EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
Yimway

Loremaster

Laenai@Oasis wrote:

Ryptide@Permafrost wrote:

Level 92 with no crit mit requirements, will make HM Drunder, a walk in the park, for most guilds.

This is why they did level 92 with no CM requirements.

Remember that whole thing about getting more people into upper eschelon zones? Instead of, I don't know, working on the actual game, they opted to bandaid fix it with 2 levels and removing a 4 year old game mechanic.

They pushed PoW out too early, not enough folks were close enough to completion of Drunder HM, they watered Drunder down until they couldn't water it down much more, and now they're removing what had become an (unfortunately) important gating mechanic and popped up 2 levels so that lesser guilds and players could do it.

I don't agree that this is what they are doing.  Mainly cause the rewards in GU63 content are on par, or outweigh the value of going back to these zones as level 92.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #32
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

I was under the impression that the actual CM on gear would be replaced with HP. I guess its replaced with nothing? And our CM adorns are replaced with crappy amounts of HP.

Awesome.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #33
Banditman

Loremaster

Laenai@Oasis wrote:

I guess its replaced with nothing? And our CM adorns are replaced with crappy amounts of HP.

Awesome.

That sums it up rather neatly.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #34
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Thanks $OE for consistently doing the wrong thing to customers.  At least you are consistent. I suppose.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #35
Ryptide
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

Atan@Unrest wrote:

Mainly cause the rewards in GU63 content are on par, or outweigh the value of going back to these zones as level 92.

Precisely the problem if they allow guilds to leap frog over to the new content.  GU63 is a continuation of the Destiny of Velious expansion.  Velious should be all one linear raid progression chain.  From Kraytocs to Kael to Drunder to PoW, and then into Skyshrine.

Ryptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #36
Banditman

Loremaster

Atan@Unrest wrote:

Mainly cause the rewards in GU63 content are on par, or outweigh the value of going back to these zones as level 92.

Precisely the problem if they allow guilds to leap frog over to the new content.  GU63 is a continuation of the Destiny of Velious expansion.  Velious should be all one linear raid progression chain.  From Kraytocs to Kael to Drunder to PoW, and then into Skyshrine.

This.  Yes.

So now there will be exactly one raid zone that matters?  This is considered "progress"?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #37
Leovinus

Loremaster

Atan@Unrest wrote:

I agree.  But I think SOE more or less screwed themselves royally on that line of thought by making PoW and to a very slightly lesser extent Drunder HM too... Wing 3.  Lemme 'splain.

They designed (on purpose or not) Drunder HM and PoW to be so hard as to only allow real meaningful progression to the very few, and I mean perhaps 1 guild on a server (if that, and even after they're made killable).  Didn't leave a lot of headroom.  If they continued to design new raid zones to be accessible only by those who have cleared and farmed the prior progression step, you'd essentially be leaving everyone behind.

If they'd designed Drunder HM/PoW to be the true middle progression step of the expansion, there would have been a dozen guilds on every server clearing them by now.  Unfortunately, SOE seemed to know this and instead decided to make it more like Wing 3, so their hardcore 1 or fewer guilds on a server wouldn't have quit long ago due to lack of challenge.  That would have worked out fine, I suspect, but then they decided to scrap Normal mode PoW.  And guess what?  Now they've painted themselves into a corner, because that essentially gates pretty much everything beyond.

I believe the only way for long view progression (like they are/were trying with DoV) to work is to keep the 2 difficulty settings, and for the normal to step into its Challenge directly.  Yes, it would make the hardmodes of the earlier content obsolete when the new stuff releases, but at least it would give the players some better ability to see the content while it's current and keep from having to completely reboot, thus more or less forcing the skipping of 9-12 months of raid content in a single update, with the majority never even having seen it.

Leovinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

You anyone be able to tell me if critical avoidance stat on Swashies were affected in any way with this?  Doesn't say so in th patch notes (asking for a guildie)

Yeesh can't spell.  Try this again.

Can anyone tell me if critical avoidance was affected?

i.e = needed critical chance to beat the mobs critical avoidance.

I do not see it mentioned on the patch notes, unless it is tied into the crit mit removal on mobs.

Asking for a guildie who has a Swashie.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
Fitz

Lord

No, critical avoidance is a different mechanic. You still need crit chance, which is why it still displays, and wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #40
feldon30

Fansite Staff

All the [HM Drunder] strats are easy

------------------------

Ryptide Revelations Butcherblock

*blink* *blink*

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #41
Fireface

Seer

If you think removing crit mit has not gimped progression you are sadly mistaken.  My guild who has been progressing through HM kael (never done any HM ToRZ) and EM drunder walked into HM sullons yesterday and nearly killed Gregor on the first pull.  I might add that half the raid force was new recruits and wearing half ry'gorr gear.  Why do i have the feeling 2/3 of current DoV raid content will be completely obsolete in a few weeks..... Save EQ2.

Fireface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #42
Yimway

Loremaster

Fireface wrote:

If you think removing crit mit has not gimped progression you are sadly mistaken.  My guild who has been progressing through HM kael (never done any HM ToRZ) and EM drunder walked into HM sullons yesterday and nearly killed Gregor on the first pull.  I might add that half the raid force was new recruits and wearing half ry'gorr gear.  Why do i have the feeling 2/3 of current DoV raid content will be completely obsolete in a few weeks..... Save EQ2.

It will all be obsolete on april 17th anyway.  So even if you are correct (which I don't think you are), the median raid population completing Dunder HM before april 17th isn't really an issue.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #43
Ryptide
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

*blink* *blink*

Hi Feldon!

Ryptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #44
LF_Snape

Loremaster

I WANT MY PLAT BACK FOR REFORGING ALL MY TOONS, THIS IS TOTAL !!!!BS!!!! WASTED G@D D^M COIN..  NOW I HAVE STUPID A$$ HP ADORNS ON ALL MY GEAR, AND NOW I HAVE TO WASTE MORE FREAKING PLAT AND SHARDS TO GET WHAT I NEED!!! YOU IDOITS REALLY KNOW HOW TO SCREW UP A GAME.

CPU I7 2600k @4.2Ghz

MB: Gigabyte P67

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gig DDR3-1886Mhz

Video: Nvidia Asus 580 GTX 1.5Gig Ram

PS: OCZ ZX 1250w

Case: Cooler Master HAF X 942

HD: WD VelociRaptor 10k RPM
LF_Snape is offline   Reply With Quote