EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #211
Xierce
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Precipice

Loremaster

I know that this thread primarily pertains to the LFG window but as I am currently fooling around with the Station Launcher and my Friends List in-game, I realized that this information could be pertinent to the LFG Window discussion. I primarily group with people I know and even if I don't group with people I know, I will always look for people I know to fill open slots in groups/raids etc., as do most of us long time players of . While the station launcher is nice in that it groups up our friends from each list so we can find them in one place, a lot of us don't run it because it hogs memory especially while playing a game that already is a memory hog. All that is to say. It would be nice if we could either A.) Integrate a friends system linked to your station account in game or B.) Give us a way to store our friends list offline so that we can easily copy it from character to character.

When using the LFG window maybe it could even integrate with our friends network situation to let us know 'friend A and B' are both currently LFG.

Talk amongst yourselves...

Xierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #212
Morogoth Drakul

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

I'd like to hear your opinions on the current "Looking to group" window. 

Do you use it? 

What do you like about it? 

What do you NOT like about it? 

Do you have any suggestions for making it better?

• yes
  • features including lfg/lfm, role selection, mentor option, level range preference, etc.
  • not many others use it or its functionally broke
  • allow it to see through anon/rp tag to get information (pretty much all of nagafen is tagged anon or rp dunno about other servs, so lfg is rendered obsolete). also make a lfg button so we dont need to type it.

=====Nagafen=====

[Sseth]=[Guardian]

[Salathiel]=[Inquistor]

[Morogoth]=[Assassin]

Morogoth Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #213
Tankerhll

Lord

Theres nothing wrong with the function of LFG, however i think it could be mostly scraped. instead promote a instant group button for anyone within your lvl range lfg. or if your in a group and you want DPS or Tank ect just being able as a leader of a group hit a Find (role) and auto invites any one looking. a few filter choices could help narrow choices down, ie person wants to group in following zones..or type of zones... but not ect.

its not a perfect idea but its is one.

In a way i do kinda miss limited world chat based on faction or region, if it were a little bit limited then people would generaly use such functions more. or maybe a new chat channel on accesible if you are taged LFG or in a group already (for looking for more) it would reduce chat clutter on the level rooms.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey look on the bright side. chicks LOVE scars....
Tankerhll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #214
Jaxl

Tester

Just make it as simple as possible and people will start using it again!

Typing /lfg or clicking the lfg button should just toggle your status.  Single click.

On the players window,  give LFG its own tab, default to server wide, sorted by level. 

People are unlikely to change the ways that they currently look for group (just asking in chat what they want/need) so some complex listing of wants/needs is just never going to be used despite the good intentions of the developer.

Jaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #215
MkayDota

Loremaster

I *always* use the LFG window - have for many years - and I have literally not once had success with it. No one uses it. I think you should try to implement a way of encouraging people to use it more, especially the LFM system. Guilds have become so insular that they don't bother to LFM when really they could make some solo players much happier.

It bothers me endlessly when I see 1-9 LFG messages yet the person isn't using the LFG system.

If you created some kind of textual notification where when someone types LFG anywhere a window will pop up asking if they want to be added to the LFG window. No one ever says LFG unless they're actually looking for a group, so it would not only remind people to use the LFG window but also that it simply exists.

MkayDota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #216
isest

Loremaster

MkayDota wrote:

I *always* use the LFG window - have for many years - and I have literally not once had success with it. No one uses it. I think you should try to implement a way of encouraging people to use it more, especially the LFM system. Guilds have become so insular that they don't bother to LFM when really they could make some solo players much happier.

It bothers me endlessly when I see 1-9 LFG messages yet the person isn't using the LFG system.

If you created some kind of textual notification where when someone types LFG anywhere a window will pop up asking if they want to be added to the LFG window. No one ever says LFG unless they're actually looking for a group, so it would not only remind people to use the LFG window but also that it simply exists.

Ahem,  OK so you never had any success with it even using it for years?  Then you say it bothers you to see folks in 1-9 asking for groups, but nobody uses the lfg.

Kind of an odd statement.  If nobody is using lfg tool they got to look for groups somehow.  So I don't see why that would bother you unless you somehow think the lfg tools is going to start being used again.

I was just really puzzled by your post.  AS it was illogical.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #217
Teonya
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

I use both lfg window and level chat ( I dont post but I do msg folk who do when appropriate).

It is a lot easier for me to send a tell to someone who post a lfg msg in chat with the current system that's in place.

IMO the lfg window is antiquated and needs updated ( as others have posted).

Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #218
Valeda

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

I'd like to hear your opinions on the current "Looking to group" window. 

Do you use it? 

What do you like about it? 

What do you NOT like about it? 

Do you have any suggestions for making it better?

Rothgar.. I dont keep up with the forums as much as I should but were you here in 2004?I sure as heck miss just typing /lfg and not having to go through all of that job application style programming the new window asks me for. Personally I would rather have an updated who is looking rather than the current one. Just my two cents.

Valeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #219
HotRod

Loremaster

I'd like to see LFG work better.  I think adding alts you would be willing to bring to the group would help.

LFW Definately needs to include alts that can tradeskill, possibly including faction recipies obtained, etc...

HR

HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #220
Macaron

Loremaster

1. Sometimes when I q with group members it take either 1min or 1hour to get the the pop up window to enter.

2. The 25% xp is slightly noticeable maybe its noticeable at higher lvls, but its something cant complain.

3. Out of 4 choices in random Q I ussaly get the same instance about 8 times.

Too much hassle for 25% bonus I think as of now too many bugs.

I'm also probly in wrong thread but couldent find the "dungeon finder thread".

Macaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #221
Regolas

Loremaster

Is this thread even looked at anymore? I think the concept of the LFG and LFM window is good and I'm baffled why rarely anyone on my server uses it. I think it's a neat idea to have a quick way for anyone just logging on to see who's LFG and what groups are LFM but it just doesn't seem to be utilised in favour of spamming Level 1-9 chat. I don't think there's anything wrong with it but unless people bother to use it it's useless.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote