EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #31
Ashtar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Immortal Valor

Loremaster

Looks like a pretty impressive expansion, except for the whole "the expansion broke the servers" thing......this is how many expansions into the EQ2 line now? You'd think this would all be pretty well under control by now.

Ashtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #32
Calain80

Loremaster

There is one change that actually hinders my gameplay quite a bit: The city guards in Qeynos and Freeport are now level 95. Our raidforce has members from at least 10 guilds. Until now we used the T2 guild hall of our "main" guild. Now all evil players will be slaughtered trying to reach the guild hall. Also I don't know how a good level 50 char will get into the Freeport library to collect the rune for speak as a dragon, as he can't even get in with invis.
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #33
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

We  had a bit of a time getting keys this morning which meant we couldnt go to the new zones for 3 hours after the server was up , even though we got online before almost anyone (frustrating watching maybe 10 people in the expansion zones turn into hundreds).. Ive whined enough about that and steam came through for us albeit a little slowly.

I have to say, the wait was worth it. we have been doing the solo stuff and looking round the hole etc all day, and had a really great time. The art is first rate and the solo experience is just so far ahead of the moors in TSO that its a revelation. Just the right combo of questlines and actually finding things yourself, and some real effort to make interesting quests and mobs and collections etc.

Well done.

Also woo we got discovery on an 82 berserker master yay. Big thing for a tiny guild.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #34
Terron

Loremaster

There seems to be something missing from this expansion.

Where is the major quest series?

None is mentioned in the updates.

Where is the equivalent of the prismatic, peacock, claymore, SoD, epic weapon/fate of norrath, TSO signature quests?

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #35
Lizzoraus
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Avalon

Loremaster

So far i'm loving the new expansion. The solo quests are pretty straight forward and self-explanitory but fun. I was amazed when I was in a group exploring the hole last night. I FD'd my way around a bit during beta in that zone but had no idea how massive that zone is. It's nice to see you get good experience from doing heroic content also so your not limited to quest grinding. I look forward to exploring more of the content and the instances.

Lizzoraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #36
Golu

Loremaster

Good launch, not a fan of the whole 7 day head start thing though, it really screws people over who are in remote areas.

Loving the expansion so far! Quests are fun and the LOLcats references made my day. SMILEY Can't make everyone happy, but I think SoE did a [Removed for Content] good job on this one.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #37
NrthnStar5

Loremaster

I think some people would not be satisfied unless SOE hand delivered their expansion to them on a silver platter..... get a grip?

I originally had mine pre-ordered through Amazon, but on Sunday the 14th it still hadn't shipped, so I bought the CE at my local Best Buy and cancelled the Amazon order. Installed from the disc on the same day, registered the key. Tuesday I patched my game around 9:30 AM CST. I didn't get to play in the new expansion zones, but I love my Lynx mount and the appearance armor. I was also questing in Barren Sky and the changes there were nice for soloing. 

Overall, I thought the launch was quite well done. Yes some hiccups, but things happen, that's life. I'm excited to explore Odus.

Many people on these boards really need to start taking this game less seriously. I'm sure no one at SOE has specific intent to make your lives miserable. 

NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #38
Gilasil

Loremaster

Got it installed last night but by the time it was ready to go I had to get to bed.  I'll try tonight.

About Amazon.  I would never order anything from them which I wanted on a specific day.  Nothing like ordering something from them paying for them to ship it next day air, and it not arriving for 3 months to sour you on them.  But it did arrive next day air for which I paid.  Just 3 months late.  Go figure.

About the 7 day headstart.  I was wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that people have been griping on these boards for months that SoE needs to get EQ2 on store shelves.  I was wondering if this is the deal they had to cut to make it happen.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #39
VerdicAysen

Loremaster

Very likely. I like the way you think!

VerdicAysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #40
Ranja

Loremaster

Why did you leave rangers out of an entire gear progression in TSF? Namely flurry. It is common blue stat on all scout gear and rangers cannot use it. As a ranger, should I just not play this expansion since I can't use any of the shiney new toys?

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #41
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Change back the party members on maps to big colored dots, as opposed to the tiny, blue/purple dots that you can hardly see. 

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #42
Lofofora

Loremaster

Have been playing since almost a full day ... here is my impression :

The "+" :

- The new quest helper : handy, well updated without being to flashy ... Great job on that

- The graphic : my god it's beautifull even if I would have loved the same kind of transition between 2 kind of sub zone than we had in RoK

- Timeline : very good, TONS of quests to do, lot's of npc etc 

The "-" :

- why, why, why did you choose to put Paineel in the same zone than the rest ?? It creates LAG like hell ... yes it's great for the feeling to be able to move around without zone yeah yeah yeah ... now what about the feeling to be in front of the screen wondering if we gonna turn on time to get the port or direct down in the Hole or the feeling to stay in front of the computer cursing SoE because the servers crashed as they cant handle the number of ppl ?

- Too easy : i dont know if it's the revamp of the caracteristics or the mobs who are too feeble but where is the challenge out of the dungeons ?

- harvesting : Just one think i dont understand ... We have 4 kind of classes with 2 kind of stone nodes giving each 2 kind of rare (so 4 rares for the slow) ... 4 classes ... 4 rares ... any bell ringing ?? After that just create 1 node for the armor and basta np. I really dont understand this change.

- Illusionist : [Removed for Content] !!! Please go and check the full post about Illusionists ... i love my toon but why why why all those nerf on illy ?? Were we so powerfull to be nerfed like that : crit chance, myth, pet, no CC on named, TC not available on us while Bard can, no raid power regen etc ... what are we supposed to do ? cast the buff then AF ? I seriously hope that we'll get some love back cause it's not gonna work like that ... Illusionist, a cool class : was just an illusion SMILEY

All in all : really good job from what i saw but pls fix the lag and stabilize your servers !!!

Lofofora - Necromancer 80

"How can you say that you are afraid of Death, you never tried before"
Lofofora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #43
mr23sgte

Loremaster

Monks FAIL - Still the Worst of all fighters in utility/tanking and AE aggro

mr23sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #44
Hellswrath

Loremaster

I'll add my voice to the disappointment in how the expansion distribution was handled.  The game should have been shipped to people and stores at least the day before launch.  International distribution was a disaster.  When launch day came, there were more than a few people who couldn't even get in to play because they hadn't recieved their package yet.  This should definitely be learned from next expansion!

The new quest journal certainly is nice.  I love finally being able to see multiple quests.  Well done on that front.

Lvl 80 crafted battlegrounds armor seems rather underpowered to me.

Still getting into the new content, so I can't say much more about it.  However, I'm certainly intrigued so far.  Looking forward to the rest of the content. SMILEY

Old 02-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #45
Nayawk

Loremaster

We all know lauch was a mess so I won't go into that.

So far I'm blown away.  The solo questline so far is great with lots of moments when it isn't totally obvious what the next step is and some thinking is involved.  You are moved from area to area in a logical manner and at a good pace. 

The world is amazing. I love the more natural colour choices so far, the dusty rocks with streaks of copper are a fav. The change to the black crystal caves from the sun baked dirt outside gives a real feeling of forboding with the tiny narrow pathways, every corner feels like something is going to jump you.

The mob models are awesome.  Love the vermin and love the briaroot horrors, with the reuse of some of my favs from the past also. I 'wasted' several hours yesterday just wandering around the world going 'oooh' 'ahhhh'

The dungeons I only had a glance at but visually look grand and a great deal of fun.

Overall the art direction is top notch and will go a long long way to make up for the visual horror that TSO was for me.

Nayawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Brooja wrote:

Yet another bug that won't go away.  Why can't Sony get it right?   I get into the new update, zone into a level 50 instance zone, only to have the game automatically mentor me to level 50 along with everyone else in group.  All same level, i.e. 50.  We disband, leave the zone, try to go to KP and play, but will the game let us go back to 80? Of course not.  We are all still level 50.  Disbanding group didn't fix it, there is no longer a "mentor/unmentor" option, camping, closing game entirely, rebooting comp, redownloading/doing a file check.  Nothing works.  Still I am level 50 as is everyone else with no way to fix it and play the game.  To make matters worse, mentored people kill you and you can't fight back.  Good Lord Sony.  Learn something for a change.  It's no wonder people keep leaving the game.  I may do likewise.

Dejame

look back over the threads, this is NOT a bug, it is intentional to resolve the grey shard issue.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #47
Dareena
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Dark Prophecy

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

Brooja wrote:

Yet another bug that won't go away.  Why can't Sony get it right?   I get into the new update, zone into a level 50 instance zone, only to have the game automatically mentor me to level 50 along with everyone else in group.  All same level, i.e. 50.  We disband, leave the zone, try to go to KP and play, but will the game let us go back to 80? Of course not.  We are all still level 50.  Disbanding group didn't fix it, there is no longer a "mentor/unmentor" option, camping, closing game entirely, rebooting comp, redownloading/doing a file check.  Nothing works.  Still I am level 50 as is everyone else with no way to fix it and play the game.  To make matters worse, mentored people kill you and you can't fight back.  Good Lord Sony.  Learn something for a change.  It's no wonder people keep leaving the game.  I may do likewise.

Dejame

look back over the threads, this is NOT a bug, it is intentional to resolve the grey shard issue.

That's not his complaint.  He's fine with being auto mentored for stepping into a scaling instance.  His issue is that once he leaves that instance, he can't stop mentoring.  Being permanently stuck in a mentored state just royally stinks.  I heard some complaints about mentoring on LDL last night that had echoed this.  SOE tried to fix auto mentoring, but broke it in the process.

Dareena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #48
Anurra
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

Dareena@Lucan DLere wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

Brooja wrote:

Dejame

That's not his complaint.  He's fine with being auto mentored for stepping into a scaling instance.  His issue is that once he leaves that instance, he can't stop mentoring.  Being permanently stuck in a mentored state just royally stinks.  I heard some complaints about mentoring on LDL last night that had echoed this.  SOE tried to fix auto mentoring, but broke it in the process.

This has become a common event with SoE. They should allocate more resources to their FVT/SVT teams.

I'd love to see the results of an audit of the EQ2 development team. I bet it'd make for good entertainment.

Anurra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #49
Dagormane

Loremaster

I am deeply disappointed in the Player base stat changes.  Since my primary characters are a Battle Warden and an Assassin, VIRTUALLY ALL of the gear that I've meticulously accumulated is now next to useless.  Hundreds of hours, hundreds of plat, rare drops that I acquired in really difficult places are now not only not useable but actually detract from my player abilities.  In my view, this is the most ill-conceived change I've experienced in all my 6 years of playing EQ.  It's not a joke to me.  In order to get my Warden's WIS up to the same level as his former STR stat, I've gone from 100% Double Attack with 98% Crit to 36% and 18%.

I'm writing this partly as a complaint and partly as a warning.  This was a bad idea.  The game doesn't need to be simpler.  You have stripped high level players of their victories, ruined the confidence that we have in the game mechanics and frankly... angered a lot of people that you should value as clients.

Shame on you.

Fighters

• Strength (primary) - determines your max power, increases your damage (including spells if you have them), and determines how much you can carry.
  • Agility - improves your chance to avoid melee attacks, adds a crit mit bonus.
  • Wisdom - improves your resists against spell damage.

Mages

• Intelligence (primary) - determines your max power, and increases your damage, adds a crit mit bonus.
  • Agility - improves your chance to avoid melee attacks.
  • Strength - determines how much you can carry.

Priests

• Wisdom (primary) - determines your max power, increases your damage (both spell and melee), and improves your resists against spell damage.
  • Intelligence - adds a crit mit bonus.
  • Agility - improves your chance to avoid melee attacks.

Scouts

• Agility (primary) - determines your max power, increases your damage (including spells/poison if you have them), and improves your chance to avoid melee attacks (adds a crit mit bonus).
Dagormane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:06 AM   #50
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

paladins have too much taunts/hates, i was in group, and not even do anything to pull argoes from gaurdian or bezerker, when they make a move to a pull, first thing the mobs noticed my paladin's red texted, i get first hit by the mobs.

i am not trying to pull argoes from main tanks, and my hates generated still grows to maxed, only way to shake away, is by relogging.

i wonder why it produce more hate and my armors isnt one of the best, it need higher armor mitigation.

only job was to pull arrgoes if tank were too busy saving our group healer or mages, it was designed to hold arrgoes until tank player is ready.

what paladins to do? to Tank or not to Tank?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #51
Earlhastan

Loremaster

This expansion is probably the smoothest one so far. Not a huge downtime. Server lag slowly going away as people spread out. Not a lot of shutdowns to fix bugs.,

My only real complaint is the distribution. I live in Europe so I have the DD option. I play with four accounts. I could preorder one copy from DLgamer then they ran out of keys. They didnt get any keys until several hours after the servers came up so I logged in to one of my guildies dinging lvl 85 alchemist ( Im a crafter at heart and I once again missed the opportunity to get any discoveries).

Yesterday (thursday ) I could get two more keys from DLgamers ( D2D wont accept my orders for some reason) but couldnt get my last on since I have to contact their customer service because I have ordered multiple copies and they want to make sure its not a mistake on my part or that someone is using my creditcard. Im now trying to contact them but havent gotten a reply yet (Friday). This is FRUSTRATING beyond belief. When Ive ordered through station before I never had these problems.

Earlhastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #52
steelbadger

Loremaster

So, I finished the questline (with the exception of the mausoleum quests because I couldn't for the life of me find the stolen tombstone, even with help from zam and my own homicidal tendancies) and had a bit of a wander in The Hole.  There's a few things that could be described as "Sub-Optimal".

Quests

Starting the Quests 'A Potion Remedy' and 'Scribblings on the Wall' is not self explanitory.

The last quest update you get for 'A Potion Remedy' is a ding completed and a 'I should leave the area'.  I understand that returning to the origional questgiver NPC gives a hint that you should do to the quartermaster but I certainly didn't think to visit an NPC when I can clearly see he has no quests to offer.  Possibly add in a connector quest, handed out by the NPC to go to the Quartermaster.

'Scribblings on the Wall' is worse.  The scribblings are fairly easy to spot while doing the quest 'Joining their Ranks' but cannot be clicked at this time.  As it is they simply appear to be come kind of lore mouseover thingy of little importance to quest progression.  The only indication that you should go back is 'Maybe you'd like to explore the cave some more', that sounds like NPC speak for 'Bye Bye' to me.  Maybe make 'Scribblings on the Wall' begin right after 'Joining their Ranks', maybe make them a clicky for Finding Evidence of Intelligence and simply have the quest NPC followup on the Scribblings.

In Stonebrunt Highlands the quests 'Field Reporter', 'Fight for your Right to Research' and 'Cut off the Head...' run into big problems as apparently (On Runnyeye at least) the void assault event (Big thing, hard to miss, hill goes crazy and 20 mobs appear out of no-where) has stopped working.  I did these quests on Wednesday with no issues but by lunch time on Thursday I'd been made aware that it has apparently stopped working.  This was unchanged when I went to bed last night.

Deepwater Pavillion solo quests want some fairly nasty mobs:

'Shredmistress Ikaika' solo quest but this mob is fairly nasty.  I doubt I could have killed her in T1 shard armour.  I did it on my raid geared Guard, I doubt I could do it on my alt assassin.

'Corruptive Elements' also requires heroic conned mobs.  They didn't hit too hard but I suspect that killing 10 of these could be a bit of a challenge for lesser geared folks on the poorer solo classes.

Those two are less of an issue as they're at the very end of the quest line and I was doing them 3 levels below conn.  I think it's good having some harder solo quests at the end of the line.  Noted for completeness as I'm unsure how doable they are for a T1 shard geared troub.

The Hole

Nice zone, I like it.  Bit busy at the moment as you might expect but it does have some problems.

Quest Updates are both too common and not common enough.  Grinding Caertexians in a group of 6 will mean you have to spend a very substantial amount of time killing them to get the updates.

At the same time they are far too annoying.  I was tanking in this zone and got infuriated by the lootspam on my screen when trying to chain pull mobs.  This is compounded by the 'Are you Sure?' NO-TRADE confirmation box.  Very very very annoying.  I often found myself just declining so I could clear my screen to give me a view of incoming mobs.

A problem related to that is the max range on looting.  I understand why it's there and don't particularly want it changed but I often run off quickly to find new mobs and often findmyself out of loot range.  In this situation it doesn't matter if I click Need, Greed or Decline, I still get told I'm out of range and the loot window stays open with nothing at all in it?  Even when I know I'm out of range to recieve the loot and hit decline it warns me I'm out of range and the windows stays open, empty.  The onl way to get rid of it is to hit the little x in the corner.  Annoying in the extreme as the window staying open has no obvious function.  It doesn't let you move back into range to roll of the loot (I tried), it just takes up space and mouse bandwidth.

In the Caertexian wing, nice though it is, there are a number of hollows out of which pillars rise.  If you happen to fall into these hollows it can be extremely difficult to get back out as they have overhangs over sloped edges, it requires extremely precise positioning to jump out again.  This happened to us last night when 2 people fell into one of these little honey traps and we had to wait 5 minutes for them to get lucky and jump out (and lost a name in the process).  People who practice their Mario Skillz on a regular basis can jump in and out fairly easily but every group will have a few who have difficulty with this jump.

Pathing is a bit funny.  Because of the big y-axis component to the South wing mobs often go massive distances to get pulled (For example mobs standing on a ledge 2 ft above the path you are on, LoS to them is hard to get and if you do manage to pull them they run to the other end of the zone and back.  Oftentimes mobs will reset on their way to you.

Most of that stuff is from the South wing specifically.

The only thing i can think of in the West wing is:  Is the room with the Embattled Erudite Mages (Not their name, bunch of spell casters standing in pools on either side of a room throwing spells at non aggro NPC mobs) a ring event?  We tried killing stuff there and nothing interesting happened.

Also a quick note on:

Shinies!

I have noticed that shinies are found in ranges, each range accomodating 2 shiny collections.  For some reason though, in Stonebrunt Highlands, the area around Erudin Gardens has 3 collectibles.  The Quel'Ule Research Tomes collection (From memory that is the name, not in game at the moment) seems to span a number of shiny ranges.  From the Glyphed Relics area all the way up to the Prexian Tabbard/Erudin Garden area.  It really slowed me down trying to finish all the collections.

A little issue with the 'Lowland Basis Goos and Gobs' and 'Rubble Items from Old Paineel' also, the shinies in this area seem far more sparse than other areas (For example in the 'Gruengach Weapons' collection area, I know this area is more highly populated and that may be an issue but the Old Paineel area seems to have almost no shinies.  I found all mine in the dust storm area.

So that's the stuff I've found.  Feel free to add your own.

Mobs

A Forelorn Drake (I think that's the name).  A One up mob around where you should find Toxic Leaches.  I don't think there is a single person who has done this quest and not tried this guy and been killed.  A massive underconn.  He ate my T3/T4 geared Guard for breakfast.  To make it even more obvious I had just finished soloing Rungupp a yellow heroic ^^ mob when I tried this little bitty solo mob.  I barely did 10% dmg to it before it killed me.  Massive dps, massive HP.  Tougher than mobs in The Hole.

EDIT:  Forgot some stuff!

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #53
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

steelbadger wrote:

People who practice their Mario Skillz on a regular basis can jump in and out fairly easily but every group will have a few who have difficulty with this jump.

You're intending this will refer to me aren't you? AREN'T YOU!?!

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #54
XAvengerX

Loremaster

Too expensive.

Paid £16.99 for Shadow Odyssey All in One from DLGamer last year.

Sentinels Fate from DLGamer this year - £29.99

Old 02-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #55
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Quest XP is far too low, with only 400 new quests I won't even hit 90 without grinding/going back to chronomancer.  And forget 50AA.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #56
wangurce

Loremaster

SoE changed all the gear around and took all the strength off of the multi class shard gear. just a thought but it would be nice to be able to sell my now-worthless shard gear back for at least half of the 200 shards I spent on gear that is now worthless to my monk and zerker.

wangurce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #57
steelbadger

Loremaster

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:

steelbadger wrote:

People who practice their Mario Skillz on a regular basis can jump in and out fairly easily but every group will have a few who have difficulty with this jump.

You're intending this will refer to me aren't you? AREN'T YOU!?!

Yes.

Ran another group this morning, hit up the Third Wing (North Wing).  A few issues:

I did 'Destroy Underfoot Anchor Chains for the Defenders of the Seal' quest, took forever because we needed 60 underwater clicky updates to get the group updated (10 per person).  That's just silly.  This should probably be a group-wide update.

In fact make most of the quests in The Hole group update with auto-updates.  I don't want to have 10 different types of 'token' in my bags.

The massive cow things are massive.  (Near the bottom of N wing, at the Vault of Serilis I think).  They have massive footprints, are happy to stand 50yrds away from you, can be hit with short range aoes long outside their aggro range and also can call social adds.  It's just silly and resulted in the ring event at the bottom being broken when the cows socialled the entire second wave of the ring event (someone elses) onto us and wiped us (but for a FD).  They definitely need their footprint reduced.

Line of sight in the stormlord chasm part is fairly poor too with all the ups and downs and thin platforms; not a problem for me but mages had some problems and maneuvering them is less than effective in such a confined space.  This is less of an issue as I didn't notice much in the way of a downturn in DPS.  It'll be hella funny to go there with Holymoly.  He'll fall and die in no time.

Still checking stuff!

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #58
Gennifer

Loremaster

Having lots of fun! Was really excited about going back to Moors and Kunark to do quests there, too. Everything in SF is visually exciting! And new furniture, armour, etc. looks very good! I'm seeing a lot of lag issues but I actually expected some of that. It took me a bit to figure out my AA's but after that, I realized the toon got better. Now, I'm not a raider nor have I ever really cared about my int, wis, etc. I also don't fret about my rotations (I just do what seems logical) - I simply get mastercrafted everything for armour and spell/combat art upgrades and leave it at that - I don't even bother with adornments. With that said, I find my necro is wonderful, my templar is a little healin' machine and my monk is kicking behinds like it should. Again, let me stress I am a quester only (and solo only except with my templar who I take out to quest with my hubby). So, please don't apply my feedback to raiders, hardcore players, etc.

Gennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #59
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Dareena@Lucan DLere wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

Brooja wrote:

Dejame

/unmentor will stop the mentoring once you leave the zone.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #60
Kendricke

Loremaster

steelbadger wrote:

In fact make most of the quests in The Hole group update with auto-updates.  I don't want to have 10 different types of 'token' in my bags.

The advantage to this approach (which is also an old Everquest approach) is that you can horde up the tokens in advance with a grind session and then start/complete the quest several times in a row. 

* -Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers.
Kendricke is offline   Reply With Quote