EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #31
Vonotar
Server: Butcherblock

Loremaster

Mulethree wrote:

The inability to pick up notrades is a pain as I can't use a teleporter while moving things.  Anyone have a way around this? Surely theres some way to select things from a list and activate without using the mouse?  I'm grateful that the doors are automatic.

Easy, ignore the item, go to the location where you want to move it to, then type /house to access the options you get when normally clicking the housedoor and select the item from the list of house contents.

You can /house from anywhere, it's also a good way of getting out of a house when you've boxed yourself into a corner.

Vonotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #32
Mulethree

Loremaster

Magnamundian wrote:

Mulethree wrote:

The inability to pick up notrades is a pain as I can't use a teleporter while moving things.  Anyone have a way around this? Surely theres some way to select things from a list and activate without using the mouse?  I'm grateful that the doors are automatic.

Easy, ignore the item, go to the location where you want to move it to, then type /house to access the options you get when normally clicking the housedoor and select the item from the list of house contents.

You can /house from anywhere, it's also a good way of getting out of a house when you've boxed yourself into a corner.

Theres 1400 items on the list, and 3 different 'tranquil bonsai' all located on 'the floor' (even tho ones on a table and anothers on the lawn) .  Which one is it?  But no, I didn't realize you could access an item from that list that you can't pick up - I thought it just let you put the item into your inventory which would require you to be able to pick it up?

Mulethree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #33
Ventisly

Loremaster

Allowing non-trustees to pick up anything no-trade that belongs to them is not a good idea. It leads to constanly questioning the trust of those that you might have paid to place items (faction items, crafting stations,...) for you whether they are in your guild or not. Forcing guild leaders to blacklist someone from the guild hall completely is also a bit extreme. On top of that, the proposed solution won't solve all of the issues as there are several items such as holiday decorations (pumpkins, turkeys, egg nog, snowdrifts,...) that are tradable but could be considered limited availability.

If the understanding is clear that when a no-trade item is placed that it will belong to the guild that's what will work the best. If it's an item that a guildmate wants to loan to the guild then perhaps it will keep things more civil if someone wants to move on since they'll have to ask for their stuff back first. If the leadership for a guild is the type that will kick folks for no good reason well, you shouldn't loan those folks your stuff and those are the type of leaders that won't think twice about blacklisting someone from the guild hall. The proposed solution won't solve the intended problem at all and will just introduce more headaches for decorators and guild leaders to worry about.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #34
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Rothgar wrote:

Uryuk wrote:

Rothgar,

Any thought about an Attic or somthing where guilds can store their unused decorations, they wouldnt be visable or rendered, however if a guild wanted to pull out the Frostfell decorations and store away the Halloween decorations they would be able to without taking up guild valut space or personal storage.  this attic should only allow furniture items so it coulnt be used as additional guild bank

Uryuk

Unrest

When I designed the Crafting Supply Depot I did it in a generic way that would allow us to create other types of containers to store items.  So this would be a possiblity and definitely something we can look into in the future.  

OH!  I vote for a Furniture P.O.D.! 

*IF* you can figure out a way to allow us to also store all the no trade furniture as well.  'Cause, if you give it the same limits as the Harvesting Depot (100 unique items) we'd be out of room in no time flat.  'Cause I bet that every single No Trade item would be counted as a seperate and unique item.   Of 'course, again, this is where the removal of the majority of the 'no trade' tag from Quest awarded/earned furniture could come in handy ..  (ie: all the Dirty/void furniture, odd Lore quests, all books, LoN crap, any furniture that doesn't have some kind of uber-effect, etc ...)

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #35
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

I'd rather the No Trade tag just be removed as well. It serves no real purpose on aesthetic-only oriented pieces anyhow. It would stop forcing us to either place it, bank it, or sell it to the vendor with it being lost forever. It's like the Lore tag was on aesthetic-only house items, antiquated and really serves no purpose but to irritate.

If this can't happen then I'll have to vote against this proposal UNLESS it is restricted to Friend+ access. A Visitor should be a visitor regardless of whether they have placed something in someones house or not. If the house owner wants them to be able to take their things whenever they want to then they can provide the proper access to do so (Friend+).

We should not be forced to blacklist characters of people we may still be friends with in order to prevent accidental "pickups" (which I have done myself when decorating) which can ruin a display and the item can't be put back without dismantling the entire structure (yes, I've done this as well with my own things but at least then I only have myself to blame).

Oh, and something else that came to mind just now, please make it to where custom access levels transfer to a new house if a person moves. It's annoying to have put them all back on the list again.

Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #36
Hogatha

Loremaster

I also think the no-trade restriction on all house items should be removed.  Sometimes it's a pain to even know whether the character who placed an object still exists.  Therefore, all that can be done is either move the items or destroy them, which seems rather drastic at times.

If it's a matter of preventing rare/old house items from being sold on the broker, perhaps a tag could be set to make it not tradeable, but still pick-up/drop-able in houses only and also bankable/guild bankable

Hogatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
Cusashorn

Loremaster

I think all no-trade items should be sharable based entirely on the player's account. I have in my own house a few no-trade items that I placed with a characer that no longer even exists. I admit that I have no intentions of moving into a new house or anything, but it'd be nice to be able to pick them up if I wanted or needed to.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #38
ke'la

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Uryuk wrote:

Rothgar,

Any thought about an Attic or somthing where guilds can store their unused decorations, they wouldnt be visable or rendered, however if a guild wanted to pull out the Frostfell decorations and store away the Halloween decorations they would be able to without taking up guild valut space or personal storage.  this attic should only allow furniture items so it coulnt be used as additional guild bank

Uryuk

Unrest

When I designed the Crafting Supply Depot I did it in a generic way that would allow us to create other types of containers to store items.  So this would be a possiblity and definitely something we can look into in the future.

This is something I would love to buy for my house as well... My house vault is already full of stuff on 3 differant toons do to holiday items... and I still have Valintines stuff in my houses attic.

ke'la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #39
Rhak
Server: Guk
Guild: Order of the Fox

General

Yes, PLEASE do this. I have No-Trade items from all kinda of alts all put into one house. I don't know who owns what anymore, and if I dare to move (that 5 room guild-only house in Qeynos will be mine someday!), quite a bit of my junk will just go Poof! and that's it as I can't move it (my main who I play will be a different person who owns the house, etc).

Just remove the No-Trade tag altogether, or develop some magical way for one character to claim EVERYTHING in a house, picking up EVERYTHING that belongs to the same account (and has Trustee access), and putting it into one giant storage container that can be moved completely out of the house, and plopped into another.

The Edge of Forever Bar and Grill - 2 Lucie Street, South Qeynos, Guk Server

Rhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #40
DrkVsr

Loremaster

On a slightly similar note, mah gnecro is afraid of moving because of her pet dragon: she has had the dragon since the beginning when pets could have 2 names and not sure what will happen now if she picks it up/moves to a bigger house

Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:06 AM   #41
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

DrkVsr wrote:

On a slightly similar note, mah gnecro is afraid of moving because of her pet dragon: she has had the dragon since the beginning when pets could have 2 names and not sure what will happen now if she picks it up/moves to a bigger house

dragons aren't no trade so just pick it up.  either it will lose the double name or it won't.   If you are that freaked out about it .. do a /copy add on that character and then load up the Test Copy Server and try it.  Whatever you do on the Test copy server doesn't count.  Then you will know.

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #42
Rhak
Server: Guk
Guild: Order of the Fox

General

Cusashorn wrote:

I think all no-trade items should be sharable based entirely on the player's account. I have in my own house a few no-trade items that I placed with a characer that no longer even exists. I admit that I have no intentions of moving into a new house or anything, but it'd be nice to be able to pick them up if I wanted or needed to.

This is EXACTLY what I think should happen with the 'no-trade' house items - they should be sharable across your account. I tried to get somebody other than the current houseowner to purchase a new residence, and I can't move all the items out of the old location because they're special no-trade items - and in this case, they're the no-trade items that can only be /claimed once per account.

Why can't I move the bloody things? I don't want these reward paintings of mine to just go poof!

The Edge of Forever Bar and Grill - 2 Lucie Street, South Qeynos, Guk Server

Rhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #43
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

A reminder to those who fear to move because they can't pack up the no-trade stuff in their house - when you change addresses, all items in the house are put into a moving crate and transferred to your new house automatically.  This is regardless of who owns the item or what tags it has.  While you cannot take no-trade items which belong to a different character into your inventory from the moving crate, you can move it from the moving crate (ie, set it in the house directly, without having it in your bag at any time).

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #44
Donilla
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Carnival of Khaos

Loremaster

I do think some sort of control over no-trade items needs to be added. Allowing the owner to retrieve the item is a good idea. Perhaps, to address some of the mentioned concerns, that ability could be tied to a 'friend' setting or higher. So guildies and people who are special but are not trustees, could still retrieve their items, but visitors could not.  Allowing the GL to pick up items is good too, but they should not be allowed to destroy them. I think the default should be to mail the items back to the owner, maybe at the guilds expense.

