, despite my having the music turned off. Is it significant?

No shiny collections done by me yet as I shall wait to see if there are rewards that I would like. I like practical things for rewards like my RoK glasses. I already have more than enough no-trade house items.

Glad to see quest rewards for armour is now usable by the alt that did the quests. It was so disappointing before to follow a quest line only to get armour that I could neither wear nor trade.

Transport is imaginative as always. I think you very cleverly blend the modern hi-tech convenience with the fantasy. I would not like to see ultra modern technology in the game and yet portals, lifts etc make getting around so much easier. It rarely occurs to me that bows and arrows and hi-tech portals don't mix since it is it all put together so well.

And finally, although not in the new expansion, the chronomages are a top idea! I am happy enough now to level quickly and then mentor myself down as it gives me choice.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #65
Turuphantom

Loremaster

The expansion is amazing visually and the instance zones are a lot of fun with the exception of a few mobs where their script could be a little more clear.

Secondly, why is it that every time the new expansion comes out something goes wrong with a major questline. In EoF it was the Swords of Destiny line taking months to be fully active. Epic weapons came in late and now it seems that you forgot to add the artifacts for The Footsteps of Dartain: Emergence. I have been all over the Outer Vault looking for the artifacts. I did manage to find an "artifact" in Spirit's Resonance but it did not update the quest. Is the zone listed wrong or is the quest just not finished yet and you put in a roadblock?

As annoying as it is to not have a quest even in the game, it is even more annoying to have the quest and not the updates.

Turuphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #66
Lordsguard

Loremaster

I have a few questions

1) Like so many people here have asked, why don't we have a test server or even a beta server for PvP so many of the issues listed since expansion could have been somewhat worked out?

2) With the coming of the battlegorunds is it SOE's intentions to completely kill the open world PvP servers, to free up resources? As from my perspective this is where your changes are leading.

3) Can you answer truthfully?

Old 02-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #67
Dulissa
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Sneezeweed@Splitpaw wrote:

To get it over with, the launch issues for me. Badly done indeed! As well as the difficulty of getting the activation code, patching day for Splitpaw brought the almost inevitable delays. So often does Splitpaw get a delayed launch that I do think that either the server needs replacing or there is some conspiracy to get the US servers launched ahead of the rest! It has left a bad taste.

Many positive things in the game:

The graphics/design is excellent. Well done to all those involved.

Moving around the area without zoning is great. 

The new quests encourage you to find your way around and generally break you in gently which is good. More faction based quests for both adventuring and tradeskilling is something I like. Very pleased to find the Far Seas Supply Division has an outpost in Paineel.

Not sure about the music that keeps poping up in the most aggravating manner, despite my having the music turned off. Is it significant?

No shiny collections done by me yet as I shall wait to see if there are rewards that I would like. I like practical things for rewards like my RoK glasses. I already have more than enough no-trade house items.

Glad to see quest rewards for armour is now usable by the alt that did the quests. It was so disappointing before to follow a quest line only to get armour that I could neither wear nor trade.

Transport is imaginative as always. I think you very cleverly blend the modern hi-tech convenience with the fantasy. I would not like to see ultra modern technology in the game and yet portals, lifts etc make getting around so much easier. It rarely occurs to me that bows and arrows and hi-tech portals don't mix since it is it all put together so well.

And finally, although not in the new expansion, the chronomages are a top idea! I am happy enough now to level quickly and then mentor myself down as it gives me choice.

The music you hear is for the video when you get to the Panda area. It's been discussed in another thread. It is a bug as only the person watching the video is supposed to hear it, not everyone in the zone lol. The devs are aware of it though and I'm sure it will be hotfixed soon.

Dulissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #68
Skeez1e

Tester

I come from the just kill it - don't tradeskill it school of how to play MMOs but while I've been waiting for digital download date to happen (anyone mentioned that was a dumb idea btw?) I decided to level a tradeskiller (I did buy one hard copy of the game, I'm a boxer).  Man oh man, the SF tradeskill quests definitely beat the writ method of levelling.  While they aren't going to convert me to a tradeskill fanatic, I have to say - great job, way less painful this way!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #69
janmystique

Loremaster

Toressa@Antonia Bayle wrote:

The music you hear is for the video when you get to the Panda area. It's been discussed in another thread. It is a bug as only the person watching the video is supposed to hear it, not everyone in the zone lol. The devs are aware of it though and I'm sure it will be hotfixed soon.

lol Toressa! I can't wait to see a panda now you mentioned it! A panda plushie would be nice.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #70
janmystique

Loremaster

Skeez1e wrote:

I come from the just kill it - don't tradeskill it school of how to play MMOs but while I've been waiting for digital download date to happen (anyone mentioned that was a dumb idea btw?) I decided to level a tradeskiller (I did buy one hard copy of the game, I'm a boxer).  Man oh man, the SF tradeskill quests definitely beat the writ method of levelling.  While they aren't going to convert me to a tradeskill fanatic, I have to say - great job, way less painful this way!

