EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #61
Noaani

Loremaster

Linuky@Valor wrote:

Noaani wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Why would you be able to reset a 4 day 20 hour timer on Friday that was set on Tuesday?

Because its now a 2 day 20 hour timer.

not if you're playing on a G, F, UK or JP server

/shrug, those servers NEVER get updates at the same time as the rest of the servers.

As much as that sucks, people should know to not plan on updates when the rest of the servers get them.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #62
g4nd4lf

Loremaster

Extensive cuts hit primarily the departments operating at a deficit ... all around the world. 'nuff said
g4nd4lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #63
theriatis

Loremaster

Hi,

at least us EU Guys will get the bugfixed and fully translated Version of GU52... *snicker*

Regards, Theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #64
Doggi

Loremaster

fully translated has to be a joke, right? SMILEY
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #65
loramil

Loremaster

I'm extremely disburbed by one aspect of the Spell Renaming...

It's the Roman Numerals.  I find it extremely confusing since they're all over the place since everything starts with 'I' at the level you first get it. That may make sense in theory, but i find as a practical matter its a PITA.

I'm looking at my T8 spells and Spell A is a III and Spell B is a IV and Spell C is a V etc...  So you can't tell if you have the most recent spell in your hotbar by looking at unless you've somehow managed to memorize everything.

As a  Ranger, the main Buff that I got in T7 I actually Mastered.  Only the T8 master is better than that (which i don't have) so i'm still using the T7.  You can't tell my looking at the spell name that it's not the T8 version.

I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have any spell / combat art that is earned have the roman numerals start AS THE TIER YOU FIRST RECEIVED IT.  If you get a Spell at Tier 3, it's a III, Tier 4, IV, etc...

That way EVERY spell in Tier 4 is a IV. This is MUCH more intuitive to making sure you've upgraded all your spells / CA's

Because as confusing as i find it when i look at spells for my OWN class, when i get DROPS for spells i don't recognize, i'm even MORE lost.  Example, I'm  out running arund different zones, Mentor in one zone, Mentor in another,  Play antoher at level and looting is seet to NGB Lotto.  I finish up the day and I've got Adept spells books. The Roman numerals only tell me how far into the line the spell is. It's not indication of how powerfull it is. If i can't tell what tier it is by looking at it, it's useless information.

Please change the numbering system so it makes SENSE.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #66
Ciara52

Loremaster

Joppa@Everfrost wrote:

No clue if anybody else is having this issue or not but the spell researchers are borked for me.

80 guardian - only shows 2-70+ spells to master and 1-65+.  I only have 2 masters and the rest adept 3

80 templar - Only gave me the option to master repent and a bunch of spells below 40 to master.  all spells 70+ adept3, few masters on this character. 

80 Mystic - all spells at adept 3 no spells come up at all 70+ to research.  All below 60 were my only options

80 necro - the only one that seems to work

80 Troub - The only missing master I need is power ballad and my dmg dot.  Power ballad showed but not my dot.

80 Assassin - Fully adept 3 no masters.  No spells came up above 70+ to research.

Fellow guildmates said they had the same issues.

Same here.  I tried this morning to do research on a master for Earthen Avatar.  The one for my current level wasn't there and as I looked at the list lvl 77 wasn't on any of them.  

Also, where is the cinamatic  SMILEY  in the options list?  I'd sure love to see that after reading the lore about it.  

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #67
dirtymeat80

Loremaster

Doesn't the spell book say the adventure level right on it?

dirtymeat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #68
Deson

Loremaster

dirtymeat80 wrote:

Doesn't the spell book say the adventure level right on it?

Didn't the spell book pretty much tell you what line it was?

I can't help but appreciate the irony in the complaints.

I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #69
Ishkur

Guardian

I'm not understanding this change:

PLAYER HOUSING

• The front door of a player house now always leads back to the city.

I was in my houses last night and every time I would spawn out, I would not spawn at my house's door, but over near the gate or on the docks, or even over in the starter area (Kelethin/Greater Faydark). This is completely annoying IMO. When I leave my house, why am I not outside my house?

Ishkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #70
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Noaani wrote:

Linuky@Valor wrote:

Noaani wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Why would you be able to reset a 4 day 20 hour timer on Friday that was set on Tuesday?

Because its now a 2 day 20 hour timer.

not if you're playing on a G, F, UK or JP server

/shrug, those servers NEVER get updates at the same time as the rest of the servers.

As much as that sucks, people should know to not plan on updates when the rest of the servers get them.

Are we allowed to plan for updates for a week after you get your update -- or is that asking too much?

'Cos you REALLY have no clue what you're talking about. You could just admit that you were WRONG about the timer as it applies to OUR servers, but no -- apparently, it's our fault for expecting the update to be applied to our servers!

/shrug, obviously, YOU can do no wrong and neither can SOE.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #71
Wizard_Thoarin

Loremaster

Ishkur@Crushbone wrote:

PLAYER HOUSING

I was in my houses last night and every time I would spawn out, I would not spawn at my house's door, but over near the gate or on the docks, or even over in the starter area (Kelethin/Greater Faydark). This is completely annoying IMO. When I leave my house, why am I not outside my house?

I agree 100%

Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #72
kreepr

General

Ishkur@Crushbone wrote:

PLAYER HOUSING

OK that explains it. I was using my guild door from my house in Neriek to zone to are guild hall and it would put me in SFP by one of the gates.

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #73
Ishkur

Guardian

Wizard_Thoarin wrote:

Ishkur@Crushbone wrote:

PLAYER HOUSING

I agree 100%

Well I'm glad to know it wasn't just me, but not happy if this is the way its supposed to be.

Ishkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #74
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep

Loremaster

Please roll back the hideous change (as stated in posts above) where if you zone out of your house, it spawns you someone random in your city.  I realize this is a fantasy game, however when I exit the door of my own home, I am deposited on the opposite side of the door and not somewhere random in my community.   I would expect some parallel (sensical even!) to real life in this particular case.  I find being deposited in the nursery in GFay to be extremely inconvenient when I exit my Kelethin house. 

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #75
PsiberDaemon

Loremaster

Just adding in...  Tradeskill Writ 'These Scrolls Take Time!' (Sage) asked me to make 'Bloodlust' ...  no Bloodlust in my recipe books...  Glad to see it wasn't just me though...  SMILEY

PsiberDaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #76
Chock
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equestrian Prep

Loremaster

Our group yesterday cleared Kurns, then went to Emperor's Athenaeum. The encounters seemed very straight-forward once figuring out the script. Once we arrived to Drago, we are fairly sure we understood the script, however our group, after multiple times attempting the encounter, encountered one or more of the following:

1. Perma-stunned.

2. Target invulnerable (normally while recumbent).

3. Characters permanently recumbent.

While I don't think we were missing anything in the script and he was going down nicely we would encounter one or more of the above issues during the encounter which did not allow us to kill the named. In addition, evac did not reset the encounter. It required us to relog, or zone out and back into the instance for him to reset. My question is, did we miss anything in the script, or is this a bug/issue?

Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #77
Snapdragyn

Loremaster

It's the Roman Numerals.  I find it extremely confusing since they're all over the place since everything starts with 'I' at the level you first get it. That may make sense in theory, but i find as a practical matter its a PITA.

I'm looking at my T8 spells and Spell A is a III and Spell B is a IV and Spell C is a V etc...  So you can't tell if you have the most recent spell in your hotbar by looking at unless you've somehow managed to memorize everything.

As a  Ranger, the main Buff that I got in T7 I actually Mastered.  Only the T8 master is better than that (which i don't have) so i'm still using the T7.  You can't tell my looking at the spell name that it's not the T8 version.

I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have any spell / combat art that is earned have the roman numerals start AS THE TIER YOU FIRST RECEIVED IT.  If you get a Spell at Tier 3, it's a III, Tier 4, IV, etc...

That way EVERY spell in Tier 4 is a IV. This is MUCH more intuitive to making sure you've upgraded all your spells / CA's

Because as confusing as i find it when i look at spells for my OWN class, when i get DROPS for spells i don't recognize, i'm even MORE lost.  Example, I'm  out running arund different zones, Mentor in one zone, Mentor in another,  Play antoher at level and looting is seet to NGB Lotto.  I finish up the day and I've got Adept spells books. The Roman numerals only tell me how far into the line the spell is. It's not indication of how powerfull it is. If i can't tell what tier it is by looking at it, it's useless information.

I have to agree here. Why was this not done this way in the first place? It's a much simpler system. Additionally, the issues that roman numerals would create with search should have been a no-brainer.

Another issue I had was logging in to find all of my (extensive) keymapping reset. Um... why? Is there truly ANY purpose this could serve other than to tick off customers? I didn't exactly appreciate having to spend 30 minutes getting every single command & control remapped the way I want it (& had it before the update). >/

Edit: *sigh* I love boards that both ban [commands] & deleting of posts. Awesome. Enjoy the double postage.

Snapdragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #78
urgthock

Loremaster

Loramil@Permafrost wrote:

QFE

It would also be a huge help for those who may not already know that a previous tiers ability is not upgraded. If the highest they had of that ability was VI, they would know there is no upgrade for that Tier 6 ability.

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #79
Aeralik

Developer

Sikaan@Butcherblock wrote:

Just adding in...  Tradeskill Writ 'These Scrolls Take Time!' (Sage) asked me to make 'Bloodlust' ...  no Bloodlust in my recipe books...  Glad to see it wasn't just me though... 

Thanks that one should be Primal Fury.  I fixed it here and it should go out soon.  If you see any other issues please make sure to /bug it or pm me with the issue.  Thanks!

Aeralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #80
Bridgeplay

Loremaster

Please add the text "Does not upgrade at higher levels" to Spells/Combat Arts that have no further upgrade levels.  This would help clarify which IVs upgrade and which don't.  (Even better, use standard numbers by Tier rather than Roman numerals.)

Bridgeplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #81
urgthock

Loremaster

Bridgeplay wrote:

Please add the text "Does not upgrade at higher levels" to Spells/Combat Arts that have no further upgrade levels.  This would help clarify which IVs upgrade and which don't.  (Even better, use standard numbers by Tier rather than Roman numerals.)

I definitely wouldn't mind them using roman numerals at all, if they were standardized by tier. As it stands now, it is very confusing for many people.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #82
Damsk

Loremaster

Chock@Kithicor wrote:

Our group yesterday cleared Kurns, then went to Emperor's Athenaeum. The encounters seemed very straight-forward once figuring out the script. Once we arrived to Drago, we are fairly sure we understood the script, however our group, after multiple times attempting the encounter, encountered one or more of the following:

1. Perma-stunned.

2. Target invulnerable (normally while recumbent).

3. Characters permanently recumbent.

While I don't think we were missing anything in the script and he was going down nicely we would encounter one or more of the above issues during the encounter which did not allow us to kill the named. In addition, evac did not reset the encounter. It required us to relog, or zone out and back into the instance for him to reset. My question is, did we miss anything in the script, or is this a bug/issue?

This fight is not bugged, the stuns,invulnerable and being feigned is part of the script. He is easily beatable.....just keep in mind he doesnt like being out "dps'ed".....hint hint.

If the fight doesn't go his way he bugs (*Cheats*) the encounter so only he can win. Just go die to the crowd and he resets.

Damsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #83
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Ishkur@Crushbone wrote:

Wizard_Thoarin wrote:

Ishkur@Crushbone wrote:

PLAYER HOUSING

I agree 100%

Well I'm glad to know it wasn't just me, but not happy if this is the way its supposed to be.

Same here, ended up on the other end of the SQ zone from my house ... ugh.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #84
Mynervia
Server: Guk
Guild: Revelry and Honor

Loremaster

urgthock wrote:

Bridgeplay wrote:

Please add the text "Does not upgrade at higher levels" to Spells/Combat Arts that have no further upgrade levels. This would help clarify which IVs upgrade and which don't. (Even better, use standard numbers by Tier rather than Roman numerals.)

I definitely wouldn't mind them using roman numerals at all, if they were standardized by tier. As it stands now, it is very confusing for many people.

What about the many spells that aren't present in all tiers?  I'd think things like jumping straight from "Bolt V" to "Bolt VII", or having the very first spell in a line be "Gizmo VIII" would be even /more/ confusing, rather than less.  And stuff that doesn't upgrade, so your highest version winds up as "Bam III" because it came in the 20s?

As weird as the current system is, it does let you easily see that you aren't "missing" anything, since you can see the progression through the spell's versions.  While your final versions might be "VIII", "V", and "III", you can trace their lineage and see how it got there - and more importantly, when levelling up new chars it makes it very clear what's new and what's an upgrade to something old.

No perfect answer of course ....

Mynervia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #85
urgthock

Loremaster

Mynervia@Guk wrote:

urgthock wrote:

Bridgeplay wrote:

Please add the text "Does not upgrade at higher levels" to Spells/Combat Arts that have no further upgrade levels. This would help clarify which IVs upgrade and which don't. (Even better, use standard numbers by Tier rather than Roman numerals.)

I definitely wouldn't mind them using roman numerals at all, if they were standardized by tier. As it stands now, it is very confusing for many people.

What about the many spells that aren't present in all tiers?  I'd think things like jumping straight from "Bolt V" to "Bolt VII", or having the very first spell in a line be "Gizmo VIII" would be even /more/ confusing, rather than less.  And stuff that doesn't upgrade, so your highest version winds up as "Bam III" because it came in the 20s?

As weird as the current system is, it does let you easily see that you aren't "missing" anything, since you can see the progression through the spell's versions.  While your final versions might be "VIII", "V", and "III", you can trace their lineage and see how it got there - and more importantly, when levelling up new chars it makes it very clear what's new and what's an upgrade to something old.

No perfect answer of course ....

Well I don't see that there would ever be anything missing since the game has been autoscribing ALL spells you receive for the last half a year or so. And yes, a highest version being "Bam III" would be great because if you don't see a "Bam IV" then you know that "Bam III" is the highest it goes and so you should have that on your spellbar and be working to master THAT one out and not "Bam II". Some people may not realize this currently and not even have it on their spell bar simply due to the fact that it is a "grey" spell. I personally wouldn't mind Sleight of Hand being Sleight of Hand VIII because, even though it is the only one in the line, it would tell me that it is from Tier 8 (for future upgrade comparison purposes). I feel that would address the issue the devs were trying to address; the spell naming convention being somewhat confusing. With the roman numerals as they stand, they have only added to the confusion. However you are correct, there is no perfect answer.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #86
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

Possible bug with the Rime questlines.

I completed the stone mucus quest and then tried to move on to the next one... albeit, while forgetting to put my mask back on.  I got attacked, killed a single mob, and then put my mask on to talk to her.  She would complete the quest, but would not offer the next.

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #87
Foolsfolly

Loremaster

One of my characters handed in the stone-slime gathering quest in Kunzar Jungle while he was not wearing his Rime Illusion. Now they are refusing to give him the next quest in the line. Please help me!

edit: Oh wow, I totally didn't notice until after I posted that the person before me said the exact same thing. I guess this is a known issue by now.

Foolsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #88
Kaitheel

Dev

Dreyco & Foolsfolly,

It's not a bug, it's a question of faction.  I suggest you then obtain the repeatable quests from the Rime containers at that camp.  Raise your faction to unlock the next quest in the line.  And yes, you should always wear your illusion with the quest givers, as they may recognize you while on a quest, but they will only give quests to those that appear to be working for the Order.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #89
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

Kaitheel wrote:

Dreyco & Foolsfolly,

It's not a bug, it's a question of faction.  I suggest you then obtain the repeatable quests from the Rime containers at that camp.  Raise your faction to unlock the next quest in the line.  And yes, you should always wear your illusion with the quest givers, as they may recognize you while on a quest, but they will only give quests to those that appear to be working for the Order.

I'm not seeing any repeatables being offered at either the fens rime camp or the Kunzar Rime camp.  Am i missing something?

Edit to add:  If they're the barrels/crates, I can't click them.  Probably don't have enough faction yet.  Any other thoughts? SMILEY

Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #90
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

I should probably add, yet didn't want to edit yet again, that my faction is sitting at -4625 about after that quest turn-in.  Customer service had told me that the QA team is aware of an issue and working on it.  Just means i'm stuck for the meantime I suppose SMILEY