EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #61
GrunEQ

Tester

If you have to go back and kill boss mobs....can they be grey?

If not, will this start before the auto mentoring or after?

I know you want to give a reason to do content again...but I'm of the school of thought that you have already achieved these trackable accomplishments and should therefore already be rewarded.  Not everyone will have completed all catagories so there will still be acts to accomplish.  Let people be rewarded what they have done and let them be proud of it.  As I have many alts, this would save me a lot of headaches.  I still recall getting jilted over the tradeskill faction when it changed over. 

Don't want to be burned again.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #62
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

I would prefer that anything requiring killing a mob force you to be level-appropriate. IE, if you won't get AA experience for it, you won't get an Achievement either.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #63
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

I meant to ask or suggest this as a possible Achievement at the FF but ... *shrug* ..

Anyway ..

Since Achievements are Account based and not merely Character can we please, PLEASE! get a really big goal for the Kill a Mob counts?

• kill 1,000,000 Fairies
  • Kill 10,000,000 Fairies

(I'd also suggest a 1,000,000 items crafted as well, as 10k is merely a drop in the bucket for most ppl ... )

I stopped my goal rush to Destroyer of Fairies after my hubby got Destroyer of Undead years ago and noticed that the Mob Counter does NOT continue past 10,000 kills.   Sure, I am reasonably on my way to several Slayers of Fairies across my 2 accounts, including Test but even I can't get over 70k or 140k (how many characters can we have with regular accts?  7 or 8? ) as an 'offical mob count' .. 

I may not bother with many of the other mob counts but I know I would really enjoy the journey up to 1m for my Fairy kills.  *wicked grin*   And, I'm sure there are several others who RP in this manner, such as Pallies & Templars for their goals of Undead banishings.  And, should anyone actually get the Achievement for 1M Brownies killed a World Wide announcement should be in order.  /un-worthy! 

I'd also like to see a way to display a complete listing of Titles earned in-game.  Though, I never show any other than my Stormcaller & Fairy Killer title .. I know there are people who are extremely proud of all the Titles they have earned, so maybe a Achievement of the # of titles earned as well as a clicky jump off window to SHOW them all. (like in SWG for their Badges)

As a suggestion to the Rewards for at least the Mob Count Achievements, for those that are also L&L mobs .. an addition of a scaleable +dmg to be added to our existing L&L Spell.   ie:  current is 200 dmg & resist debuff of 50 .. get the reward of +50 dmg and 10 debuff .. etc .. numbers just pulled out of the ether.  Since, our L&L spell has been merged you could award us the bonus for any L&L that we have regardless of which Mob we had got up to 1m.   *shrug*.

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #64
Thantoes

Loremaster

Not something I would really care for. IMHO it would just be another way for some to use to measure and brag about their E_Preen. ( - Just Saying - )

Wonder how they will use it - Not like they can Stand at the Docks to show off their "Achievments"

Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #65
Rashaak

Loremaster

GrunEQ wrote:

If you have to go back and kill boss mobs....can they be grey?

This gave me an idea for more...

• Killed X amount of Grey - Slayer of the Trivial
  • Killex X amount of Blue - Destroyer of the Weak

you get the idea SMILEY

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #66
Phelon_Skellhound

Loremaster

I am sorry, but I wouldnt care to give two shakes of a ratonga's behind about it since it isnt retroactive... In no way will it be fun to go visit every grey zone and kill every grey boss again.  I did it once for AA and xp and that is enough for me.  "But its fun because you can mentor" dont cut it for me to be interested. 

Now if Raid & and instance boss kills were retroactive, that would make me feel alot better tho...  Who wants to kill grey boss x again when we already did that again for trophy heads?

Shadowknight of 90 seasons
Weaponsmith of 90 seasons
What good is life without a little bit of death?
Phelon_Skellhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #67
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

Yea . . . I'm not gonna bother going back and explore 900 locations all over again, much less kill all 1275 nameds again, just for 'achievement' >.>

retroactive k thx~

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #68
Sharakari
Server: Unrest
Guild: Shadovar

Loremaster

Katanallama@Mistmoore wrote:

Yea . . . I'm not gonna bother going back and explore 900 locations all over again, much less kill all 1275 nameds again, just for 'achievement' >.>

retroactive k thx~

The good news is you have the option to not do it.

k... yw

Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #69
Rashaak

Loremaster

I don't mind going back and killing mobs I've already killed. I won't actively go do it, but if a guildy wants help at lower level then kewl...if not...I'm not worried. There will be plenty more named mobs to kill as more content is introduced anyways...

Rashaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #70
Gormak

Loremaster

• Number of signature quests completed
  • Number of languages known
  • Clearing zone X without deaths
  • Some kind of lore tie in for the player based on Min/Max faction
  • Number of world events completed
  • first on server/by class to reach level XXX, and/or YYYY aa's
  • Naturally all the slayer title like stuff as already mentioned
  • Completing the end bosses of each expansion (this may be somewhat subjective/multiple kills)
  • Fun/gimikky ones.... most weight carried, most deaths, most deaths vs creature, most falling damage taken and lived, survived a 20k mob crit, etc

Can achievements be gained and taken like a rank? Could incorporate alot of the leaderboard stuff into achievements, then players can have ingame titles for being "Loremaster" for most quests completed etc etc. This would open up alot of possibilities, linking the leaderboards to ingame reward, even if it just be the holder of an achievement.

Gormak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #71
Anestacia

Loremaster

I have just a few proposed ideas/rewards:

•Achievement Point for each Expansion Quest line completed.

-To expand on this a little; Lets say you beat the Godking and complete the Peacock line or Tarinax and complete the Claymore, etc.  As these are pretty large achievements, I think these would merit some nice rewards.  A title (much like "of the Shard" was given after Fire and Ice) but in addition to this I would like to see a house item (it could be just one generic one across the board) that would show others of your acomplishment when they visit your home/guildhall.  Turning the current weapons into mountable versions would be ok, but I know many people use them in appearance slots so if this were to happen then maybe they could be available through the Shady Swashbuckler.

•Achievment Point for each city faction you have 50k with.  Example: 50k w/ Freeport Militia or 50k w/ Qeynos Guard, etc.

•Achievment Point for each Crafter on your account that has its "crafter" epic.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #72
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Gormak wrote:

• first on server/by class to reach level XXX, and/or YYYY aa's

Can expand on that:

• First in the game worldwide to reach level XX, or YY number of AAs, regardless of class
  • First in the game worldwide to reach level XX, or YY number AAs, by class
  • First on the server to reach level XX, or YY number of AAs, regardless of class
  • First on the server to reach level XX, or YY number of AAs, by class
  • First in the game to earn XX Achievement

Would like to see that bottom one appear on EQ2Players in the same way that there are discoveries. The retroactive ones would obviously not apply.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #73
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Actually that brings up an interesting question.

Will Achievements be trackable on EQ2Players.com?

I'm curious why people don't want to show their achievements off?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #74
Deson

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

Actually that brings up an interesting question.

Will Achievements be trackable on EQ2Players.com?

I'm curious why people don't want to show their achievements off?

Because other people can be stupid about little things so it's best to avoid the headache.

I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #75
Tehom

Loremaster

This idea sounds like it'll be amazing fun as long as the rewards are all just fluff/titles. I love seeing things my character has done be tracked, but the idea of like actively going out and trying to do weird/elaborate/tedious things in order to get some must-have item for raiding would get really tiresome.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #76
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Kordran wrote:

ArivenGemini wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

How can you see the list of achievements?

The quest journal will have a new achievements tab that will display all achievements (completed and not completed) by category.  You will also be able to see your progress towards each achievement.  In addition, we are modifying the inspection window so you'll be able to see the achievements of other players when you inspect them.

Please give me the option to not show this on examine.

Also, please give me the option to not announce to other players when I get an achievement.

Just out of curiousity, why? I don't see this being any more "sensitive" than what your current stats, health, power and resists are, and what gear you're wearing. So everyone sees that you've mindlessly slaughtered 10,000 brownies... how does that impact your gameplay in any fashion?

Because I dont want it showing, and if I had the option to turn off the rest selectively I would use it too.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #77
Rosemar
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Unsung Heroes

General

Would it be possible to have achievements tied to lore?  Something like...

Killed 25 times by gnolls - gain achievement Fippy's Revenge

Rosemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #78
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

You mean clever titles for achievements? That's an excellent idea.

Sometimes the title for completing achievements (especially on some Xbox games) is as rewarding to read as completing the achievement itself is.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #79
Josgar

Loremaster

I NEED NUMBER OF NEW TUNARIANS KILLED >SMILEY

Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #80
uppun

Loremaster

• Every xx World event, signature, lore & legend, language, heritage & access quest completed
  • Completed 50%, 75% & 100% of all the quests in one zone (could be limited to zones with some sort of minimum amount of quests)
  • Completed 50%, 75% & 100% of all the quests in one expantion and/or Adventure pack
  • Every xx thousand items created, with extra rewards every xxx and/or xxxx thousand created
  • Killed xx dragons
  • Getting all the slayer/destroyer titles (and if more titles are added later on, for all of those as well)
  • Reaching 10k health and/or power (unbuffed)
  • Reaching level xx without dieing (maybe not starting till level 30, 40 or 50?)
  • Ever x mill status contributed to guild

Just a few ideas

uppun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #81
Pitt Hammerfi

General

To people complaining about going back and doing stuff, no one is forcing you to.

www.advancedws.com.au
Pitt Hammerfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #82
Noaani

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Rewards

As far as rewards, please don't get hung up on them and if they'll be game-breaking or not.  We plan on giving rewards for achievements very sparingly.  The main reward of the achievement is the completion of the task.  We already have a quest system that is designed to reward you for specific deeds.  The achievement system is there to track the types of things you'd be doing anyway, like completing quests, killing mobs, clearing zones, etc.  So the reward *IS* is the achievement and the points you earn towards your total. 