And I love the idea of special crates in the hall. I was disappointed when I realized I couldn't put in guild vault storage to hold seasonal items. For now I had to place those on an alt mule. Make it an amenity (but not a real costly one) and even make them specific to seasons if you want, but giving us storage woudl be fantastic.

Donilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 AM   #45
DrkVsr

Loremaster

So when you move house and you have some no-trade items that don't belong to you, you can still move them and put them on the wall or where-ever? Just can't 'pick them up' and place them into your inventory or vault?

That might help with the Dragon, but still think ah will just get mah rat-mule to use some of the funds she has gotten from the broker to buy a lvl 5 (really, it's a lvl 3 with a partition between 2 of the rooms) house, just need to do it without her running into any discos along the way

Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

Old 11-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #46
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

DrkVsr wrote:

So when you move house and you have some no-trade items that don't belong to you, you can still move them and put them on the wall or where-ever? Just can't 'pick them up' and place them into your inventory or vault?

That might help with the Dragon, but still think ah will just get mah rat-mule to use some of the funds she has gotten from the broker to buy a lvl 5 (really, it's a lvl 3 with a partition between 2 of the rooms) house, just need to do it without her running into any discos along the way

Yep, that's exactly how it works.  Everything moves to the new house automatically, just move them from the Moving Crate to wherever you want to place them.  Also, anyone who placed a no-trade item in your house will get an email telling them that you moved and their item moved with you.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #47
DrkVsr

Loremaster

What if no one owns the No Trade items? Some time ago the original house gifts (the mirror, table, light) were reset and lost the ownership

Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #48
Snowdonia

Tester

Lodrelhai wrote:

Everything moves to the new house automatically, just move them from the Moving Crate to wherever you want to place them.

DrkVsr,

The above statement really cannot be said enough (or more clearly). Whether the character still exists or not is irrelevant. The above happens regardless of a characters status within the game.

To get back on topic,

Is there any further thoughts, input, or revelations, Rothgar, that you've come up with?

*hopes for serious thought going into the antiquated NO-TRADE flags on aesthetic-only items (meaning no effects attached) being removed and a vetoing of Visitors being allowed access to remove their items they have given to other's houses*

Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #49
Rivel

Loremaster

put a 'tag' system on the access window. if a person places something that they will want later, they click 'keep ownership' and if they leave it blank, the hall owner can destroy an item if needed. items marked as 'keep owernship' will follow the owner depending on what they decide to do. if the trustee's decide they dont want the item they can do a 'pick up' like normal only the item would be deposited into a moving crate to the true owners house, simularly if the member chooses to leave the guild all items marked as 'keep owernship' will be moved into a moving crate

Rivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #50
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

What I think would be a nice addition is, after a no-trade item is placed inside a house, the owner of that item could right-click and choose something like "transfer ownership to owner of house/guild hall". That way it'd retain its no-trade tag, but no one would have to worry about the person returning later to ninja-claim it.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #51
Snowdonia

Tester

It seems what we're getting is the ability of the house owner to mail items back to their owner via an option in the right-click, drop down menu. Definitely a better alternative even if it isn't the optimal one (imo).
Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #52
Allyra

Loremaster

Thanks for adding the ability for guild hall trustees to see which character owns the no-trade items AND the ability to mail it back to that character!  It's going to be lovely to finally get rid of the leftover items in our guild hall!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #53
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

We are considering amending the rules in houses and guild halls to allow the owners of No-Trade items to pick them back up even if their access level normally wouldn't permit them to do so.  This would allow people to place items with a little more reassurance that they could retrieve it at a later time.  However, if their access were completely removed so they couldn't enter the house, they still would not be able to retrieve the item.

What do you guys think about this change?  Would it solve more problems than it would create?

Good start, it will solve some problems, but people have been kicked out of guilds, and not always fairly, and they lose their access to the NT items they may have placed.  But, you'd have to be careful as people have sold NT house items placement for plat and it would suck to sell something and take it back and run with the plat.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #54
Kurindor_Mythecnea

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

We are considering amending the rules in houses and guild halls to allow the owners of No-Trade items to pick them back up even if their access level normally wouldn't permit them to do so.  This would allow people to place items with a little more reassurance that they could retrieve it at a later time.  However, if their access were completely removed so they couldn't enter the house, they still would not be able to retrieve the item.

What do you guys think about this change?  Would it solve more problems than it would create?

My home has belongings amassed as gifts from departing friends.  For toon's that haven't logged in for over three months, items should automatically become the owner's. It dejects me to know that I can't transfer the gifts others gave to me in charity to my guild hall, to remember them at a place I would always frequent to commonly see. I haven't obtained my guild hall yet, but this is a set back when other guild halls have all the items I like to use perfectly consolidated, a situation I could afford myself with were my suggestion to see its inception.

Kurindor_Mythecnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #55
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:

It seems what we're getting is the ability of the house owner to mail items back to their owner via an option in the right-click, drop down menu. Definitely a better alternative even if it isn't the optimal one (imo).

There's a bit of an interesting thing that happens with this in houses. I went into my friend's house, as a trustee, and was re-decorating for him. On his no-trade items, it was giving me the option to return them to owner. Is this right? A trustee could mess with the owner's house by returning all their no trade items to them? While it might be funny to do once to someone, I think there is something overlooked here.

And yes, I realize that a trustee should be someone you could trust with your items, but I think that the power to return items to owners inside houses should only be reserved to the owner of that house.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #56
walaruss

Tester

current "send notrade item to mail" is perfect, but please add boxes where we can store unused stuff too, like you would do for xmas stuff in RL, we have about 200 different items for cristmas in our guildhall it would reduce the load of them (they are all stacked up in a room , even the no trade ones)

walaruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #57
Selioth

Loremaster

I have god quest items in a former guilds guild hall and want them back but cannot get them because the guild leader refuses to give them back and I can not pick them up even tho they are no-trade and flagged for my char, I petitioned it and the GM told me that once you put something in a guild hall wether no trade or not it becomes property of that guild and just like being sold or traded, and after further petitioning (3 total emails) I was told to drop it or they would consider it herasment and "Deal" with it appropriatly, Please put in the Right click pick up for no trade items that are flagged for your char, I want my god quest rewards back!!!

Selioth ~ 90 Monk ~ Nagafen

Anoo ~ 90 Warden ~ Nagafen

Azerack ~ 90 Conj ~ Nagafen

Pholik ~ 90 Coercer ~ Nagafen

Kantho ~ 90 Swash ~ Nagafen

Stoka ~ 90 Troub ~ Nagafen

Thel ~ 90 Pally ~ Nagafen

Aotho ~ 80 Warlock ~ Nagafen

Aimbot ~ 80 Ranger ~ Nagafen

Anoo ~ 90 Zerker ~ Unrest

Kahlos ~ 90 Monk ~ Unrest

Kantho ~ 90 Swash ~ Unrest
Selioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #58
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Well, there are really 2 things going on in this thread:

1. The ability to mail the item back to the original owner is a good option and the best when it comes to securing items in a guild hall as it is today.
  2. The transfer of No-Trade items through sales and placement.

Personally, I would LOVE to see the No-Trade tag removed from every house/guild hall placeable item in the game. Many people in the games are collectors and this tag prohibits that game play. It is obviously not game breaking in any way but it play enhancing for a particular play style. And as already stated, as players leave the game they often dont mind passing on things to friends to enjoy but those things have limited control over them once the owner is gone from the game.

Please consider removing this widley overused tag from game. Seriously, who cares if the quest was done by XX Toon and now resides in the possession of YY Toon. People like to decorate houses and guild halls and acquire items.

NOW, if the No-Trade tag was removed from all the house / guild hall placeable items it would be a good thing to have an option at your personal house door to RETRIEVE ITEMS FROM OTHERS. In this event you could go home and get back anything you had placed in others homes or guild halls.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #59
Selioth

Loremaster

I really want this system implamented ASAP!!!

I have been trying to get 3 god house items back from a former guilds guild hall for 6 months now, GMs wont help, CSRs wont help, and the only trustee of the guild hall refuses to send them back. I'm getting so frustrated that I'm about to say screw it and cancel my subscription over it, I've been a paying customer for years and when I really need help from sony I get nothing?

Selioth ~ 90 Monk ~ Nagafen

Anoo ~ 90 Warden ~ Nagafen

Azerack ~ 90 Conj ~ Nagafen

Pholik ~ 90 Coercer ~ Nagafen

Kantho ~ 90 Swash ~ Nagafen

Stoka ~ 90 Troub ~ Nagafen

Thel ~ 90 Pally ~ Nagafen

Aotho ~ 80 Warlock ~ Nagafen

Aimbot ~ 80 Ranger ~ Nagafen

Anoo ~ 90 Zerker ~ Unrest

Kahlos ~ 90 Monk ~ Unrest

Kantho ~ 90 Swash ~ Unrest
Selioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #60
Snowdonia

Tester

It's already implemented, ages ago. This isn't a CS issue, it's a personal one between you and your old guild. Coming here and continually bumping this thread in hopes something else is going to get implemented to allow you to get your items back from someone else's hall/house on your own, that you placed knowingly, is only exacerbating that whole "harassment" thing by adding to it. I understand these items are unique and cannot be obtained again, but you shouldn't let it take over you're entire gaming experience.