I totally agree here. I have nine level 80 crafters and am not so keen on writ grinding as the only way to level. I like to be out and about having adventures. Love it!

Old 02-21-2010, 05:19 AM   #71
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

My biggest complaint about SF is the bad bad horrendous omg I cannot MOOOOVE lag I get.

Be it Paineel, Stonebrunt Highlands, Kerra Isle, Toxxulia Forest (omg TF), Eye of Dartain, anywhere I have bad bad slide show lag.

Even running around in Extreme Performance, I stil get laggage.  And I have to have all particle effects off, which really blows because you need the particles to see the root glimmers, and for part of the crafting quest.  The feathers and claw sheaths are glowies.  In Quel'Ule, you need to find green glowies, from the warding placements to the gathering of green glowy mounds of dirt to green glowy rocks.

I finally limped my way thru it on Pheep, but no way I can do it again on my other 7 crafters.

And there's no way I can do any adventuring.  Whenever I kill anything with Pheep, and I have spell effects to zero, everything is down to nothing, I lag horridly.

I can't craft in Paineel, Quel'Ule, or have any portables.  I have a 2-3 second lag when I start the recipe, and anywhere from a 3-5 second lag from hitting a counter to counter events.

I'm missing out on all of the neat graphics I hear everyone talk about.  I don't dare do any instances.

I literally cannot play anywhere in SF.

Yes, I've posted over at the Tech Support forum, but have yet to receive any reply.

So, guess it's good so many do like SF.  I did like and love what little I could see and do of it.  It's just too bad that I can't do anymore and have to shelve my account for now. SMILEY

Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #72
Lethe5683

Loremaster

The servers are crap and lagging horribly in the new overland zones, even on off times of day.  Fix it.

PS: The expansion hasen't even had it's full release yet with the digital release comming up this tuesday, if the lag is already this bad just wait and see what it's like on tuesday.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #73
Kain-UK

Loremaster

Okay... my feedback thus far...

1) The expansion looks amazing. Visually, it is very, very stunning. However, it does seem to cause more system load than any other expansion thus far. That might need looking into.

2) Lag is very bad on high-population servers (I play on Antonia Bayle). I managed to finish all the quests... eventually... but this is another issue that needs looking into. A few people have stated they have major problems solo'ing the quests due to spell and CA lag.

3) I have to admit... I was hoping for enough quests to hit 90. I was disappointed to find that finishing all Sundered Frontier and Stonebrunt Highlands quests, including the collections in those zones AND the collections those give when completed, plus XP pots and full vitality, only got me to level 86 and 99% to 87. If you're going for the "cater to any playstyle" route, then we shouldn't have to grind repeatables or dungeons to get the last 3 levels. Thankfully, I never did finish Moors... so I'm now levelling there.

4) T9 skills need looking into. Experts are barely an upgrade vs T8 Masters... sometimes not at all. Most people are only taking them so they can use the Research Assistants to get T9 Masters.

5) The different factions are pretty good... I like how they all have different items we can get. SMILEY It would be nice if we didn't have so much of a faction grind though! For example, doing the quest lines, you can get 50k with Paineel and Deepwater Knights, but only 16k with Disciples of the Circling Destiny, 30k with Kerra Isle and 32k with the Hua Mein. Would be good to bring them all a bit closer to each other...

6) Jin'tu's Gift and the Quel'Ule teleport stone. Fantastic ideas! Would be nice to be able to use them anywhere in the world though... make travel a bit easier.