Now, with that disclaimer out of the way, some achievements will offer you rewards.  And yes, some of them will be titles.  Whether you find titles pointless or not is up to you.  Some people like them and they are a nice way to show off something you've done.  However, some achievements might be appropriate for rewarding something else, especially if the achievement is difficult to complete.  You can most likely expect those rewards to be things such as house items and maybe appearance armor or fluff spells/pets.

/satisfied

Perfect answer imo, not just in what the answer was, but in the way it was delivered. Can you go give Kirstie some lessons?

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #83
Noaani

Loremaster

Deson wrote:

You already answered everything I could ask or complain about

Not sure about you, but this makes me wish Rothgar did Research Assistants...

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #84
axl_2baz

Loremaster

Sorry id I missed the part where it is told : Will be the achievement be per account or per character ?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #85
Morghus

Loremaster

I want a plushie/pet for every x4 named with a unique model that I kill!

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #86
EQer

Loremaster

Just a thought - Any chance of integrating achievements with character leaderboards?

e.g.

- Highest Magical Hit

- Highest Melee Hit

- Most NPC Kills

- Most Deaths

At the moment, there are no rewards or permanent recognition for becoming the leader at a point in time.

EQer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #87
Kigneer

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Similar to the quest system, the game will recognize when you do something that updates an achievement.  When you’ve completed all the requirements for an achievement, you and the players around you will be notified of your accomplishment.

Too late now, but it would've been sweet when I reached Master Provisioner status. It was like the most kept secret in Norrath, although it was THE epic tradeskill event. Another achievement due to work would be for completing HQs. Becoming a Relic Keeper, or better Artifact Raider, means you really grinded through some long and painful HQs (and god that Cloak of Flames was the longest quest I did in EQ2, Screaming Mace wasn't as long -- most won't do that cloak quest as it can take months to complete -- completing that one should be announced server wide! I loved it though, as it's an example of a solo quest that can be as tough to accomplish as raiding for 4 months for equal time invested, even if gray. Wikia is right, we need more of these difficult solo quests that really make you feel like you accomplished something USEFUL [HQ gear tends to be even subpar to even MC]). What would be nice for an achievement system is much like what other games have done (BF2142 for example offers unlocks at certain ranks). Unlocks can be almost anything, but something USEFUL for those willing to take the time and effort to reach some goal/goals to obtain that right. Something that is a combination of a Signature and HQ quest lines, unlocks some special ability, and can be used more for a specific task. Encourage doing harder content, but don't just limit hard content to raid zones. Let folks pace themselves for a change, not just hurry-up-let's-farm-names outcome that plagues the game as it is now.

The "have nots" will always point what the "haves" have.

Harmony is reached when both sides have their needs met.
Kigneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #88
Yimway

Loremaster

Chath@Antonia Bayle wrote:

This idea sounds like it'll be amazing fun as long as the rewards are all just fluff/titles. I love seeing things my character has done be tracked, but the idea of like actively going out and trying to do weird/elaborate/tedious things in order to get some must-have item for raiding would get really tiresome.

I want to stress on this.  Rewards can be meaningful and not fluff while at the same time not must-have for raiding.

My previous example of 'Common Lands Expert' Achievement could yield a +10% base damage vs creatures in common lands.

It's a meaningful reward yet isn't a must-have by any means.

The slayer tasks could have a 1/min proc vs that creature type.  Again, nothing must-have, but something that is reasonable that your toon after killing xxxxx many of creature y, would develope some minor additionalefficiency at killing them.

Again, here is what I think are great examples of achievements / rewards that make for the system to be something that engages players for slightly more than e-preen measurement.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Deeds

Old 07-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #89
liveja

General

Rothgar wrote:

When you’ve completed all the requirements for an achievement, you and the players around you will be notified of your accomplishment.

Can we NOT have this part, or at least turn off the notification message, PLEASE?

Edit: Just so everyone is clear, what I mean is that I'd like to be able to NOT see when OTHER people get one of these things. I don't care if they can see a message about me, or not ... so long as I can turn it off, so can they.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #90
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Items crafted - Gives a HUGE advantage to Alch and WW since they make large stacks and each item in the stack counts as 1.

Pls no kill count reset and keep the old titles. I worked very hard to get Destroyer of Brownies ! .. I think a great reward for destroyer type of achievements would be a plushie of that race for you house or a mounted head for your wall.

two ideas I came up with while typing this ...

- food/drink consumed

- Alcohol tolerance of 700

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote