EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #31
Barq Bandit

Loremaster

Really not liking the unnecessary cosmetic changes to my Necromancer.

He no longer has the illusion that I've always used to give him is primary look.  It's been replaced with a ghost illusion that says evil like a twinkie says healthy nutrition.  I'd like an alternative means for Necromancers to cast the former illusion, please.

The model replacement choices for the fighter pet line really leave much to be desired.  I loved my flaming bat and iridescent spider.  I summoned them often just for fun while I wasn't out adventuring.  Now they've been replaced with a tiny Human skeleton and a tiny Iksar skeleton.  I can't imagine ever summoning these for fun.  Ever.  They're not scary or cool.  They're just silly.

I don't have words to express how disappointed I am to loose my super awesome winged horned gargoyle demon, and have it replaced with a fresh zombie in a diaper inexplicably carrying a sword and shield with nothing to conceivably hang them from...

Renaming the spell line to something more generic than Undead Knight and putting the pets back the way they were would go a long way.  If you were to take a poll on this, I bet you'd find most Necros would want things back the way they were, with a different spell line name, like "Undead Combatant".  I don't think most Necros would have voted for Undead Knight if they knew they'd be loosing that gargoyle pet.  It's one of the favorite pets amongst players of our class.  I wasn't a fan of the spell line name changes to begin with, and now I'm doubly disappointed with it.

It's especially irksome since there were no gameplay related reasons for these changes.  There was no balancing involved, no stat tweaks needed.  They were changed unnecessarily.  I know the gameplay experience is meant to change over time, but this...  I'm very unhappy with this.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #32
Daryx
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

I had a character die, and had to resummon his mount on reviving.  Anyone actually have this work on them (mounts persisting on death)?  I was wondering if it only worked on mounts that are summoned after the update, but nothing to that effect was mentioned.

My 36 necro's fighter pet (expert) is -- a froglok skeleton???  I have to say, not only not intimidating but esthetically does not say necromancer.  I know votes were made for spell names but it looks like the pet appearance was decided on without input.

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #33
Eldooberino
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Guardian Angels

Guardian

Atan@Unrest wrote:

Bridgeplay wrote:

My wizard's spellbook now has a useless tab for Combat Arts.  Formerly, the Combat Arts tab only displayed for classes that actually have Combat Arts.

Your wizard has combat arts available via aa.

I have Ambidextrious Casting in my CA page - never thought of it as a CA since it is only macroed into a few "up-close" spells I use at times.

Barz

EDIT - BTW - it was on page 3 for some reason - page 1 and 2 were empty /EDIT

Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #34
lazlo1

Loremaster

the color of all my armor changed. I pick them because they were banana yellow. Now they are goldish brown very ugly.

Why did the tint change on these with no warning.

Items:   Keelo'S Chain Hauberk, Sodden Gore Leggings,

and others that match that color they all changed

Very Very Unhappy !!!

lazlo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #35
Silerua

Lord

Some of the necro pets are a little... *cough* odd.  I was very happy to log in and see that my Harvey still looks the same, because I'm sure it sounds strange, but I'm really attached to the guy.  I will regret having to upgrade him whenever the level cap is upped, but I said that last time with my gargoyle, so... (:

My only sadface complaint/comment is although I love, love, love... oh and love the change to our Blighted Horde, I've noticed that one of them doesn't belong -- a werewolf?  *ker-boggle*  As far as I know, werewolves aren't undead.  Otherwise, I love it!  The mummies, zombies, spectres.. all of them are so... necro-y!!

[edit: Oh, okay, so I did have something else... grammar!  I know, it's too late, and that we had plenty of time to whine and vote, and I voted otherwise and sniffled... but our spell, Awaken Grave, makes grammatical sense in the context of a spell's name, but the pet is "___'s awaken grave" ... Awaken is a verb, not an adjective.  *cry*]

Silerua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #36
Jehanne

Loremaster

In giving us the ability to talk out of game with the Station Launcher now we can't talk ingame worth a hoot.  Half of what you say sounds fine and the other half is nothing but a garbled up mess.  This varies from sentence to sentence.  Please fix it before we all have to revert back to TS or ventrilo.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #37
Ciara52

Loremaster

Well I'm not sure how to be constructive about my necro's errr *cough* new tank pet look  SMILEY SMILEY  

So I guess /cry will have to do

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #38
Dartanyen

Loremaster

PLEASE change back the Necro pets... I like the swarm pets... but our main tank pet... is whimpy!!! We didn't want this kind of pet... give us back our gargoyles... Also get the notebooks to show up on Brokers..

Dartanyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #39
attila

Loremaster

Persistent spells should apply modification data properly upon zoning now.

But old baged item spell still worcked, no more aa respect in `09!

Surreal
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #40
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

The change of all illusions (racial especially) to now be random (evidently unintentional as it is not in the release notes) should be rolled  back as this serves noone and is disastrous for role playing servers and players.

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #41
xeyda

Loremaster

On a male high elf in non-SOGA, ctrl-clicking petrified illusion eyes on the broker appears to show only the bald, female versions of those illusions.  Eye color stayed the same as the char's.  The only one that did NOT display female was the orc illusion, which doesn't seem to have changed from pre-GU.

Is this intentional?  Boys to bald-headed girls, I mean?

xeyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #42
Daryx
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

Looks like with the spell renames, tradeskill writs weren't thoroughly changed.  I just did a 44 jeweler writ All That Glitters Is Not Gold rush order, which told me to make Merciless Villainy III.  I filtered on Merciless, got nothing, thought I didn't have the book scribed, bought one I was missing, scribed it, still no hit.  Villainy WAS there and it did get the update when I made it after wasting time trying to make sure it was the correct replacement, but I'm sure there are others out there that don't match.

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #43
Aeralik

Developer

Daryx@Oasis wrote:

Looks like with the spell renames, tradeskill writs weren't thoroughly changed.  I just did a 44 jeweler writ All That Glitters Is Not Gold rush order, which told me to make Merciless Villainy III.  I filtered on Merciless, got nothing, thought I didn't have the book scribed, bought one I was missing, scribed it, still no hit.  Villainy WAS there and it did get the update when I made it after wasting time trying to make sure it was the correct replacement, but I'm sure there are others out there that don't match.

Thanks, I will fix that one first thing in the morning.  A lot of text was changed in this update so there are probably a few things that fell through the cracks.  If you find any others feel free to pm them to me so I can get them fixed pretty quickly. SMILEY

Aeralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:16 AM   #44
Cusashorn

Loremaster

I love the story movie you put in for the Order of Rime. It was just awesome. Adding dialogue to describe who they are while showing close-up shots of the giants who run the whole operation was just great.

It was even better that it played when I was just approaching the iceflows.

This is what this game needs more of in the future: Cinematics to set the story and the mood. I really felt threatened by their presence when I approached them for the first time.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:16 AM   #45
Tehom

Loremaster

shaunfletcher wrote:

The change of all illusions (racial especially) to now be random (evidently unintentional as it is not in the release notes) should be rolled  back as this serves noone and is disastrous for role playing servers and players.

Yeah. I'm not sure why this change was made, but it's actually a pretty big annoyance to roleplayers. Unless there's some incredibly compelling technical reason for it, it should definitely be changed back.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:24 AM   #46
Ghalon
Server: Befallen
Guild: Infamous

Loremaster

Chath@Antonia Bayle wrote:

shaunfletcher wrote:

Yeah. I'm not sure why this change was made, but it's actually a pretty big annoyance to roleplayers. Unless there's some incredibly compelling technical reason for it, it should definitely be changed back.

I think its awesome. Now my bald headed erudiate has hair when he turns into a dark elf.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #47
Vuethon
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Seekers of Euronimity

Loremaster

why the hell has it been delayed for UK, Eur etc?

Are we not important over the pool?

Why would a build succeed for ALL US servers but fail for ALL European servers, just doesn't make sense... It's not like variable things (such as names needing validating) have been changed in this LU, just new content as far as I'm aware.

GRRRR I can't tell you how annoyed I am because I would probably get banned...

Vuethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 AM   #48
Doggi

Loremaster

Vuetee@Runnyeye wrote:

QFE

Sorry, I don't really understand why it has been delayed! No particular reason has been said, just " the update goes live on June, 24" !!

Why the hell?not.... really.... acceptable.... sorry....

Please give the european players a very very very very good reason for delaying the game update...

Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #49
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

well, I would understand a delay for translation reasons because of the new spell lines and so on... But it doesn't account for the UK srevers that are still english... And with the inept community-relations we have, I'm not holding my breath for a reason for this delay.

We already had a full day unannounced downtime and never explained when Freee Realms launched... those things are starting to get on our nerves...

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #50
Lortet

Loremaster

Linuky@Valor wrote:

Sorry, I don't really understand why it has been delayed! No particular reason has been said, just " the update goes live on June, 24" !!

the 24th - where did that come from btw? I hadn't seen anything about EU servers not being updated, but I probably haven't been looking in the right places. If it's true I'm not impressed.

Edit - the network status page claims

Downtime scheduled - 06/17/2009 5:00 AM London Time/ 06/16/2009 9:00 PM Pacific Daylight TimeThis is a notification that UK worlds will be updated at 5:00 AM London Time on the 06/17/2009. The estimated downtime will be 2 hours.

- SOE Operations team

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #51
Doggi

Loremaster

Wait a second...

stated by Soffrina on the german boards:

Soffrina wrote:

Leider müssen wir Ihnen mitteilen, dass die Spielaktualisierung 52 auf Dienstag, den 24 Juni 2009 verschoben werden musste! Wir werden Sie weiterhin auf dem Laufenden halten und bedanken uns im Voraus für Ihr Verständnis!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=453032

Translated:

We are sorry to say that game update 52 has been delayed to June, 24 ... (common blah blah)

Well, here's another quote from official news and announcements, guess we'll have to wait really that long...gnn... don't want to wait... the Moors of Ykesha Quests are sooooo boring ....

Brenlo wrote:

Howdy folks,

Unfortunately we have some issues with the build intended to be pushed out tonight for our European and Japanese servers.  This means we will be holding back the update until Tuesday the 23rd for those servers. I do apologize for the delay.  It was our hope that all of our players could enjoy the content on the same day.  I regret that we cannot do so for you, our loyal fans in Europe and Japan.

So the 23rd it is my friends, for you to also enjoy Kurn's Tower and other new content and features.  We will look to add some additional fun for you folks as well.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #52
Spritelady

Loremaster

I am REALLY hating that my appearance randomly changes when I zone while in gnome form.  It was nice when my hair stayed the same color as my normal form and that the hairstyle was always the same.  Now when I look at the screen I don't know who the heck I am!

Please revert the changes to randomized appearance on illusions.

Level 90 Fury

Dracos Reborn - Butcherblock Server
Spritelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #53
Vuethon
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Seekers of Euronimity

Loremaster

Linuky@Valor wrote:

Vuetee@Runnyeye wrote:

QFE

Why the hell?not.... really.... acceptable.... sorry....

Please give the european players a very very very very good reason for delaying the game update...

100% agree...

and if it's to do with spell names, they could at least push all kurns through and sort out spell names?

push it to English servers?

CHANGE THE TIMER ON WoE at least so that those who got lockouts on tuesday in anticipation for the change on wednesday can go still on friday...

Typical :/

Vuethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #54
Guyver24

Loremaster

I doubt they'd be able to split the content down enough, not without finding yet another flaw in the code somewhere that they didn't find on the test servers.  Yet the question I haven't seen asked, is why has this bug been found AFTER the US servers have been patched?  Surely the content on the Test server is the same for both US and EU when people play on there, as I do not recall any regional option in a drop down menu when you fire up the test server?

It's bad enough that we are 24 hours behind the US servers when patches are launched to the game servers, whether its new content or not.  I also doubt that "Additonal fun" will be any compensation to those of us who actually look forward to wanting to get our hands dirty and start exploring new content on a LIVE server.  As has been stated in another post somewhere, we are losing out on World Wide discoveries (not important to some but a nice thing to have attributed to yourself from time to time).

Meh, I can't be bothered to say anymore other than, well done yet again SOE on managing to break something after its already been pushed out to a set of LIVE servers.  (I have a great sense of the SWG CU/NGE unfolding again)

Guyver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #55
Noaani

Loremaster

Vuetee@Runnyeye wrote:

CHANGE THE TIMER ON WoE at least so that those who got lockouts on tuesday in anticipation for the change on wednesday can go still on friday...

You should be able to reset your lockout timer by then.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #56
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Why would you be able to reset a 4 day 20 hour timer on Friday that was set on Tuesday? If I may make a polite suggestion to SoE, don't fiddle with voice on the same day you are going to be adding new content that you want people to play. Our guild gave up on trying to do any of the new group content last night because voice was so borked. It's going to be really bad if voice is this bad through Fan Faire. It wasn't just the ability to speak out of game. There seems to be a latency that wasn't there before. The sound even seems different. And of course the stuttering and choppiness that wasn't there before. Our guild leader got SEVERAL questions asking if we were going to get a Vent server. I hate Vent because it's a separate program I have to mess with, it's like 8 clicks to adjust someone's volume, and I cannot tell who is talking in-game. Oh and it's expensive.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #57
Noaani

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

Why would you be able to reset a 4 day 20 hour timer on Friday that was set on Tuesday?

Because its now a 2 day 20 hour timer.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #58
Doggi

Loremaster

Noaani wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Why would you be able to reset a 4 day 20 hour timer on Friday that was set on Tuesday?

Because its now a 2 day 20 hour timer.

not if you're playing on a G, F, UK or JP server

Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #59
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:

well, I would understand a delay for translation reasons because of the new spell lines and so on...

As a retired IT professional, I wouldn't understand it at all. I would expect that changes to a major system would be thoroughly planned, including the necessary translation.

Unless, of course, someone entirely forgot about the existance of non-english servers and didn't get in touch with the translation teams. I guess it wasn't until after the update went live on US servers that *anyone* at SOE even realised they were going to have a problem with those servers.

Aeralik wrote:

A lot of text was changed in this update so there are probably a few things that fell through the cracks.

Unlike some, I'm good at translating:

"cracks" = "Europe"

Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #60
skinandbones

Loremaster

No clue if anybody else is having this issue or not but the spell researchers are borked for me.

80 guardian - only shows 2-70+ spells to master and 1-65+.  I only have 2 masters and the rest adept 3

80 templar - Only gave me the option to master repent and a bunch of spells below 40 to master.  all spells 70+ adept3, few masters on this character. 

80 Mystic - all spells at adept 3 no spells come up at all 70+ to research.  All below 60 were my only options

80 necro - the only one that seems to work

80 Troub - The only missing master I need is power ballad and my dmg dot.  Power ballad showed but not my dot.

80 Assassin - Fully adept 3 no masters.  No spells came up above 70+ to research.

Fellow guildmates said they had the same issues.

skinandbones is offline   Reply With Quote