7) OMG I love the Conjuror changes! I actually feel like a DPS class! Now I just wish other people would realise that. SMILEY

That's about all I got! :p

Elnan Tarmikos: 90/250 Shadowknight

Teion Orval: 90/250 Guardian
Kain-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #74
Tehom

Loremaster

I've been very happy with my single-group experiences so far. The zones have been highly entertaining and interesting, and some of them were surprisingly challenging for even well-geared level 90 groups. My raiding experience so far hasn't been bad doing the easier encounters, though since we haven't encountered any dps checks yet I have a small concern that this may lead to an overemphasis on healer-stacking among more casual raid forces to the exclusion of allowing dps classes spots. I haven't really been disappointed and overall enjoyed the raiding so far, just not as delighted as I have been with how surprisingly creative the single group stuff has been.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #75
ZerkerDwarf

Loremaster

This is what berserkers are still in need of:* The level 52 open AE rescue should not trigger when it hits nothing (since it is a blue icon).* The TSO AA AE rescue should be castable without a target (since it is a blue icon).* The SF end ability should have a higher healrate, since it is something special for the class.* Vision of Madness seems to be broken at all. It does not prevent death. When it is working at all again, it should heal you to 100% within three seconds, i.e. 33% every second (fully AA specced).* The berserk proc's upgrade in SF is a joke. What are 3% more dps and haste good for in comparison to the T8 master? All haste and dps buffs of all classes increase in T9 and so you end up with 253 haste and dps mod (raid group) instead of 250. While other tank classes get upgrades of their spells, one of our class defining spells' upgrade is totally useless. Instead of pushing haste and dps more and more into the uselessness of diminishing returns, it should have a component that is usefull still in T9, such as a noticable AE damage proc. Or add a 50% chance to resist a stiffle, stun, charm, root, fear and mezz attack to the berserk proc (while haste and dps a bit reduced).* We need true 360° AE power. Our one and only 360° attack should be castable every 10 seconds and should have much higher damage.* The additional front AE is useless. Due to its long cast time it prevents precious auto attack (single wielding) which causes much higher damage. So using this spell diminishes the AE damage. It may hit more mobs at once than an autoattack, but a bunch of mobs gathers 360° around you however you move, so that it does not hit more mobs that an autoattack does.* The green encounter AE should have a casting time of 0.5 seconds.* Weapon Aegis is a joke. On level 90 it seems to have level 40 damage. T9 master should cause 2000+ damage on all enemies around at once.* Remove the annoying berserk requirement from Adrenaline. The level 80 specials are meant to be something special for your class and not one step forward immediately followed by a half step backwards. Further it should not prevent you going berserk after it expires. When it expires, you are more in need of Vision of Madness and Unyielding Will again which are suppressed then so to speak.* The EoF cyclone end ability has always been totally useless. A slight area and hate amount increase for our two taunts. For how much aggro are these two taunts responsible during a fight? 3%? That cyclone end ability should rather make your autoattack hit mobs 360° around you or it should increase the range of autoattacks (just like the swashy can spec) or it should make your autoattack hit eight mobs at once (or all this together). There does not seem to have been much brainstorming about the berserker's abilities. Seems like all good ideas went to the crusaders and with no ideas left the berserker's AA trees and other stuff have been tailored last minute.Primarily this should be seen as constructive brainstorming.

The SF world itself is THE nicest ever in Norrath. Good architecture, nice colours and textures. It just feels smooth and pleasant.

ZerkerDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #76
Hamervelder

Loremaster

The Good:

The expansion is visually stunning.  Beautiful, and immersive.

The progression through the quest lines is smooth and (mostly) enjoyable.

There is much plat to be made.

Holy Ground (paladin ability) is actually useful now!

The Bad:

The drastic and unnecessary nerf to Bite of the Wolf.  The warden epic really isn't even worth getting now.

The lag and performance drop in Toxxulia's Forest diminishes the enjoyability of the expansion.

The drastic and unnecessary nerf to Bite of the Wolf.  The warden epic really isn't even worth getting now.

Quest item rewards in Sundered Frontier are mostly useless, for priests anyway.

The transport flight paths are too long.  Please make them fly straighter.  I want to get where I'm going, not see every sight in Odus.

While the expansion does look amazing, the overland zones are a bit on the small side.  It would be nice to have a larger area to explore, especially in the Stonebrunt Highlands.

Level 95 city guards make it impossible to complete several quests, including To Speak As a Dragon.  What were you guys thinking with this change?  Like the nerf to BoTW, you guys clearly didn't think this one through.  The guards need to be reverted, as does the nerf to BoTW.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #77
Alienor

Loremaster

The good: - the crafting quests are quite nice and of great diversity (compared to the RoK faction grind). - adv progression is also smooth. The not so good: - The launch. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, well, I guarantee this won't happen. Ever. Do not try it (and please, do not tempt me). I really hope you have understood that the way you have chosen was not the brightest idea.

- Why does every solo overland mob seem to have the need to stun me? Might be funny for a tank, but for squishies this is just annoying.

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #78
Bacci
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Free Spirits

Loremaster

The new area is beautiful.

New crafting quests are nice.

The testing was not enough. Class, skill and item changes are too much and will impact the game more than you can foresee.

PVP had zero testing - now we have tons of issues on pvp.

Battlegrounds = not pvp server. So testing battlegrounds does not replace testing pvp.

Many issus with city guards.

My impression:

You have a development team that has no clue about the core game.

So they build new content and damage the old constantly. You should make it a duty for your devs to learn about the game especially essential quests ( like to speak as a dragon for example), before they may work on it.

Bacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #79
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Question to the DEVS. This is a "General Feedback" thread and a few people (most notably Steelbadger) have spent a considerable amount of time giving detailed feedback. Would it hurt too much if you lived up to your promise of last year to provide more "to and fro" with the subscriber base and perhaps give a brief update on some of the issues raised? I'm pretty sure that some of the "issues" will prove to be intentional and, if we are told that, we can stop reporting them to you.

Overall in my experience the expac generally has been targetted at too low a level of gear/skill/ability/experience. It will be interesting to see this week when the more casual players begin the "grind" just how easy they find it.

Just one point, previously brought up by Steelbadger, the "underconned" drake. I too was rather unpleasantly surprised by this (solo) yellow ^ after having taken down the (heroic) yellow ^^ Rungupp. Compare these with taking down green ^^^ in City of Mists and I would say the drake was by far the hardest and Rungupp easiest. I can live with mobs from different expansions being of varying difficulties however I really can't see why within the one expansion you can't accurately flag the mobs according to their "strength". Otherwise, what is the point of the "con" system?

Oh, and finally, the lag... O........M......................G...!

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #80
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Could I suggest that next time you send out beta invites you make a note of those who have provided constructive feedback, in this thread and elsewhere, and ensure those individuals are asked to participate rather than just ushering in the "yes men" from Fan Faire from whom you are unlikely to receive anything remotely resembling critical feedback. Indeed, just look back at your feedback reports from this last beta. Anyone that didn't provide any feedback should be flagged as undesirable to the cause next time. Too many people see a beta invite as an opportunity to preview the game rather than providing a constructive service (for which we pay for the benefit I would stress), and SOE (I believe) just views it as a chance to stress test the developing build. This time it shows.

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #81
Enever

Loremaster

So far One negative...

My game has yet to arrive from Amazon, being as I preorded it the day it was made to do so. Now it's the 22nd, and the game did not show up yet....seriously?

Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #82
Obadiah

Loremaster

TSO for me was the least laggy expansion at launch. This one is even better so far. I hear a lot of people complaining, but from my perspective things have gotten progressively better every expansion. The exception seems to be right around the city of Paineel, where I wouldn't want to craft.

The crafting questlines are very cool. It's very nice having another path to leveling besides just making things over and over again. Why is it though, that these crafting-focused villages CAN'T SPRING FOR CRAFTING STATIONS!?!?

I know The Hole is supposed to be easy, but ... wow. That's easy. TBH I don't like going in with a group because it spreads the quest update drops around too much. I'd rather go myself.

The Gruengach illusion is causing people a lot of confusion. It's a convoluted mechanic that should be explained better somehow before people shoot themselves in the foot with respect to faction.

Fantastic mix of methods to level. Best ever. You can do most (if not all) of it solo if you want, or small group in The Hole, or solo/group in TSO/RoK content. Some of the quest lines (Stonebrunt Highlands in particular) get annoying and dull.

Please for the love of all that is right and good find a way to make respeccing/spending AA points faster.

Please also never ever ever ever ever have disparate launch dates like this. It would be comforting to hear from someone that you have learned the lesson on this ubiquitously hated decision.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #83
Gonzo550

Loremaster

We're still waiting for guards to be as uber as SKs. Brenlo remember dragoncon

I could list tons of suggestions on but we tried to iron out issues on the beta forums for months with NO repeat NO response from SOE. Why did we beta test this product if you weren't going to pay attention to our ideas?

other than this the expac was TOO easy to level. People hit lvl90 4 hours after launch. There was an exploit found in The Hole which made it the most popular place in the game until it was fixed Friday. One guy on the server said he turned in 700 plat of collections to hit lvl84 and held-up quests to hit lvl86 before grinding in the Hole to 90 in just a few hours. Persoonally I worked for five days to hit lvl90 but I believe this was still too easy. I did every quest I could find with my exp slider set to 0 and accumulated only 12 AAs. If I'd set it higher of course I'd have gotten more AAs but probably not hit 90. I would like to see a system where it takes at least two weeks to level to max, there are plenty of quests that are easy to find (SF has a very non-linear feel at times) and gets you to say 80% of the max AAs.

Of course this is another suggestion, and we know someone really really reads them. oh sure

Gonzo550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #84
Dasein

Loremaster

Armus@Crushbone wrote:

I could list tons of suggestions on but we tried to iron out issues on the beta forums for months with NO repeat NO response from SOE. Why did we beta test this product if you weren't going to pay attention to our ideas?

other than this the expac was TOO easy to level. People hit lvl90 4 hours after launch. There was an exploit found in The Hole which made it the most popular place in the game until it was fixed Friday. One guy on the server said he turned in 700 plat of collections to hit lvl84 and held-up quests to hit lvl86 before grinding in the Hole to 90 in just a few hours. Persoonally I worked for five days to hit lvl90 but I believe this was still too easy. I did every quest I could find with my exp slider set to 0 and accumulated only 12 AAs. If I'd set it higher of course I'd have gotten more AAs but probably not hit 90. I would like to see a system where it takes at least two weeks to level to max, there are plenty of quests that are easy to find (SF has a very non-linear feel at times) and gets you to say 80% of the max AAs.

Of course this is another suggestion, and we know someone really really reads them. oh sure

For the next expansion, they can just restrict you to one level every 24 hours. Maybe allow you to earn up to 50% of your next level in XP, but anything beyond that would be lost.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #85
Gungo

Loremaster

Elhonas@Antonia Bayle wrote:

The proc scales with level and crits on every heal. Making it actually produce more power then before. Also the more crit bonus you get the better the power proc. It's actually better then before.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #86
Robfj120

Loremaster

Is there anyway to get the map icons for group members switched back to the version that displayed each person as a number?  The current black dots are not as helpful.

Robfj120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #87
Torri
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lioncourt

Loremaster

Good- Amazing artwork.

Bad- lag. I can't play my Swash at peak. I open with stealth'd stun from behind, and the stun wears off and the mob turns before I can use any of my 3 follow up rear attacks.

Overrated- Myth changes. The Warden change has not destroyed the class, contrary to some people's squaking

Tons of quests...I'm ready to drown kittens from all the pointless running back and forth...and back and forth...and back and forth...and back to Paineel...and back and forth...you get the idea.

Torri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #88
FimisOrbe

Loremaster

Raids are boring as Hell, better to go back to TSO like Progression. Either you make a Zone so easy that all Mobs are no Challenge or you make them completely OP.

Thanks to Non Cureable AE's that run for around 10 seconds and reducing Crits or Base Damage. I don't get what the Problem is with Curing, making Damage Shields non Cureable is okay, but don't do it on AE's, that's the stupidest Idea you can have.

Also having Ring events to do over and over again for a Hard Mode Mob just to wipe after 20-40 secs. Great Idea, lets put in more of those Mobs please, horrible Timesink and just boring.

Even after the first night of Raiding, you want to punch someone and if you think that you can raid those Zones for over a Year...

On the other Side, some of the Group Zones are really fun. The Erudin and Vasty Deep Zones are pretty great to Run.

FimisOrbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #89
steelbadger

Loremaster

Armus@Crushbone wrote:

I've seen lots of problems in the new expac but my Guard certainly isn't one of them.  Admittedly I was fairly well geared going into the expansion but I'm currently specced for 110% crit, 100% DA and 40% aoe auto.  I picked up Improved Moderate first thing and have found aggro to be pretty easy.  I can now happily group up with comparably geared swashies and warlocks with no dirge/coercer in the group, pull many multiple encounters at once and hold 90% of the mobs for 90% of the time which is fine for me (I generally miss one or two in pulls of more than 10 or so due to aoe limitations).

I'm having good fun in the instances I've done so far (with the exception of Demitriks, but that wasn't because of guards), far more than I ever had in comparable circumstances in TSO.  I now try to pull at least 3 groups of mobs at once every time.  As long as the healer can deal with it, because we finally have a real ability to reliably deal with that kind of situation.

I dunno if I want to be uberer than that.

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #90
Hamervelder

Loremaster

Gungo wrote:

Elhonas@Antonia Bayle wrote:

The proc scales with level and crits on every heal. Making it actually produce more power then before. Also the more crit bonus you get the better the power proc. It's actually better then before.

You're out of your mind.  It has a chance to proc on every heal.  The proc rate got nerfed by almost 70%, because it doesn't proc from all group members anymore.  Those of us that had nearly 100% crit chance before SF already had a 50% chance for BoTW to proc, so the change to 50% from any heal doesn't benefit us at all.  Losing 10 procs per round of casting has killed us though.  We (the warden community) have provded plenty of proof about this.  Please, do some research before you post.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote