EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Rothgar

Developer

You've been bragging to all of your friends about pwning newbs, now its time to back it up!

Yesterday we made Battlegrounds available on Test Copy.  It wasn't long before matches were running and people were killing each other, all in good fun, mind you.

Now we want to try to stress the system and make sure it will work under a heavier load of players.  This means we need your help! 

Our /testcopy script is running nightly now, so if you use this command on any of your characters, it'll be queued for a copy and should move over within 24-48 hours.  In the meantime, we've setup a beta buffer on the Commonlands and Antonica docks.  So please don't wait for your character to copy.  You can log in and buff up to 80 with some gear.  True, you won't be [Removed for Content]' in your raid gear or shard gear, but at this point we really just want to see how the system will handle a large group of players.

So if you have the time, please log into Test Copy and help us try the new Battlegrounds system.

Some additional things to know:

If you haven't logged into a test server, its very easy now with the streaming client.  Go to eq2players.com, click "Get the Game" and then click "Reinstall EQII".  After the game is installed and you've logged in, click Options and choose "Test Server" from the dropdown box. 

Battlegrounds are currently enabled on Test Copy, but not Test, so be sure you select or create a character on the proper server in order to join Battlegrounds.

The server will be coming down in a little while for us to apply some bug fixes.

There is a known crash bug if you have a third-party UI installed that modified the map window.  So please use the Default UI for now.  This bug will be fixed later this evening.

If you have any other questions about Battlegrounds, feel free to ask your fellow players on Test Copy.  Many have been playing since yesterday and know all the ins-and-outs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
hellfire

Loremaster

Turn off the rain in smugglers den and tone down the particles around the towers.

Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!

2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
steelbadger

Loremaster

Bigron@Unrest wrote:

Turn off the rain in smugglers den and tone down the particles around the towers.

Gotta agree with this.  I've been doing all the other battlegrounds on extreme quality but even when I went to balanced in SD I was getting nasty FPS when fighting around towers.

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Let's keep it constructive people...  leave the battles to the battlegrounds!!!  SMILEY

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
kreepr

General

Yeah the rain is bad for FPS. I have not had any issues till I went in Smugglers Den and I crashed half way threw the fight. I was able to relog and jump back in the fight but I would just rather not crash. SMILEY Otherwise it was a great zone.

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
Brimestar

Loremaster

I have a question; In the past people were asking about transferring off of a "blue" server to a "red" server. The response was that would never happen due to the different rule sets.  Now, there is one pvp server left and now there are battle grounds.  Isn' that, in essence, the same thing as what was asked in the past?

Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com.

Brimestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
svtcobrar351

Loremaster

When do we get our AA back that we lost joining battlegrounds?

svtcobrar351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
shalom

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

You've been bragging to all of your friends about doing a better job testing, now its time to back it up!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fixed.

AA 201+ gone.

Hotbars not following.

Dead before all of group lands.

Another half-baked SOE pie....in our faces.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Baztien

Loremaster

Massive Concussive Shock hits entire groups regardless of where they may be in the zone (battleground).

This may be happening on other group-wide procs.. idk

Baztien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #10
Whill
Server: Nagafen

General

Hi Rothgar,

I have some feedback on the battlegrounds.  First off, let me say I've been playing Sentinels Fate in beta and since launch on Live, and you guys have done great on this one!  I've been enjoying myself immensely - at least I was, up until I logged into Gears of Klak Anon for the first and only time yesterday.

When I returned to Sundered Frontier from Gears, I began experiencing regular, frequent periods of unplayable lag.  Thinking that this might just be because Sundered Frontier is new and full of people, even though it hadn't happened prior to going into Gears, I switched to a new character on Queen's Colony.  I experienced the same lag there, and in Baubbleshire, and in Oakmyst Forest - all essentially empty zones.  I can go for a couple of minutes just fine and then I am bogged down for a couple of minutes with video lag, casting lag, general latency.  EQ2 has NEVER played so horribly for me in the four years I have played the game.

I don't know how to describe it so you might have an idea of what might need fixing, but something is wrong here.  I can't play my game!  I hope you guys can fix it.

Softpaws Sharpclaws

Whill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #11
ashen1973

Loremaster

i think the question is more Battlegrounds, Do you (SOE) have what it takes? these have been implemented with huge amount of Bugs and have only been playable (On Euro servers) for one evening in the 12 days since the scheduled release time.

--Quote from John Smedley, CEO of SOE, Oct 07

ashen1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
Macross_JR

Loremaster

Softpaws@The Bazaar wrote:

Hi Rothgar,

I have some feedback on the battlegrounds.  First off, let me say I've been playing Sentinels Fate in beta and since launch on Live, and you guys have done great on this one!  I've been enjoying myself immensely - at least I was, up until I logged into Gears of Klak Anon for the first and only time yesterday.

When I returned to Sundered Frontier from Gears, I began experiencing regular, frequent periods of unplayable lag.  Thinking that this might just be because Sundered Frontier is new and full of people, even though it hadn't happened prior to going into Gears, I switched to a new character on Queen's Colony.  I experienced the same lag there, and in Baubbleshire, and in Oakmyst Forest - all essentially empty zones.  I can go for a couple of minutes just fine and then I am bogged down for a couple of minutes with video lag, casting lag, general latency.  EQ2 has NEVER played so horribly for me in the four years I have played the game.

I don't know how to describe it so you might have an idea of what might need fixing, but something is wrong here.  I can't play my game!  I hope you guys can fix it.

Softpaws Sharpclaws

I have to say the same thing has been happening to me.  HUGE LAG after I tried the BG's.  Not only lag I've been getting HUGE PACKET LOSS.  I don't know what is going on, but it is not cool.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
ChildofHate

Loremaster

Something better than a poorly implimented pvp idea:  Do you have what it takes?

An optimized game / gfx engine to run on todays machines:  Do you have what it takes?

An MMO that doesn't perform worse when a new expansion is released:  Do you have what it takes?

A Dev team that actually listens to what the majority of players want out of their product: Do you have what it takes?

ChildofHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
Baztien

Loremaster

Conquer.

Massive Concussive Shock.

Still broken.

Still, other effects going raidwide. Why not just put a radius on these procs, like normal green effects have?

Baztien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #15
DngrMou

General

BG down for well over 24 hours.  No word on when/if it's coming back up.  No word on what's wrong.  No announcements at all from SOE, other than the generic, "Battlegrounds is disabled", MOTD...which only confirms what we already know. 

Serious fail, SOE.

DngrMou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

Battlegrounds: Do you have what it takes?

Apparently nobody thought to ask the devs this in the project kick-off meeting... SMILEY

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
Geothe

Loremaster

Lets see:Lost AAs.Lost Gear.Lost toons.Zoning Servers to a crawl.Active Duping Exploit.Passive Duping Bug.

Yeah, I believe the answer is SoE doesn't have what it takes.LOL

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
Aule
Server: Guk

Loremaster

It's gotta suck to have to be the one to post the PR release about a product that is such a massive fail.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #19
Dogtag
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Dark Haven

Loremaster

to turn it... can you get the server it takes?

Dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
attrox

Loremaster

"have what it takes?" what does this mean? when SOE just gives it all away for little to no effort?

No Risk but full sets of rewad, all in a last ditch effort to gain market share, from those who burnt out on playing Competitors AAA titles.

What does this mean? absolutely nothing much like the rewards system in BG.

When did I agree to participate? "you didnt have to SOE makes those decisions for you, emulating a government office.

What can I do to send a clear message to SOE that al of this is unacceptable? "drop subsciptions to all accounts managed by SOE!! Continue to write / phone, and /feedback if you continue subsciptions in game that is.

Bravo to SOE fo in one fell swipe hitting the Nerf equivilant to a grand SLAM on their PVE flagship product, thusly disenfranchising your customer base.

attrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #21
Aleste

Loremaster

Lot of people are a bit harsh... geesh give them some time nothing launches perfect. Content will be added the art is clean the lore is solid and bgs are fun given the right circumstances... [Removed for Content] at least you have more options on how you play. If the eq2 staff is short atm thats more of a reason not to give them hell. They bust their humps for sure and unlike some im sure they have family they want to spend time with and a life.... uggh i need to invent basement troll repelant. Moms, dads and grandparents alike would worship me.

90 Necro Levie (sold)

90 Assassin Aleste (sold)

90 Inquis Diveris (sold)

90 Mystic Diveris (sold)

90 Berserker Esen (sold)

90 Swashbucker Baail (sold)

90 Shadowknight Azrieal (sold)

90 Fury

90 Warden Levietate

90 Beastlord Az

110^^^x4 Verbal Jouster
Aleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #22
attrox

Loremaster

Congrats on farming tolkens for your dead ended character, conforming to anything the developers shovel to you.

1. Quality of service at an al time low "has been for months"

2. Censorship of these very forums, which seems very swift when calling SOE on it's mistakes.

3. A free full set of Fabled for very little effort, due to the fact "You Do not have what it takes PVE!!"

So continue to conform by all means "DEAD END!!" all characters on your accounts, as we "forum trolls" line up for the sacrifice of a fresh lamb.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
aggerts

Loremaster

Take 2This makes me laugh why would you make a stupid statement like this when you produce a piece of snot product you call Sentinal's Fate. I mean where is the rest of the content we were promised ??? why is it that peps can sit in BG afk & get geared out faster than they could in real game same if not better stats.I think someone was being silly when you did the itemization on BG, dev 1 >dumb laugh< "Hay wouldn't it be cool if we gave sweet  gear to peps in BG so they would have no choice but to play it to get gear" dev 2  >dumb laugh< "Wow thats a cool idea to get peps to play bg otherwise we would be hard pressed to get PVE players into it, nothing like dangling the carrot. Our bonus is secure this month". >High 5

Delete this if you must but i see not probs here just an opinion.

I am entitled to that as i do pay sub's RIGHT ???

aggerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #24
Ravaan

Loremaster

aggerts wrote:

Take 2This makes me laugh why would you make a stupid statement like this when you produce a piece of snot product you call Sentinal's Fate. I mean where is the rest of the content we were promised ??? why is it that peps can sit in BG afk & get geared out faster than they could in real game same if not better stats.I think someone was being silly when you did the itemization on BG, dev 1 >dumb laugh< "Hay wouldn't it be cool if we gave sweet  gear to peps in BG so they would have no choice but to play it to get gear" dev 2  >dumb laugh< "Wow thats a cool idea to get peps to play bg otherwise we would be hard pressed to get PVE players into it, nothing like dangling the carrot. Our bonus is secure this month". >High 5

Delete this if you must but i see not probs here just an opinion.

I am entitled to that as i do pay sub's RIGHT ???

why shouldn't you get good gear from BGing?

you raiders fight mobs who are there to be beaten us PVPers fight people who are there to win.

Ravaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
attrox

Loremaster

why shouldn't you get good gear from BGing?

you raiders fight mobs who are there to be beaten us PVPers fight people who are there to win.

You are making assumptions that we all Raid PVE.

Well let me state, this is not the case

why shouldn't you earn tolken gear for a full set, of armor "honestly you did not earn it"

Your turn around time between matches is much fasterr, than that of the single mark quest in comparison minimum being 18 hours no to mentions more pre reqs involved all to earn marks for lesser stat gear. very unbalanced.

No risk versuse rewards win 3 or win 1 with the game generating groups for you if it takes longer than that it has become your self infllicted time sink.

Contested mobs for updates which do not exist in your PVP section of the game for quest updates, as wel as Latency riddled overland zones and instances / dungeons thanks to increased Data flow BG.

equal opotunity you say? , "give in come to BG become part of the poorly implemented largest contributor to solo/ group / Raid lag and join the fun you win even if you lose"

I say we al have already lost, being the victims of empty promises from the Developers.

1 mssing content

2 class balances

3. gear balances /  missing mark recipe for remaining pieces left out

4. over censorship when comunity relations does not llike what they read.

It is my choice to not participate in BG but is it fair that we are forced to in order to earn near end game gear?

This the above would make me part of a problem that hinders all of PVE just because you don't take notice of it , does not make it accptable. Mcuh like you ill gotten BG gains or a purchased Myth update do not make you a Raider or even an acceptable instance groupmate. I do not make those assumtions, all I know about you is that you enjoy PVP which is fine if that is your game.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #26
Rothgar

Developer

This thread was created to recruit people to help us test Battlegrounds prior to launch on the test server. Since it has now derailed into bickering and insulting of the dev team we'll go ahead and lock it.

Feel free to post your opinions, positive or negative, in any one of the other active threads about Battlegrounds but please keep to the forum rules.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote